Rumour Mitchell Moses

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses is still a top Tier 7 and you can’t deny it. And I wouldn’t mind at all if he wore the 7 for the blue and white. Go hate at my comment. But that’s what haters do don’t they lol :grinning:
You don't pay 1.2 million for borderline top 7, that's the issue. If you would tell me you know what he'll sign for lets say 750k at most then I'd be interested maybe. I still don't rate him but at the price I'd get it. Not 500k more than that though jeez. At 1.2 million I'd want the bloke to be Cleary!

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time to move Moses threads out of Bulldogs Discussion. More than enough time has been wasted on it.

He isn't coming here. The best information was always that he was never coming here. But people don't pay attention.

Now that it's clear Karl Oloapu has been earmarked as the future, we aren't paying a fortune for some drama queen. We especially aren't signing up another half for 4 or 5 years.

We may need someone for another year, possibly two, as an interim measure, or as insurance. That's it. The money saved can be put towards some of our other deficiencies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to move Moses threads out of Bulldogs Discussion. More than enough time has been wasted on it.

He isn't coming here. The best information was always that he was never coming here. But people don't pay attention.

Now that it's clear Karl Oloapu has been earmarked as the future, we aren't paying a fortune for some drama queen. We especially aren't signing up another half for 4 or 5 years.

We may need someone for another year, possibly two, as an interim measure, or as insurance. That's it. The money saved can be put towards some of our other deficiencies.
Well said.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Successful Bulldogs teams of the past have had a capable spine with a strong forward pack - perhaps these days benchmark is the opposite, strong spine with a capable forward pack…

In saying that, CC and Gus are brewing something special, our young blokes are obliterating NSW Cup opponents, reminds me of the wave of talent we had in early 2000’s coming through (Mason, Asotasi, SBW, Reni, Shifty, Utai etc).

Adding First grade are winning games, back to back, these are all “mini-wins” in the process.
Out of the 30 or so games played so far across all grades, we’ve lost less than 10 probably. To have all teams performing must create a great deal of optimism around the club. It’s a massive improvement already since last year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Out of the 30 or so games played so far across all grades, we’ve lost less than 10 probably. To have all teams performing must create a great deal of optimism around the club. It’s a massive improvement already since last year.
Definitely, and Gus’ plan is working, your point evidences this. Long term success can only be possible via developing juniors, setting high standards and adding a sprinkling of proven NRL talent.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't pay 1.2 million for borderline top 7, that's the issue. If you would tell me you know what he'll sign for lets say 750k at most then I'd be interested maybe. I still don't rate him but at the price I'd get it. Not 500k more than that though jeez. At 1.2 million I'd want the bloke to be Cleary!
Yes Agee !! for the money you would be silly not to take Cleary if that was actually an option!! Be silly not to. But without talking price, I was just stating what I did.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Keary makes the most sense

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Signed with eels until 2028. Lots of cash tied up in their halves, they will probably shed some players now

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parramatta playmaker Mitchell Moses ended months of speculation over his future only hours before the grand final rematch on Thursday night, agreeing to a lucrative contract extension that will likely see him finish his career in the blue and gold.
Moses never wanted to leave the Eels but confirmation of his stay took longer than many expected as he and his agent Isaac Moses mulled over a rival bid from the Wests Tigers.

The final deal included an upgrade in 2024 and an extension for the four years after that. All told, Moses is expected to earn in the vicinity of $6 million, although it is believed he left as much as $1 million on the table by turning down the Tigers, the club where he made his first grade debut nearly a decade ago.

Mitchell Moses is set to finish his career at the Parramatta Eels, after signing a lucrative contract extension. Picture: NRL Photos.

Mitchell Moses is set to finish his career at the Parramatta Eels, after signing a lucrative contract extension. Picture: NRL Photos.
News Corp understands that Moses’ camp reached an agreement with the Eels late on Thursday, whereupon they informed the Tigers that he would be remaining at Parramatta.

His decision to remain at the Eels until at least the end of 2028 is a huge boost for a Parramatta side that lost its opening three games to begin the season.

The Eels were always favourites to keep their key playmaker, but his decision to stay will be a relief nonetheless given the Tigers had thrown the kitchen sink at Moses in an attempt to convince him to work under Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah.

They were always facing an uphill battle to lure Moses back to the club but they did their level best. Sources close to the talks insist that his decision should not be seen as a reflection on the Tigers, who have made it known that they would chase the best players in the game as they looked to build a side capable of challenging for the premiership.

Rather, it is a sign of how tied he is to Parramatta, having joined the club midway through the 2017 season and become one of the best playmakers in the NRL.

Moses turned down millions by choosing Parramatta over the Wests Tigers. Picture: Jonathan Ng

Moses turned down millions by choosing Parramatta over the Wests Tigers. Picture: Jonathan Ng
No player had more try assists last season than Moses, who led the Eels to the grand final only for the club to fall at the last hurdle to Penrith. That premiership run only strengthened his bond with his teammates and the club, and Moses made it clear from the start that he was emotionally tied to the Eels.

That connection was eventually too hard to sever. His decision to stay means that Parramatta have now locked in their halves on long-term deals – five-eighth Dylan Brown signed a long-term contract with Parramatta over the off-season.

The Tigers, meanwhile, will turn their attention to other targets as they look to provide Sheens and Marshall with the artillery to challenge for a title.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Parramatta playmaker Mitchell Moses ended months of speculation over his future only hours before the grand final rematch on Thursday night, agreeing to a lucrative contract extension that will likely see him finish his career in the blue and gold.
Phew, it’s over.
Love the ‘while they mulled over a Tigers offer’ bit.
Translation: while they extorted more from the Eels.
I think they’ve overpaid. And that makes me happy :-).

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see 360 this week as I'm on holidays, interested to know what drunkfield said about us, care to let us know please..
It's amazing we've hardly rated a mention. They have mainly been ripping into the tigers again all week. Drunkfield also seems to have had much less airtime which makes a lot of sense as to why.