Opinion Montoya

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The pass was catchable but shouldn’t have been thrown. If you get a 20 tap with under 2 mins left and scores are level the team taking the tap should be the only ones with a shot at winning the game. Just dummy half runs and hit ups all the way down to field goal range. There’s no need to be taking a chance with a pass like that.
Nah man sorry we had to do something different there. And honestly it’s not out of ordinary just a stock cut out pass that was on.
Just shits me people trying to make something out of nothing. Montoya dropped an easy pass cold end of story.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t blame Montoya, I blame the people responsible for giving him a contract and making him believe he is a 1st grade footballer, and the coach for picking him ahead of more deserving and talented players that are at the club or left the club because they were told they were stuck behind the Montoya’s, Holland’s and a like.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Averillo recovered and available for selection again?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah man sorry we had to do something different there. And honestly it’s not out of ordinary just a stock cut out pass that was on.
Just shits me people trying to make something out of nothing. Montoya dropped an easy pass cold end of story.
Sorry I can’t agree you don’t need to try anything there. If you have the ball in that situation you have to play the percentages or you leave yourself open to things happening like this afternoon.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t agree you don’t need to try anything there. If you have the ball in that situation you have to play the percentages or you leave yourself open to things happening like this afternoon.
You leave yourself open by passing a routine pass. Yeah dunno about that sorry.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You leave yourself open by passing a routine pass. Yeah dunno about that sorry.
It was a routine pass in that any other half would through a spiral ball at the chest , not a fucking helicopter at the knees. Was a fucking terrible pass , wouldn't expect more from that spud lewis .

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about the 2-3 times RFM dropped it cold, bad pass?
How about the couple times Tolman dropped it, bad pass??
Sometimes the bloke “attempting” the so called pass needs to actually do what a first grader should do and catch a bloody pass.
Geebus fkn Christ.
Haven’t heard much about them. We were in some decent attacking zone then yeah?
Baaaa.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's just a panic footballer. He looks lost and scared. He couldn't beat an egg with an electric egg beater, let alone beat a defender. Im over our park footy players running out in first grade. Just keep signing some decent players ffs

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Pass should never have been thrown there
2. Pass was shit
3. Montoya should have caught it but obviously the hit up before affected him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fukn hell.. the kid was unconcious and still on his feet. If anything his an idiot because he should have stayed down and might have got a penalty which would have taken us down field and a chance for a field goal.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's just a panic footballer. He looks lost and scared. He couldn't beat an egg with an electric egg beater, let alone beat a defender. Im over our park footy players running out in first grade. Just keep signing some decent players ffs
Nah he couldn’t beat a lost winger with a decent ball to Crichton in open space 5m from the line.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pass was terrible but catchable. Montoya wouldn’t have done anything even if he caught it.
Both players are terrible so I’m not sure what the point of arguing is

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its first grade. Gotta catch that. A ball player has every right to expect the outside men to be expecting it.
Both are true for mine. Should have been caught and the pass shouldn’t have been thrown at that stage of the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Now that the emotions have calmed down and I’ve rewatched parts of the game, I will say one thing about Montoya to his credit. That last play where he falls flat on his face trying to catch a Lewis pass to lose the game in spectacular fashion is some of the funniest sh*t I’ve seen on a football field. I’ve replayed it on Kayo a few times. Thanks for the lolz Marcelo!
And IYHO was it a bad pass or Monty feet for hands klutz?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is a spastic i dont know what he has on people at the club but he is a fraud I cant believe he gets picked over averillo
We still haven't found a coach capable of picking the best 17!