Mobile Phone Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there anyway i can get rid of mine so i can ditch my iPhone5, i want a Samsung S4

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tell them your phone is fucked, youre sick of replacing it. if they dont help you out then just tell them you want to speak to their manager

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which service provider are you with? And how many month do you still have on your contract?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there anyway i can get rid of mine so i can ditch my iPhone5, i want a Samsung S4
I'm in the process as we speak and only just got off the phone with www.tio.com.au

Cut a long story short I'm with Optus 8 months left on my contract, I was a victim of fraudulently and identify theft whilst away overseas. Optus breached their privacy by releasing information about me to an unauthorized person. Based on this I'm looking to cancel my Optus account and have them release my number to be ported to another provider without any contract termination fees.

TIO - advised based on this I've got 90% chance they will comply, they're pretty good Government body so far very helpful

Will be keeping the Optus phone and moving to Testra plan to get the s4 as well although, the HTC one looks pretty good.

To answer your question though you can't without paying a termination fee OR you have or find a strong valid reason why.

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Not without a termination fee. Couple of mates have sold their iphone 5 and bought an s4, paid an extra $100-150 out of pocket though. Worth it if you really want the s4/don't like the iphone 5.

If you don't have long left on your contract (<6 months), you could try explain that you are planning on upgrading after the 6 months anyway and ask for an early upgrade.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Early upgrade is generally 3 months out bro without a fee.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got an s4 last week. Pretty awesome phone. Though like I predicted, I'm over it already. It's just a phone. I upgraded from s2 which was pretty similar anyway. I suspect if ur going from iPhone, you're gonna be obsessed with the s4,cos you know, iPhones suck massive amounts of balls

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Early upgrade is generally 3 months out bro without a fee.
I got an early upgrade a couple of years ago while I still had almost 5 months left on the contract. Just need to assert yourself lol

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got an early upgrade a couple of years ago while I still had almost 5 months left on the contract. Just need to assert yourself lol
Wish I was that lucky enough Voda and Optus are tight with their contracts.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have 16 months to go, or $1200.

the iPhone is faulty so ill tale it into a service centre and see what they can do

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have 16 months to go, or $1200.

the iPhone is faulty so ill tale it into a service centre and see what they can do
Fix it if its for free, Gumtree/eBay it and pay the difference (as suggested by simba) probably the best thing as the iPhone5's value is still okay.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am never signing a contract again. 24 months is way too long.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am never signing a contract again. 24 months is way too long.
Yeah man fricken rip hole.

You only get sucked in by the latest phone at the time, sign a contract... nekmit new phone comes out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2 years is hardly an eternity.

I see my phone as something I use to perform a function (Samsung Galaxy S2), but it still does the job, so why would I want the wank factor of a newer phone?

Although, at 35, having bought my first mobile at 21 when i finally needed one for work, I remember life without them.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fix it if its for free, Gumtree/eBay it and pay the difference (as suggested by simba) probably the best thing as the iPhone5's value is still okay.

I wonder what i'd get for it, ill have a look at that on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.