Mob Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this overnight, mainly because I use my real name on these forums. But that's because I'm prepared to stand by what I say.

Last night I caught the train home from the game. On the train were hundreds of peope wearing Bulldog supporters gear, myself included. The trip was a nightmare of poor behaviour which sickened and disgusted me as a fan representing my club.

The endless thumping and banging of the walls, windows and doors, the shouted chants - none of which were football related; the running, wrestling and leering and jeering of other passengers was apalling. I noted how passengers getting off at their stations constantly looked over their shoulders in a very frightened manner, fearing that they would be followed off the train. Many were abused as the train departed.

I'm slightly built and pushing 60 but, when they started the anti-Aussie chants I felt obliged to speak out and tell the group near me how offended I was by their behaviour. To their credit, they settled down. I reminded them that, as Bulldogs supporters, they are on show. They informed me that only one of them followed the Dogs, the others were just out for a bit of fun. A bit of fun.

At no stage did any of the mob on my carriage discuss the game or football at all. It was all just making mayhem with the deliberate intention of distressing ordinary folk - who will no doubt join the ranks of critics of Bulldog's fans.

I know people who act as tranport marshalls at Telstra Stadium. They tell me it's a great job, except when the Bulldogs have a home game. I used to tell them that they're reading too much rubbish in the papers. Not any more.

I'm ashamed. Sadly, I don't know what we can do about it.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a shame that a lot of people just go to games to 'pick up chicks', laugh, shout and carry on like hooligans and really have no interest in the game, but as you mntioned there isnt really a lot that can be done about it besides possibly putting more security on trains or wat have you.... but is this really what it has come to. It's such a terrible shame that we need extra security at our home grounds and extra security on transport to our home games. There's a minority out there that need to be identified, fined and banned from going to the footy again.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I caught the train home too, and I saw behaviour just as bad. There were mainly 14-16 yr olds and basically they were just banging walls and tryin to break all lights. They managed to pop all the lights on the top carriage on the way to lidcombe.

The funny thing is when they were on the bankstown line, a big guy came from the next carriage and gave them a big lecture. It was a good speech. They all shutted up so fast and you can tell they were scared

A

atomic_crimson

sadly its true... these guy are under 18, cant get into any clubs etc so where is the best place to go for them... a dogs game... apparently its cool to be seen at one! they do not have a clue about the game, proved to me on many occasions when they would be chanting for a player who wasnt even on the field! they are not dogs fans they are bored idiots who think its coll what they do... its not its disgusting but what can we do? the club is trying all different things and nothing seems to be working greatly

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Game_Breaker said:
The funny thing is when they were on the bankstown line, a big guy came from the next carriage and gave them a big lecture. It was a good speech. They all shutted up so fast and you can tell they were scared
thats good to hear...otherwise the idiots would have continued...

although the behaviour of the fans outside the field isnt something the club or nrl is responsible for...when i leave the games im usually on the bus provided by the club and everything there is fine...

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
It's sad...But short of having a greater police presence on these trains leaving Oly Park - as IF the cops don;t hav enough to do, as it is - I honestly do not know how it can be stopped.

I see this kind of behavious all the time...ALWAYS from the same Bulldogs fan demographic, of about the same age.

It's a cultural/social problem - NOT a football one....and that's what makes it so damn hard to stop.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris Harding said:
I've been thinking about this overnight, mainly because I use my real name on these forums. But that's because I'm prepared to stand by what I say.

Last night I caught the train home from the game. On the train were hundreds of peope wearing Bulldog supporters gear, myself included. The trip was a nightmare of poor behaviour which sickened and disgusted me as a fan representing my club.

The endless thumping and banging of the walls, windows and doors, the shouted chants - none of which were football related; the running, wrestling and leering and jeering of other passengers was apalling. I noted how passengers getting off at their stations constantly looked over their shoulders in a very frightened manner, fearing that they would be followed off the train. Many were abused as the train departed.

I'm slightly built and pushing 60 but, when they started the anti-Aussie chants I felt obliged to speak out and tell the group near me how offended I was by their behaviour. To their credit, they settled down. I reminded them that, as Bulldogs supporters, they are on show. They informed me that only one of them followed the Dogs, the others were just out for a bit of fun. A bit of fun.

At no stage did any of the mob on my carriage discuss the game or football at all. It was all just making mayhem with the deliberate intention of distressing ordinary folk - who will no doubt join the ranks of critics of Bulldog's fans.

I know people who act as tranport marshalls at Telstra Stadium. They tell me it's a great job, except when the Bulldogs have a home game. I used to tell them that they're reading too much rubbish in the papers. Not any more.

The solution to the problem has nothing to do with the NRL, NRL CLubs or the Police. It can be best resolved by the parents teaching these immature idiots some behavioural lessons. i.e. Respect, Decency and Social Behaviour would be high on that list. Majority are try-hard teens that think they're cool in large packs oblivious to the fact that they look like absolute morons in everyone else's eyes.

Rugby League games are for Rugby League fans and those who are interested in the game.

C

Cookie^Monstah

^^^ exactly.
bare in mind not everyone has the perfect home environment either.

theres nothing wrong with treating the footy as a social event imo but at least have a decent standard of behaviour.

A

atomic_crimson

PantherPower83 said:
The solution to the problem has nothing to do with the NRL, NRL CLubs or the Police. It can be best resolved by the parents teaching these immature idiots some behavioural lessons. i.e. Respect, Decency and Social Behaviour would be high on that list. Majority are try-hard teens that think they're cool in large packs oblivious to the fact that they look like absolute morons in everyone else's eyes.

Rugby League games are for Rugby League fans and those who are interested in the game.

thats true but the moment something happens at a dogs game people hardly state or even think this.... they start crapping on about it being the dogs fault and how the club is full of thugs

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PantherPower83 said:

Parents teaching their kids respect should start at a young age, and that is the soloution for future generations. But these kids are already fuc.ked, so its a waste of time.

The best soloution for now is for the rest of bulldogs fans to act as vigilantes, just like the guy who gave em a lecture on the train

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a waste of money going to a game, not knowing anything about it, or who's playing etc

HOOLIGANS

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
thats true but the moment something happens at a dogs game people hardly state or even think this.... they start crapping on about it being the dogs fault and how the club is full of thugs
No football club can have any control of who their supporters are.

The problem is attitude-based of these small groups more than anything.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why must idiots take advantage of going to Bulldogs games :(

they are lucky, they might not think so, but i do!!

im currently planing to ask my mother to take me to a game in aucks or welly next year for my 16th birthday:grinning: im scared she'll say no tho..so im putting off asking :o

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chris Harding said:

You Deserve some credit for telling them to Shutup though mate, i agree it's all BS the way they act, but until the pack the Trains with Guards it will always continue!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i know which sort of kids you are talking about chris harding...

They are all from Liverpool and after seeing them alighting liverpool station... they began to harrass other ppl on the station... i dont know these kids but whenever i go to Liverpool on thursday nites... they are there in big numbers already causing ****...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
you get stuff alot on the train, now we just drive down to olympic park, and leave in the comfort of our own vehicle

the trains disgraceful at times

PeteDogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
PantherPower83 said:

Well said , champ

PeteDogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Game_Breaker said:
I caught the train home too, and I saw behaviour just as bad. There were mainly 14-16 yr olds and basically they were just banging walls and tryin to break all lights. They managed to pop all the lights on the top carriage on the way to lidcombe.

lol ! they must of only out numbered him 20 to 1 haha

H

Hazmak

GaZoOka said:
Its a shame that a lot of people just go to games to 'pick up chicks', laugh, shout and carry on like hooligans and really have no interest in the game, but as you mntioned there isnt really a lot that can be done about it besides possibly putting more security on trains or wat have you.... but is this really what it has come to. It's such a terrible shame that we need extra security at our home grounds and extra security on transport to our home games. There's a minority out there that need to be identified, fined and banned from going to the footy again.
I'm sorry, but I have to put partial blame on the (some not all) girls here...

The only sad thing about all of this, is that these "fully sick habibs" are ACTUALLY PICKING UP GIRLS at games.

Its the girls that get picked up that we should blame for encouraging these **** heads.

What makes em so appealing anyways? There all bludgers, who have achieved nothing in life.

As long as the girls keep givin em time of day, they will still come in droves to pick them up.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate reading about stories like this. These are the guys that give the rest of us a bad image/reputation. Its disgraceful Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.