Rumour Mitchell Moses

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m disagreeing he is as bad as some are making out.
you put him in our team and we are a much better team.
There’s players in every team that if you put them in our team they make it better… that’s not a big wrap.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We might be better but we don't go any closer to breaking a premiership drought with the Myth of pressure moments.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats because we are starting at a very low base with Flanagan .Put anybody else other than Flanagan in our team and we will look better.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one is saying he's a bad player.
The point is, he goes flaccid when the money shot's on.
so please tell me how many years it took Thurston to not only get cowboys to the gf but win one?
Was he not an elite player until he won the competition?

I think most just hate his arrogance and the fact he plays for the eels. All I’m saying is if he played for us he gives us a much better chance playing in top 4

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so please tell me how many years it took Thurston to not only get cowboys to the gf but win one?

I think most just hate his arrogance and the fact he plays for the eels. All I’m saying is if he played for us he gives us a much better chance playing in top 4
Fair point....but your forgetting JT won a premiership in 04 albeit from the bench.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should have signed Katoa.
He will be the next big thing.
Bennett so smart getting him.
He is the main dominant half already.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He had 2 runs for 4 metres, 17 tackles with 5 misses and only 200 kick metres.
That’s far from dominant mate.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Katoa really hasn’t impressed me that much so far. Still a better ball player than the centre
Agree, he’s also got a good experienced forward pack to work with adding referees are being particularly “kind” to the dolphins to ensure there safe passage.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you watch both Katoa and Oloapu play, they almost look identical in how they behave and move, but Oloapu looks far more skillful and looks to have a great deal more potential. He’s just crisp and smart. The second he hits first grade there will be no looking back….

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All I’m saying is if he played for us he gives us a much better chance playing in top 4
A better chance? Maybe.
Not sure if just dropping Moses into any of our recent teams (under the prevailing coaches and culture) would have instantly catapulted us to the top 4, but let's say you're right.

My point (& others presumably) is Top 2-4 is his ceiling.
Why? Because right when it's his time to shout a round (on that massively inflated paycheck), he ducks off to the bathroom and can't be found.
10 mins later he's back, drinking the beer someone else bought him and telling you how much money he's paid.

This is why he's better suited to stay at the Eels, or take the lottery prize with the Tigers. Just making the 8, the 4, or even the GF is a successful year in those places.

But, people were talking him up for the Bulldogs. We demand premierships. And sure, you might say you have to make the 8, the 4, or the GF first but it's not that:

You have to aim to win "The Whole F*(k-ing Thing!"

Aiming for second won't cut it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fair point....but your forgetting JT won a premiership in 04 albeit from the bench.
A good 7 is a must but fun fact last 10 years of GF only 3 Clive Churchill winners have been halfbacks. Cronk in 12 against us, JT in 15 and Cleary in 21.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A better chance? Maybe.
Not sure if just dropping Moses into any of our recent teams (under the prevailing coaches and culture) would have instantly catapulted us to the top 4, but let's say you're right.

Why? Because right when it's his time to shout a round (on that massively inflated paycheck), he ducks off to the bathroom and can't be found.
10 mins later he's back, drinking the beer someone else bought him and telling you how much money he's paid.

This is why he's better suited to stay at the Eels, or take the lottery prize with the Tigers. Just making the 8, the 4, or even the GF is a successful year in those places.

But, people were talking him up for the Bulldogs. We demand premierships. And sure, you might say you have to make the 8, the 4, or the GF first but it's not that:

100 percent. We are trying to break this premiership drought. It will be a process, rushing in and signing a million dollar player who crumbles under pressure would only extend our drought even further.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A better chance? Maybe.

have a read and look what I posted about Thurston.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep. Thurston was exactly like Moses except more talented, a winner at Origin & Test level, had already won a comp at the Dogs (2004), and had a finals winning percentage (the big stage) of 55% versus 33%.
Apart from that, they're almost identical.

Who knows, given a $1.2-$1.4mil incentive, maybe Moses can turn it all around over the course of his next contract.
"Your shout Mitch!"