Montoya. Is he Serious?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember that as well, I think it was against saints and it was at a critical point in the game.
If I recall correctly we ended up losing that game in extra time!!
No it was against the tigers (I was at the game and couldn't believe it), he had a head start on the tigers defence too and at that stage Montoya hadn't had any knee injuries.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it was against the tigers (I was at the game and couldn't believe it), he had a head start on the tigers defence too and at that stage Montoya hadn't had any knee injuries.
You're correct, the game I was thinking of we were behind 18-16 late against saints at ANZ and he was tackled into touch on the third

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember that and yet he's still in FG!!!
I know right. I saw Reagan Campbell-Gillard run 50 meters to score a try the other week and he had to swerve to beat a couple of tackle attempts.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw a winger with a clear path to the try line, couldn't even run 40 meters.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it we don't have class in the backline. But at the 57 sec mark on video link, WTF Montoya. Should the touch judge go above and beyond and notify him there's a movement on?
He wasn't even interested in the next moment when averillo fumbled in goal.
I have no idea if this guy has the desire to be an NRL player. His commitment and attention span is that of a primary school footballer.

200% I stated in another thread ,when foran made that break where was Montoya 20 meters behind,no idea doesn’t read a game at all

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Merge seem keen to sign up our mediocre players, hopefully they'll sign Monti as well

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember him being really good when he first came into grade. Injuries have completely destroyed him.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is the worst player I have ever seen wear the blue and white! I have a dummy spit everytime I see him named in the side!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
am i the only one that thinks he looks like that tennis player.... nick kyrgios?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
The fucking Titanic was more faster in dodging the iceberg than what Montoya does for a kick chase.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran made the break off a nice ball from Tolman and was looking left and right for support players. Montoya was 20 metres behind just jogging and watching while a scoring opportunity went to waste.

Our support play has been a disgrace for seven years or more. I can't wait for Barrett to take over and to emphasise supporting on every run and fixing the attack.
That’s spot on. Imagine that at the roosters, tedesco scores everyday of the week and so does the fox at mlb. Why is our support play so shit. Our wingers and fullback need to be punishing teams in those situations

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He simply isn't a first grader I'm sure he tries hard at training and is a nice guy but he's not up to it.

He would be the slowest back in the NRL by a long way and doesn't have anything else in his game to make up for his lack of pace.
Lol I know what 'nice guy' is filtered for. Edgy!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea why Montoya gets selected ahead of Schoupp

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
In what world is Montoya delected ahead of Reimis?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can’t believe I say it but agree. Remis has to come in on the wing over montoya ffs. He’s a flop.

Meaney
Dwz
Lafai
Jake
Remis

It’s fucking obvious.

Maybe he’s trying to make him earn it and show he’s not walking in between stupid suspensions (this is his second) and absolutely garbage form. That said montoya is worse ffs and Smith is a fucking winger

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Remis will only play centre and SG won’t back down?

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They may as well throw a jersey on an old donkey and walk it on the field...Montoya should be put down

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know right. I saw Reagan Campbell-Gillard run 50 meters to score a try the other week and he had to swerve to beat a couple of tackle attempts.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw a winger with a clear path to the try line, couldn't even run 40 meters.
It's a pity that these kinds of poor efforts and standards have crept into acceptability by our past 3 coach's. Hasler. Pay. Now Georgalis apparently.