Moments that typify our season

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
* we bust the defensive & attacking the goal line & the ball goes to Tolman. Why does Jmk pass to him, why does Tolman call for the ball, why are the halves not demanding the ball.
* less than 5 minutes to go, deep in our half & need to make something happen. We take 5 harmless runs from dummy & kick. The team has not be train to attack ad lib.
* spreading the ball wide in attacking & many times there is Tolman, 1 or 2 passes of the ruck acting as a pivot. See Penrith attack with long passes straight to their halves on the move. Why has this structure been persisted with
* Meaney gets the ball from a kick down field, gets monstered & driven backwards. Forward momentum lost. In today's game where big wingers set the platform for the go forward, we stubbornly stick with players not in their right position
* again we finished higher in completed sets, but lose the game. Stats don't win games , footballers do. Look at East's, their completion rate is in the bottom 8, but they scored the most points. Too much focus on completing the stats.
* some many more moments that typify the season
I know we don't have the cattle to be in the Top 8, but at least we could have a structure & plan that makes the team more competitive..... my rant is over

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis puts a bomb up into the In-goal and hits the crossbar and out the dead ball line for a 20 m restart.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That moment for me was yesterday in the second half - This was everything our 2020 season was about-
Titans put up bomb & three of our outside backs all look at each other & call "YOURS" & let the friggin thing bounce, Titans collect the ball & kick it out to the other wing where Anthony Don collects it, shrugs off a would be tackler & scores.....
It was also the point that confirmed our 6th Wooden Spoon... - GAME, SET, BINGO!!!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF@@@@@@@@@@@@@CCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Sorry, can you tell I'm angry???

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When we're chasing points with 5 to go and we throw on Jackson who just came off minutes before instead of a rested To'omaga who offers more offensively

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They have been doing that Tolman settler play for years now. They are obviously instructed to do that especially in the red zone. It's now extremely difficult to break that cycle.
Barrett has identified this issue and the only fix was to get rid of Tolman!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
* we bust the defensive & attacking the goal line & the ball goes to Tolman. Why does Jmk pass to him, why does Tolman call for the ball, why are the halves not demanding the ball.
* less than 5 minutes to go, deep in our half & need to make something happen. We take 5 harmless runs from dummy & kick. The team has not be train to attack ad lib.
* spreading the ball wide in attacking & many times there is Tolman, 1 or 2 passes of the ruck acting as a pivot. See Penrith attack with long passes straight to their halves on the move. Why has this structure been persisted with
* Meaney gets the ball from a kick down field, gets monstered & driven backwards. Forward momentum lost. In today's game where big wingers set the platform for the go forward, we stubbornly stick with players not in their right position
* again we finished higher in completed sets, but lose the game. Stats don't win games , footballers do. Look at East's, their completion rate is in the bottom 8, but they scored the most points. Too much focus on completing the stats.
* some many more moments that typify the season
I know we don't have the cattle to be in the Top 8, but at least we could have a structure & plan that makes the team more competitive..... my rant is over
I will say DWZ has been getting driven back alot more consistently than Meaney . But yeah good summary just needs abit more Lewis bashing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That moment for me was yesterday in the second half - This was everything our 2020 season was about-
Titans put up bomb & three of our outside backs all look at each other & call "YOURS" & let the friggin thing bounce, Titans collect the ball & kick it out to the other wing where Anthony Don collects it, shrugs off a would be tackler & scores.....
It was also the point that confirmed our 6th Wooden Spoon... - GAME, SET, BINGO!!!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF@@@@@@@@@@@@@CCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Sorry, can you tell I'm angry???
It just says Loser in every way possible about our team.

Oh

And all the other examples.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality of the straw that broke the camels back finally arrived no late season masking surge this time round to placate the fans total unavoidable reset required no escaping the fact we are a laughing stock

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reality of the straw that broke the camels back finally arrived no late season masking surge this time round to placate the fans total unavoidable reset required no escaping the fact we are a laughing stock
Those late season surges were the worst thing to happen to the club. Masked all the issues where we were sitting last in 2018
And 2019 for the majority of the year.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with tolman as first receiver is hes clunky and slow, when he's gonna pass the ball he literally stops and faces where he's gonna pass it's, he does not attempt to take on the line then pass and I don't think he'd have the ability to do so anyway.

The defense completely shifts one or two places in the direction tolman 8s facing in the time he receives and the passes the ball.

Guy is useless in attack.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apart from a couple of blow outs, we have been in a lot of the games, and we should of nabed a few wins.

Overall, i cannot fault the effort of the players, bar Remis Smith (there is something wrong upstairs with the kid)

We do lack intimidation and grunt up front, but the forwards have worked there backsides off all year.

We obviously lack class and speed in the backline, though our number 1 problem has been our halves. There were games where the halves should of closed the game out, and there were other games where they needed to step up when we were a few points behind and right in the game.

Barrett has a hell of a job getting us off the bottom of the table next year, and unless he can recruit a couple of halves as a bare minimum, he will be seeing the spoon as well.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because haven't got a organising half,we need a fullback,a 6 & 7 and a hooker number 1 priority

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with tolman as first receiver is hes clunky and slow
and he shouldnt even be in that position in the first place becuase he's a fucking forward. Only the Dogs are dumb enough to persist with this moronic attack where our forwards play as halves, and look our attack as a result.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defining moment was when we brought the madness before a ball got kicked and okunbor and haweiranara got sacked for dumbness

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s hope TBAZ gives us a much better 2021.!!

dogofwar75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Montoya lacing his boots........I literally see better players running around for Wenty Magpies every second week