Official Morgan Harper promoted to Top 30 Squad.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% agree, surely there'll be some movement in the next couple of months with a player of interest.
Considering C.Smith has signed on for 2 we should really be enquiring about Brad Smith..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely the weirdest Fijian player Ive laid eyes on. The explosiveness of Czislowski with the leg drive of schifcofske.

Maybe that's his problem.. ***** got low cock syndrome.
Schicofske was a pretty good player man... I WISH MONTY WAS CLOSE TO HIM!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Schicofske was a pretty good player man... I WISH MONTY WAS CLOSE TO HIM!
Yup that's why I said leg drive. The player I was actually thinking of in regards to leg drive was Brett Hodgson. But both have it in spades over Monty

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering C.Smith has signed on for 2 we should really be enquiring about Brad Smith..
Sounds like he could be on the move, we need him. He is a true bulldog style hooker.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes i agree, wonder if they would trade with lichaa hahahaha

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is why the club shouldn’t have filled up their top 30 this early....
Not actually an issue as we can release a player up to 30 June. Simplistic maths says we currently have some space in our cap, so we could release a player, pay them out (which is included in the cap) and add another and still stay under the cap. Noting that players 27 to 30 minimum is $72.5k.

Go Dogs

Max Cheetham

New Pup
Reaction score
At the moment in my opinion Morgan Harper's NRL comparison would have to be Josh Morris.
Just a safe centre that looks real solid in defence. Not saying he is as good just the style of play is similar.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone creaming over that Xerri youngster from the sharks anyone know much about him ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah his pretty handy from what I’ve seen, one of the better centres coming thru
We should try steal him then haha. But with injury prone Morris and Dugan, I don't see his path to grade being blocked for to long

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should've just swapped Olive for Harper and kept a spot free...
For sure,, from what I have seen off Olive it seems we have better options. Harper should off been 1st choice for the 30 over Olive. To me it also appears that we may be under the cap this season which is a tremendous effort compared to the mess they were left last year.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For sure,, from what I have seen off Olive it seems we have better options. Harper should off been 1st choice for the 30 over Olive. To me it also appears that we may be under the cap this season which is a tremendous effort compared to the mess they were left last year.
Agreed. Props to our current management, there's a far greater balance to our playing rosters books atm thanks to the discarding of the overpaid hacks.

We've got a talented, youthful roster. We're still a fair way off being a serious Premiership contender, but the foundations are there and within 2 or 3 years time I can see us giving it real shake.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I am impressed with what the management has done,,,, to think last year we were all scratching our heads wondering what the hell is going on. Now our cap is looking ok and we have a competitive team as well. We will be underestimated by other teams in the first half off the season seeing everyone except dogs supporters have got us finishing at the end of the ladder. I think we have a good chance off hitting the top 8.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I am impressed with what the management has done,,,, to think last year we were all scratching our heads wondering what the hell is going on. Now our cap is looking ok and we have a competitive team as well. We will be underestimated by other teams in the first half off the season seeing everyone except dogs supporters have got us finishing at the end of the ladder. I think we have a good chance off hitting the top 8.
Yeah the next couple of years are about seeing which of the young boys step up. If most do, we could challenge for the eight. My worries for 2019 are Lichaa, and Foran's fitness. Cogger might be decent cover but we've got nothing if Lichaa doesn't improve or falls over.

R. Smith and Lewis already look the goods - Ogden and C Smith too I reckon (but not JMK, Brown, Tualau or Fualalo IMO). We just need a few of the other boys like Cogger, Meaney, Harper, Okenbor, RT, Wakeham, Hamill, Roumanos and Saddler, to make it. We still need a proper first grade dummy half for 2020, but if those guys step up we can really target our buys in 2021, when we get some real money to spend.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club was probably hoping to see more player fall out from Panthers/Tigers/Broncos/Souths/Sharks over coaching changes.
It’s crazy how much depth the Broncos have compared to us. Staggs, Kahu and Perese all miss out on a starting spot. All 3 would probably walk into our team right now

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It’s crazy how much depth the Broncos have compared to us. Staggs, Kahu and Perese all miss out on a starting spot. All 3 would probably walk into our team right now
Yeah but look at the area and feeder clubs they have.

Broncos pretty much have the first pick from about 3-4 incredibly well respected schools, plus feed from several Intrust Super Cup / Mal Meninga Cup sides (I believe).

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but look at the area and feeder clubs they have.

Broncos pretty much have the first pick from about 3-4 incredibly well respected schools, plus feed from several Intrust Super Cup / Mal Meninga Cup sides (I believe).
Their backline depth really isn’t about juniors. They managed to re-sign Oates and Isaako which must have involved some brown paper bags. They then managed to steal the Reds biggest prospect in years with no guarantee of a first team place. Then you have an international in Kahu who is a bit injury prone but a very solid player. It’s been a very impressive bout of recruitment and retention from them.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Harper gets some time in the trial. Can't mature into an old hand in an off season but can get a lot of confidence and a bit of muscle. I want to see how he goes against seasoned players asap.