Monday Buzz: Ivan Cleary in danger of becoming the game’s new Brian Smith

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really do not know what the hype was around Staines.
His first game he scored 4 tries, all 4 of them where he really caught the ball 10 metres out and scored untouched and people like Vossy were going crazy.
Its as if he was like Utai who had to catch the ball and steamrolled defenders to get the tries.
Bloke gets pushed back every hit up …. In comparison to the other winger it’s laughable

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His bench rotation hurt them too. Leniu and TPJ get like 20 minutes each, whilst Eisenhuth plays the majority of game.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would have thought Leniu was a like for like replacement for Leota... I wonder why Leniu doesn't have Cleary's trust as yet

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
you would have thought Leniu was a like for like replacement for Leota... I wonder why Leniu doesn't have Cleary's trust as yet
Spencer is a weird one. Started the year playing 38 minutes and looked strong during the first month or so. His minutes continually declined though and he eventually found himself in and out of the side. He then looked pretty poor from then on out but was getting junk minutes.

Penrith have a weird rotation though, backrowers constantly being shuffled across the forward pack and interchanged, hookers interchanging, etc.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Off topic, I know; but I think the same of the Rooster's Tupou. He is tall, and can finish a try; but he has no strength for his size, and is easily pushed over the sideline or tackled to the ground.
I rate Tupou. He is a beast in the air and never shies away from the dirty carries. Doesn't seem to score many long range tries these days but he is in the top 2 or 3 wingers in the game IMO. Never used to think he was much chop but he is a solid all-round player, his defence (and Herbert's brainfart) saved the game for the Rorters on the weekend.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's useless. If you added up the metres he's ran in his whole tally of tries so far it'd be lucky to be 200m. Overhyped bog average dud.
Still had a huge portion of kennelers lining up with the pitchforks when we didn't sign him.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i
I really do not know what the hype was around Staines.
His first game he scored 4 tries, all 4 of them where he really caught the ball 10 metres out and scored untouched and people like Vossy were going crazy.
Its as if he was like Utai who had to catch the ball and steamrolled defenders to get the tries.
in the 79th min in the grand final that never was

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spencer is a weird one. Started the year playing 38 minutes and looked strong during the first month or so. His minutes continually declined though and he eventually found himself in and out of the side. He then looked pretty poor from then on out but was getting junk minutes.

Penrith have a weird rotation though, backrowers constantly being shuffled across the forward pack and interchanged, hookers interchanging, etc.
he nearly signed with us he should of just come he would get heaps of game time here

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phil Rothfield is in danger of becoming the Sports World's Walter Duranty.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know who Walter Duranty is. But did he by chance have a blood test and find that it was more alcohol than organic matter?
Walter Duranty is probably the lowest scum of the Earth "journalist" of all time. The King of fake news is ever there was one. A propagandist for the New York Times who covered up the Holocaust & Soviet Union famine. Had he revealed the truth when he learned of it, it would have save millions of lives. So Rothfield's "journalism" hasn't killed anyone that I know of, he is a propagandist & spewer of fake news.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Panthers problem is Luai. He has hardly played with the same flair since Origin II.

No way are they beating Melbourne with their current form. Ivan should bench Luai and play Burton at 5/8th, he'd at least be a threat with his running game and footwork.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Panthers problem is Luai. He has hardly played with the same flair since Origin II.

No way are they beating Melbourne with their current form. Ivan should bench Luai and play Burton at 5/8th, he'd at least be a threat with his running game and footwork.
Its Cleary, he is playing injured

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its Cleary, he is playing injured
Yup, this is the issue with their system. When Cleary isn't performing at the level he needs to be then everything breaks down, it's also not like Luai can step up an takeover because he's limited to a narrow corridor on the left edge.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne will beat penrith in a trott in the prelim,they are choking badly again. can't wait to see the look on Ivan and Brandy's faces when the storm destroy the flogs.
Me too. Fuck Penrith. Cant wait to see Nathan Clearasil crying after the Storm send him packing for another year

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he turned down the dogs so who cares, enjoy your scarce 20 minute stints and winning nothing

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The riff will get done over deluxe by the rested drizz. They looked very ordinary Sat night and super luck to win.

But the drizz the kings of the dive and play the ball slow down and nobody gives a toss.