Moore left to defend the troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
Tigers on Friday night had nothing to lose, no pressure to win, play a natural ad lib footy and these things vs the Dogs heavily weighed by being potential minor premiers, knowing they have September finals, etc means the game was always a question of composure and the Dogs lacked.....next week will tell if the Dogs are serious contenders for 09'

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Tigers on Friday night had nothing to lose, no pressure to win, play a natural ad lib footy and these things vs the Dogs heavily weighed by being potential minor premiers, knowing they have September finals, etc means the game was always a question of composure and the Dogs lacked.....next week will tell if the Dogs are serious contenders for 09'
How many times have we heard that cop-out

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
its not a cop out, it fact, Dogs slop it next week we can say good bye 09, they pull their ****e together the team gets some momentum and its all possible from there

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
i thnk moore has done a good job all year but finals footy is diff. holdsworth hsould not even be consided. eastwood, warburton and ryan pack the scrum and stagg to 6. bring barba to the bench and bring him into the game in second half. lots more pressure on roberts and i no he isnt a half back this just an idea

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
and we cant just "bleed in" new players at the expense of FG. even as interchange. to bring in kite and barba etc. would take spots from Armit, Warburton, possibly Eastwood - consitent players who get the job done.
I agree .. which is why we are upset

Because Moore had an entire year to give our junior players which have potential some experience but didn't

and now we HAVE to settle for Holdsworth/Roberts

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing Holdsworth in the 17 during the season was good insurance.

Our style of play is very dependant on building pressure - we need to complete, kick and chase.

Wests played with all the ball and nothing to lose. - Our entire team had to tackle their guts out and we had very little left in the tank to attack.

Even when Morris scored his long range try he was running on very tired legs.

Newcastle will be very different - with 50-50 ball we will win.

On a positive note I thought Hannant was strong and will be even better for the run.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Playing Holdsworth in the 17 during the season was good insurance.
Rubbish ... complete Rubbish

he would come in, play a cheap mans second row

Put in a little kick, miss a few tackles then go home

marfo666

atway ahbray?
Reaction score
I agree .. which is why we are upset

Because Moore had an entire year to give our junior players which have potential some experience but didn't

and now we HAVE to settle for Holdsworth/Roberts
I get ur point but your saying a whole year, but he names a team roughly 4 days b4 a game. and we've hardly had MANY convincing/smashing wins, so how would he come to the decision of picking Barba/others over those who have won the week b4. and also our team is fairly new especially at the start of the year so how could u switch Roberts for Barba when u've had success with Roberts. It's a difficult situation but i know if i had a winning formula that i was trying to build on for "our future" i wouldn't be messing with it just to stroke the ego of Barba and his many followers. plus he's like 21 or something, what ever happened to paying dues, and waiting for ur chance

Status
Not open for further replies.