News Monday Buzz: Behind the scenes feud at the Dogs tearing the club apart

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s some valid suggestions here but also a lot of hysteria.

Exhibit A: Booze Flopfield:

‘The football club is bleeding and will be needing around $6 million from the League Club this year to break even’.

Exhibit B: Bulldogs Football Club Update:

‘The Football Club is in a strong position - on target to post a healthy profit on our 2020 Profit and Loss. It needs to be stated that our monthly grant from the Canterbury League Club stopped in March by mutual decision’.

Members can receive financial statements from the footy club, so there’s simply no way Exhibit B can be a ‘lie’ as some have suggested (without evidence).

There might be frustration at the on field results (fair enough, but a known issue - let’s see what 2021 brings with lots of changes).

There will also always be some dislike for the office holders regardless of the individuals (facts of life).

But the automatic assumption that the club is headed into oblivion because a fiction author with an axe to grind threw some more mud - I think our supporters need to take a deep breath and think things through a bit more.
Dinkum,

All of the above is correct mate except for perhaps your last comment .

"But the automatic assumption that the club is headed into oblivion because a fiction author with an axe to grind threw some more mud - I think our supporters need to take a deep breath and think things through a bit more."

Things can get blown out of proportion but I know you have held Phil Gould's commentary up before as credible reference so if he says;

"I don't know what the answer is but I know, I just know the answer is not persevering with the people that are there," Gould said.

"They've got to understand that it's hurting the club. If you are a player looking to go and play with a club, how high on the list is the Bulldogs? Which means the ones you get access to are going to be way down the list, you're going to pay a premium for it, it's going to eat up your salary cap very quickly again and you're going to be no more competitive than you are this year.

"I just can't see it working until they resolve that mess behind the scenes. It's all got to be disbanded and someone else has got to be given a go at it because what they promised hasn't been delivered. At the moment, this is the problem with the Bulldogs. It's the toxicity, internally, at these levels."

Surely that raises more than a few concerns with members and supporters as to we were are at the moment, if we are to assume Gould is still credible??

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkum,

All of the above is correct mate except for perhaps your last comment .

"But the automatic assumption that the club is headed into oblivion because a fiction author with an axe to grind threw some more mud - I think our supporters need to take a deep breath and think things through a bit more."

Things can get blown out of proportion but I know you have held Phil Gould's commentary up before as credible reference so if he says;

"I don't know what the answer is but I know, I just know the answer is not persevering with the people that are there," Gould said.

"They've got to understand that it's hurting the club. If you are a player looking to go and play with a club, how high on the list is the Bulldogs? Which means the ones you get access to are going to be way down the list, you're going to pay a premium for it, it's going to eat up your salary cap very quickly again and you're going to be no more competitive than you are this year.

"I just can't see it working until they resolve that mess behind the scenes. It's all got to be disbanded and someone else has got to be given a go at it because what they promised hasn't been delivered. At the moment, this is the problem with the Bulldogs. It's the toxicity, internally, at these levels."

Surely that raises more than a few concerns with members and supporters as to we were are at the moment, if we are to assume Gould is still credible??
For me Baz Gus’ credibility starts and stops on the field - the game itself. I don’t dispute his knowledge and experience there.

But I have stopped listening to his podcast which increasingly became a platform to air his grievances while the ultimate yes man James Bracey nods like an obedient puppy dog which Gus would love.

I do dispute the way he plays politics and in particular it’s well known he’s very anti the Anderson/Moore clan - has never forgiven them for being sacked as coach in favour of Opes more than 30 years ago. Time he built a bridge and got over it.

He’s also close to Coorey so his fanning of the flames is just that. He’s been made to look foolish already with Baz (I’m so pleased our new coach is named after you :-)) coming out and saying he’s not only committed but that the footy club have been nothing but professional and supportive.

So as I said: deep breath - the noise will die down.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me Baz Gus’ credibility starts and stops on the field - the game itself. I don’t dispute his knowledge and experience there.

But I have stopped listening to his podcast which increasingly became a platform to air his grievances while the ultimate yes man James Bracey nods like an obedient puppy dog which Gus would love.

I do dispute the way he plays politics and in particular it’s well known he’s very anti the Anderson/Moore clan - has never forgiven them for being sacked as coach in favour of Opes more than 30 years ago. Time he built a bridge and got over it.

He’s also close to Coorey so his fanning of the flames is just that. He’s been made to look foolish already with Baz (I’m so pleased our new coach is named after you :-)) coming out and saying he’s not only committed but that the footy club have been nothing but professional and supportive.

Thats fair enough, but I think there will be more fighting and bitching before sanity prevails. I think a few skeletons are about to be dragged out..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just clean out the dysfunctional football club board. They haven't delivered in the three years they have been here. We never had this incredible instability during Dib's tenure as Chairman. Forget about Dib, go back even further. We've always marketed ourselves as a stable and strong club. Not the shambles that we are. Who gives a shit about the leagues club board. That's the leagues club business. We just want the cheques to keep rolling in.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My view is the allegations were aired in public by his opponents on purpose. Why would they want to try to reduce the publicity and protect him?
It's not to protect him, it's to protect the club. At the moment the media are making out that the club is doing nothing whereas there isn't much they can do. The media are once again being a bunch of pricks against this club & not being the slightest bit fair. They do not appear to know the slightest thing about journalism, just sensationalism.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s some valid suggestions here but also a lot of hysteria.

Exhibit A: Booze Flopfield:

‘The football club is bleeding and will be needing around $6 million from the League Club this year to break even’.

Exhibit B: Bulldogs Football Club Update:

‘The Football Club is in a strong position - on target to post a healthy profit on our 2020 Profit and Loss. It needs to be stated that our monthly grant from the Canterbury League Club stopped in March by mutual decision’.

Members can receive financial statements from the footy club, so there’s simply no way Exhibit B can be a ‘lie’ as some have suggested (without evidence).

There might be frustration at the on field results (fair enough, but a known issue - let’s see what 2021 brings with lots of changes).

There will also always be some dislike for the office holders regardless of the individuals (facts of life).

But the automatic assumption that the club is headed into oblivion because a fiction author with an axe to grind threw some more mud - I think our supporters need to take a deep breath and think things through a bit more.
Mate. Always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate you bringing some clarity to things.

Without everything isn't rosy, as you've said. But is it the end of the world right now? No.

Here's hoping that we'll be able to get 3-4 quality additions for next year. I'm really excited to see that we're getting the right coaching staff behind Barrett which is absolutely wonderful.

We're far frmo being there, before people jump on me. A long LONG way to go for the club to prove they've truly turned the corner but I'm hopefuly we won't have to wait too long!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With old mate Coorey needing to be pepper sprayed and tasered to remove him from the chair, the noise is only going to get louder..

I think now that it's lawyer o'clock, the shitfight is just getting started.

You might have to hold that breath for a while Dinkum..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
needing to be pepper sprayed and tasered to remove him from the chair.
Odd, he’s not in that good a nick Baz :-).

What I find interesting is the league club’s desire to run another investigation after the footy club already had. Maybe it’s box ticking before the league club asks their members to vote on his future.

5 board meetings in 9 days suggests he doesn’t have the support of his fellow directors and the club constitution says only members can vote to remove him. Join the dots - and of course the media will sensationalise it but I think many can see through what’s happening here - smoking gun or not.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Odd, he’s not in that good a nick Baz :-).

What I find interesting is the league club’s desire to run another investigation after the footy club already had. Maybe it’s box ticking before the league club asks their members to vote on his future.

5 board meetings in 9 days suggests he doesn’t have the support of his fellow directors and the club constitution says only members can vote to remove him. Join the dots - and of course the media will sensationalise it but I think many can see through what’s happening here - smoking gun or not.
That's kind of what I am alluding to mate. I mentioned in another thread that I think both boards will have a shake up.

If right, we will see a couple of new additions and some position changes.

Does anyone know a bloke called Arthur?..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's kind of what I am alluding to mate. I mentioned in another thread that I think both boards will have a shake up.

If right, we will see a couple of new additions and some position changes.

Does anyone know a bloke called Arthur?..
League Club board maybe yes.
Why the footy club board though?
They’re out of this - investigated and cleared Coorey. You’re saying it might be a negotiated outcome - heads roll on both to agree to walk away? Maybe...

Arthur should get involved with the footy club board - doubt he would become involved in the league club running a competitive business group (pub/club differences sure but if it’s yellow and quacks like a duck fair chance it’s a yellow duck). That’s also what I find interesting about the footy club taking no money from the league club since March and bringing the Laundy’s in. Sure, the Rona played a role but is this the footy club’s attempt to strengthen itself and make it less reliant on the league club? If so I say great move. Don’t sever the league club of course and the Laundy’s will have to stick around a lot longer than 2022 for it to be effective but can you join those dots or you think I’ve stumbled across another Kennellers frequently used crack pipe? :-).