News Model Annalise Braakensiek found dead in Potts Point apartment

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...t/news-story/33bffe4e89ba8037d88e374405dce276

Australian model Annalise Braakensiek was found dead in her Sydney apartment on Sunday afternoon.

Police and ambulance crews attended her Potts Point apartment about 3.30pm after friends and family became concerned about her whereabouts.

Close friends told news.com.au the jewellery creator, lingerie designer and health guru had not been heard from for a few days.

Police rescue and ambulance attended the apartment where they found Ms Braakensiek, 46, deceased. There were no suspicious circumstances, police said, and they will prepare a report for the coroner.

Ms Braakensiek often posted to her 39,000 Instagram followers and was very honest about her dark days. She admitted last year was “challenging”, particularly not having her own home.

The Australian model split from her stockbroker husband Danny Goldberg in April after 16 years together. At the time, in a deleted Instagram post, she wrote: “I don’t know if a broken heart mends or learns to live in pieces”.

She had bought the Potts Point apartment in November last year following the separation. When she bought the Victoria Rd property, she talked about plans to decorate in her signature style.

At the time she told the Sun-Herald she was focusing on her work and her pet cat Frankie and “moving forward with her life”.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember her most for playing supermodel Claudia McPherson on the original series of Fat Pizza and also in the movie. She was also on that show Dancing on Ice that was on channel 9 back in 2006. Such a beautiful person gone too soon :'(

R.I.P.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Some clear troubles with depression and a tough break-up with her husband.

This is another sad story and highlights how much more we need to do to keep the black dog at bay...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some clear troubles with depression and a tough break-up with her husband.

This is another sad story and highlights how much more we need to do to keep the black dog at bay...
Only getting worse with social media, people are obsessed being seen as having the perfect life , the perfect families,having the best things ect. trying to maintain that when you're real life is falling to shit will takes it toll

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only getting worse with social media, people are obsessed being seen as having the perfect life , the perfect families,having the best things ect. trying to maintain that when you're real life is falling to shit will takes it toll
I had a discussion with Mrs CD on a similar topic only last night.

On 7:30 (ABC) last night there was a story on Moises Henriques. Guy was a cricket prodigy. Captain of NSW at 22, played for Australia. Makes a mint playing in T20 leagues, probably has a nice house in the Eastern Suburbs. Hot wife (who seems quite nice), but he suffered from severe depression. My wife, who has never thankfully had depression asked me how someone who is living the dream could be so depressed. I think that the pressure one can put on oneself that the "should" be happy considering all they have, can often make things much worse, as the guilt adds to the depression. One can't simply wake up one morning and think: "yeah, today, i stop being depressed!". (Good on Moises for being so public about his battle too, as it hopefully will inspire others - thankfully he is on medication and getting professional help, and says he now loves his cricket).

The marriage break up would not have helped, but I would imagine she has been battling this for a long time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I had a discussion with Mrs CD on a similar topic only last night.

On 7:30 (ABC) last night there was a story on Moises Henriques. Guy was a cricket prodigy. Captain of NSW at 22, played for Australia. Makes a mint playing in T20 leagues, probably has a nice house in the Eastern Suburbs. Hot wife (who seems quite nice), but he suffered from severe depression. My wife, who has never thankfully had depression asked me how someone who is living the dream could be so depressed. I think that the pressure one can put on oneself that the "should" be happy considering all they have, can often make things much worse, as the guilt adds to the depression. One can't simply wake up one morning and think: "yeah, today, i stop being depressed!". (Good on Moises for being so public about his battle too, as it hopefully will inspire others - thankfully he is on medication and getting professional help, and says he now loves his cricket).

The marriage break up would not have helped, but I would imagine she has been battling this for a long time.
When you compare that to someone like Roger Federer, it kinds of makes you question how it's brought on. Roger has been the best tennis player in the world for the better part of 2 decades, has hundreds of millions of dollars, has a great life, and at 37 pushing 38 this year, he is still looking ever green and great. Definitely the male tennis GOAT. It's definitely something about what they expect vs what they have given their status.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
She was a major crush for me when I was a teenager. Such a pity.

I would hate to be a celebrity. Way too much pressure being in the spotlight with so many people critiquing every part of your life.

Wahesh

Reaction score
She was a major crush for me when I was a teenager. Such a pity.

I would hate to be a celebrity. Way too much pressure being in the spotlight with so many people critiquing every part of your life.
She was a glamour right until the end. If you look at her final couple of posts on Instagram, even at 46, she still looks like she did 20 years ago.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was freaked out this morning when i read this news.

Yesterday I was outside working on the car and out of nowhere thought about Annalise Braakensiek and where was she now. Promise this is true. Someone said something to me that she had told me about 15 years ago. Just yesterday.

This is about the same time she was found deceased.

She was amazing and saddened to hear.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is it with people dropping dead by fifty, I thought we were supposed to make seventy in the modern era of medicine?

Wahesh

Reaction score
What is it with people dropping dead by fifty, I thought we were supposed to make seventy in the modern era of medicine?
This was suicide. Poor girl was suffering from depression.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another somber reminder not to keep shit bottled up and even have a chat in the R U OK thread.

That fkn black dog may seem unbeatable, but he is controllable, especially with the right help and support. Unfortunately, I have been battling that fkn black dog going into my 7th year now and I'm not letting that **** win.

RIP

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
She was a glamour right until the end. If you look at her final couple of posts on Instagram, even at 46, she still looks like she did 20 years ago.
I've met her a handful of times, she was always down to earth and loved a joke.

Not to sound cliche... but her personality made her even hotter.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont let the black dog beat you down.

If things are getting on top, take time out, take that holiday. Dont ever make a bad situation worse, mitigate any damage not add to it.

People really do ramp up their problems as the worst thing in the world. Bring perspective to your circumstance, go visit the kids doing it tough at the childrens hospital, donate a few hours to help them out and then retreat back to your life which probably isnt too bad.

For a girl like annalise to take her life, its just terrible, surely her issue is not worth taking her own life.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont let the black dog beat you down.

If things are getting on top, take time out, take that holiday. Dont ever make a bad situation worse, mitigate any damage not add to it.

People really do ramp up their problems as the worst thing in the world. Bring perspective to your circumstance, go visit the kids doing it tough at the childrens hospital, donate a few hours to help them out and then retreat back to your life which probably isnt too bad.

For a girl like annalise to take her life, its just terrible, surely her issue is not worth taking her own life.
Nice words mate

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mate of mine early in 2018 reached out to me.. wanted to have breakfast and chat about stuff.

From the surface you would think what could be wrong with him, absolutely loaded with cash, prob worth $10-20m, a very comfortable future.

He didnt say he was going to take his life but his issues were destroying him. Even his dad called me and said to take care of him as hes really struggling and making very emotional dangerous erratic decisions.

His problems were not that bad from my view, but to him, it was an off the charts problem that consumed him all the time.

The strangest part was as close a mate that I was, i had no idea about his destructive problem and we spoke almost weekly and caught up about monthly. It had gone on for years and I had no idea.

Who knows what could have happened to him if he didnt reach out and say it as it is, I know he was going to take steps which likely to have led to serious harm to himself or other parties involved.

I gave him the hard word on a few things as did a mutual friend separately and he took it on the chin and took our advice. The answer seemed so obvious to me but I was removed from the situation, he knew the answer himself but being so involved couldnt seem to take the right steps out. He did listen in the end.

Today he is very very happy, confident he moved on and in the best spirits ive ever seen him. (Well it appears that way)

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Depression doesn't discriminate...

Sad that someone like her, still with a lot going for her, ending her life. I'm sure there would have been many a lovely guy out there happy to be with her, make her happy, and grow old together.

Lifes too short to spend it wondering about what ifs, and dwelling on shit. Something I've learned all too much myself.

Problems and dark times will occur in life, but fuck them off and move on with things, rather than letting them fester and eventually snap you.