Official Morgan Harper promoted to Top 30 Squad.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/01/10/harper-elevated-to-top-30/
Thu 10 Jan 2019, 10:31 AM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to announce Morgan Harper has been elevated to the NRL Top 30.

Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA, each club had until March 1 to register 29 players and June 30 to finalise their top squad.

Following the announcement of Dylan Napa joining the club in November, the club had one spot left to fill on their roster and the addition of Harper now sees the Bulldogs with a complete Top 30.

Harper was named as one of the club's development players, but following an impressive pre-season, the talented outside back has been rewarded with a Top 30 contract.

The 21-year old has been contracted to the club for five years and was also a member of the club's High Performance Youth Program in New Zealand.

An exciting outside back, Morgan began the 2018 season with the club's Jersey Flegg side before finishing with the successful reserve grade team who claimed both the Intrust Super Premiership and National State Championship.

Harper was rewarded for his efforts with a spot in the Junior Kiwis team.

TOP 30:

Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Chris Smith, Christian Crichton, Corey Harawira-Naera, Danny Fualalo, Dylan Napa, Fa'amanu Brown, Francis Tualau, Jack Cogger, Jayden Okunbor, Jeremy Marshall-King, John Olive, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Kieran Foran, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Michael Lichaa, Morgan Harper, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Rhyse Martin, Sauaso Sue, Will Hopoate, Zac Saddler

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS:

Tui Katoa, James Roumanos, Jarred Anderson

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/01/10/harper-its-an-honour/
Morgan interviewed after the news and says it's an honour and will make him drive harder for a first grade spot.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good work Morgan I know hes not quite ready yet but he will be an exciting player to watch

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if the club was hoping to sign someone and it's fallen thru, as a result they promoted Harper.

I'm happy with this in any case and wish Morgan all the best, I'm sure he'll play first grade in the coming years.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if the club was hoping to sign someone and it's fallen thru, as a result they promoted Harper.

I'm happy with this in any case and wish Morgan all the best, I'm sure he'll play first grade in the coming years.
This - for sure

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Club was probably hoping to see more player fall out from Panthers/Tigers/Broncos/Souths/Sharks over coaching changes.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had some really nice touches in the ISP last year, looking forward to seeing what he produces over the coming years

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harper will get his chance at center while Holland is on Origin duties :tearsofjoy:

I think the deal that feel through was Segyaro, which is probably for the best.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good work Morgan I know hes not quite ready yet but he will be an exciting player to watch
Not far off... Kid adapts pretty darn quick and made a much better impression than Reimis in ISP. Kid's a gooden.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Should've just swapped Olive for Harper and kept a spot free...

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really enjoyed watching harper play ISP last season, I'll never forget that one on one strip to seal the game , well done Morgan bright future ahead if you keep working hard at it

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He always looked strong in defence once he got hold of anyone, and he can run. He's obviously in the mix for a crack at some stage and I hope he gets one. A fit Foran, a fast centre and a new (or completely reconditioned) dummy half are our main missing parts. One of those would be better than none, so come on Harper!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Odd that we filled out our top 30, no new signings unless there's a long term injury or we release someone.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should've just swapped Olive for Harper and kept a spot free...
100% agree, surely there'll be some movement in the next couple of months with a player of interest.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club read my posts lol

That or they accepted my offer they couldn't refuse lol

Future star.
Absolutely bro. The bloke is a gun. He better be given a chance this year, and I do not want to ever see Montaya in 1st grade ever again.

Compare his runs from dummy to the other outside backs. And his kick returns. They guy needs to spend serious time in the gym.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
See the gym session thread created yesterday. Monty has definitely put on some size.
Definitely the weirdest Fijian player Ive laid eyes on. The explosiveness of Czislowski with the leg drive of schifcofske.

Maybe that's his problem.. ***** got low cock syndrome.