News Morgan Harper to fast to play

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I backed Harper heavily to score anytime and Manly to win paying $4.50! Just shows how much faith a fan has in his ability and the opposition ( who hadn’t won a game in six matches ) to win against us! I knew it was a bad idea to let him go, but clearly our board has NO IDEA! I backed this board to turn things around but I’m back tracking now and agree they have dusted their opportunities and faith us supporters have put in them.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone who ever defends that imbecile Dean Pay again has no idea about Rugby League. Morgan Harper had to be given more chances for two reasons. He has always looked a likely type and a solid first grader with time on his side. Secondly, Montoya and Holland are two of the worst centres to ever pull the jumper on. This was obvious before tonight. Thank phuck Pay is gone. The worst coach in our history comfortably!

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We persisted with guys like Holland and Montoya for years and never gave Harper a chance. It’s why we are where we are right now. And we are doing the same with Lewis, JMK and many more!!

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO many times we let players go and they come back and bite us in the asss ... I am happy for Harper just goes to show how good our club is when it comes to talent ... I think we should let Montoya, DWZ and Holland go so they can show their true potential at other clubs HAHA

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Listen I agree with you he should have been given a go, kid deserved it, Pay is a fcuk wit because how do u not give a junior who has worked his way through flegg, debuted as a 19 yr old in NSW cup and worked his way to captain of the NSW cup team a fair bloody go.

I watched him very closely since his debut for reggies and i was close to his biggest fan, even touted him as the next Nigel.V but im telling ya he went backwards when it mattered and you could probably blame Pay because he shut the kid down after those trials.
Pay only cared about defence and there was also a game where he was on the bench and got 15minutes at the end of a flogging to prove himself.

Harper had a few games to prove himself but Lewis gets 30-40?

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay only cared about defence and there was also a game where he was on the bench and got 15minutes at the end of a flogging to prove himself.

Harper had a few games to prove himself but Lewis gets 30-40?
Not only Lewis but there are heaps more that constantly are getting picked and everyone knows they don’t have it and never will

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Josh Morris said that Harper is the one to replace him when he left so if that meant anything I would’ve taken his word honestly

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm voting this board out next time.

The retention and recruitment decisions are abysmal.

Harper
Britt
Lewis

if you mention the "v" word, by law you have to say what a wonderful job the Anderson's are doing.....according to some on here

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In all fairness Harper went to shit when it was his time to step up to NRL.. Yes Pay should have given him more of a go but he was hardly setting the world on fire in reggies. Good on the kid for taking his second chance.
Exactly right. He was ordinary at the club and now after an ok game or two people are frothing over him. Manly wanted to pay him more than we were prepared to. He wanted to play under Des. You can’t keep them all. Good luck to him

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harper's last two games were as good as he has played since been graded - the issues with the dogs are multi faceted
1. the squad is weak
2. coaching (skills, strategy strength fitness) has been poor for a number of years - players haven't improved - they improve when they leave
3. Recrutment retention from first grade through to juniors

Im hopeful that some key signings, some key moving on of players and quality coaching will make a significant difference in 2021.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly right. He was ordinary at the club and now after an ok game or two people are frothing over him. Manly wanted to pay him more than we were prepared to. He wanted to play under Des. You can’t keep them all. Good luck to him
He was under contract for the rest of the season so there was no reason to release him. I doubt he wanted to play for Des. He just wanted an opportunity.

He wanted to play for anyone else but Pay who kept him in Reserves for two seasons while incompetent park footballers played ahead of him.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was under contract for the rest of the season so there was no reason to release him. I doubt he wanted to play for Des. He just wanted an opportunity.

He wanted to play for anyone else but Pay who kept him in Reserves for two seasons while incompetent park footballers played ahead of him.
He told me he was keen to play for Des and with Tommy T & DCE. I’m not sure why he’d lie

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My point is he's a quick fix for a short period of time. Either he'd come good or he was good enough to leave there until we found someone better. Persisiting with smith, holland and montoya and then stupidly signing lafai was just immense stupidity and incompetence by the cosching staff and board
I said earlier this year I thought Harper should get a go to see what he had. Nothing to do with the board though. Purely a coaching decision. Boards will back their coaches and not intervene in selections. The only time they are in the discussion is when it comes to money ie: when Pay requested we sign Grub. In this case the Dogs board only got involved when Harper was approached by Manly and requested a release. That’s what led to signing Lafai - a squad replacement for Harper. By all means blame Price, Pay, Georgallis and Antonelli - but you can’t blame the board for why Harper is now at Crookvale.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He told me he was keen to play for Des and with Tommy T & DCE. I’m not sure why he’d lie
I'm sure he was excited because he was playing anywhere else but for us or Pay as coach and finally had a chance to play somewhere.

You and I know players aren't excited to play under Des or Madge etc.. It was all about opportunity. Anyway, good luck to him. I'm glad he's playing well and it made no sense why he wasn't given more games or at least kept til the end of the season. Because recruiting Lafai achieved nothing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I saw this coming tonight from Harper. Chucked him into my Supercoach team for cheap and it paid off bigtime! haha
Same lol