Mitchell Pearce spits the dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh we did take advantage of cheating in 2002 for our 2004 win. Just because it's all above board doesn't mean you haven't got an unfair advantage still.

Just like Melbourne took advantage of there cheating in 2012, so did we in 2004.
But the point is they were our juniors and we signed them on for more than what they wanted. We only "cheated" because the people who ran our club were idiots. There was no real reason to go over the cap like ewhat we did

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tbh we did take advantage of cheating in 2002 for our 2004 win. Just because it's all above board doesn't mean you haven't got an unfair advantage still.

Just like Melbourne took advantage of there cheating in 2012, so did we in 2004.
The word was cheating though....If it's permissible under the rule book at the time, it isn't cheating.

We cheated in the early 2000s but not in 2004.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But the point is they were our juniors and we signed them on for more than what they wanted. We only "cheated" because the people who ran our club were idiots. There was no real reason to go over the cap like ewhat we did
I think regardless of the reasons, cheating is cheating and we shouldn't really make excuses for that... but there was nothing at all wrong with using the existing rules to keep the squad together for 2004. Was it an unfair advantage? Maybe... but the game and league are full of unfair advantages haha. Why single us out? We'd hardly be the first team to shrewdly capitalise on an existing loophole.

I also take your basic point that we cheated once due to a few idiots at our club making bad decisions... the roosters make cheating their ongoing MO and the man making all the morally questionable calls is still st the club ... huge difference!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think regardless of the reasons, cheating is cheating and we shouldn't really make excuses for that... but there was nothing at all wrong with using the existing rules to keep the squad together for 2004. Was it an unfair advantage? Maybe... but the game and league are full of unfair advantages haha. Why single us out? We'd hardly be the first team to shrewdly capitalise on an existing loophole.

I also take your basic point that we cheated once due to a few idiots at our club making bad decisions... the roosters make cheating their ongoing MO and the man making all the morally questionable calls is still st the club ... huge difference!
We broke the rules fair enough and copped punishment for it.

But other clubs calling us cheats for using a majority of our own juniors is the real sticking point for me.

Especially considering the leeway three clubs (Brisbane, Melbourne and roosters) get when it comes to salary cap issues, It's bullshit

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We broke the rules fair enough and copped punishment for it.

But other clubs calling us cheats for using a majority of our own juniors is the real sticking point for me.

Especially considering the leeway three clubs (Brisbane, Melbourne and roosters) get when it comes to salary cap issues, It's bullshit

Yeah I know what you mean. I think cultivating players and bringing them up through the ranks is great and obviously much more honourable than just trying to buy premierships like the roosters do.

Yes, we did our time and some opposition fans are foolish for still going on about it (when their clubs are often involved in the same sort of shit). There are only three certainties in life- death, taxes and interactions with idiots, I guess.

We cheated and we did our time, but we have never been a club that tries to buy premierships. People just love to hate us dude!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you want to compare the bulldogs squad to the rorters squad in that period from 2002-2004????

90% of our players WERE ALL JUNIORS!!!!! We were the idiots who paid them overs, it wasn't the players demanding more money. Hence to retain our team was quite easy but we went through the stupid path and making sure their heads wouldn't be turned.

Meanwhile the rorters back then are the same case as today, the Salary sombrero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your club does a whole lot of shit off the books, but because its nicks offshore accounts, the NRL counts it as third party.

So don't point this bullshit finger at the dogs, your club were cheats back then and cheats today as well. The NRL gifted you 2002.
There’s no need for hysteria. What’s done is done. That was 15 years ago. Look forward to 2018.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching Nrl360 and they are talking about if Pearce is leaving that the Sharks are very interested. They also reckon if Peace does leave it gives the Roosters $800,000 for them to buy a forward for this season....the fuck that work out?

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Maybe he’s just spitting the dummy so uncle Nickoplois him some Greek bum love and another paper bag.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was Pearce I'd stay put, and tell the board to work out their own salary cap problems.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Robinson has told Pearce he's in the halves next year. Keary to be shifted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.