Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i have been a massive fan of this guy last year but this year he does my head in!

He has a very bad habit of turning his back on the opposition in defence when sliding or back tracking & gets lost in no mans land

Also last year he was one of the best in the comp under the high ball this year he seems scared to attack the ball a lot of the time.... he also seems slower??

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt just him on that side though.. they all slided backwards like retards

I thought he was good in the second half .. especially when getting us out of our own half

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Had a much better 2nd half and ran with aggression but we need to make some changes on our right edge, overall it's a mess.
Most teams favoured attacking side is the left (our right) J-Morris needs to switch with Hoppa so we can try fix the mess that is our right edge defence.

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
Great tuff win buy the boys but have to agree Montoya is bad in defence and is way to slow I have never seen him get in the clear ! In the second half ran past the ball I defence in the Maloney try and didn’t even turn and case needs to go we need speed !!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
First 40 = horrible
Second 40 = better.

I wonder if it's lack of quality ball impacting him. It's almost like he gets flat ball all the time.

But defensively the Jackson/Hoppa/Montoya side has been shocking.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First 40 = horrible
Second 40 = better.

I wonder if it's lack of quality ball impacting him. It's almost like he gets flat ball all the time.

But defensively the Jackson/Hoppa/Montoya side has been shocking.
Pampers went that way a lot tonight. Montoya was one of the principal contributors to one of the Penrith tries with a miss in defence being turned inside out. Jackson has made some uncharacteristic bad defensive reads this year; perhaps the load of defensive work in the past few seasons has started to take a toll although he has made 102 ( most for the team) in the first three games for only 6 misses.

Montoya has made ten with five misses and Hoppa 56 for 5 misses.

On the other side Mariner 72 for 2 misses; Brett 9 for 3 misses and Josh 21 for 3 misses.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Montoya is rubbish, I don’t get the Morris haters after u watch Montoya. Soft in defence and loose carries with the ball, giving the ball back to them when we had a chance to score. Bmoz saves a try held up over the line only for this plonker to let Mansour score in the other corner next play with a bullshit effort in defence, give me bmoz any day over him. Time for olive to have a crack.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Going a bit average I guess but not bad enough to get dropped.
Right edge defence needs work.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Montoya was good tonight, no issues for mine...he is solid and improving
Same here... his not the most amazing speedy winger but his a tough kid that does good things in attack and defence. Only thing is I just wish he was smarter.

Like the Mansour try, instead of pushing him attack the arm carrying the ball or when finishing learn to fly instead of dropping to ur knees.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Montoya is rubbish, I don’t get the Morris haters after u watch Montoya. Soft in defence and loose carries with the ball, giving the ball back to them when we had a chance to score. Bmoz saves a try held up over the line only for this plonker to let Mansour score in the other corner next play with a bullshit effort in defence, give me bmoz any day over him. Time for olive to have a crack.
Because Mansour is the easiest winger in the comp to stop at speed... yep.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think Holland will be next in line

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Monty needs to watch the game back... he's generally pretty hard on himself after a poor performance, and he'll need to be on his game next week against the Rabbitohs.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because Mansour is the easiest winger in the comp to stop at speed... yep.
Maybe not the easiest to stop, but why not put his body on the line? What kind of effort was that little push? He fell for the dummy from Isaah Yeo leading to there 1st try, not to mention the poor excuse of an attempt at tackling Edwards when he scored before half time. Just think he is very over rated after a couple of good performances early last year.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
No tries scored on Morris’ side. Montoya needs to work on his timing jn defense and communication with hoppa. They are playing like they have no faith in each other

Status
Not open for further replies.