Rumour Mitchell Moses

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters 100% trying move Keary on
I’ve been told this from a roosters insider few weeks back
So the Moses to roosters thing is definitely on the cards
Surely we have an interest if they were to pay a large portion of his remaining contract

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said in one of the 20 other Moses threads.. I'd actually love to see this happen. It'd give me more reason to hate the Roosters if that was possible and they still wouldn't win a comp.. So it's win/win..

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Brandon Smiths manager gaslighting NRL fans saying he turned down under the table cash from another club whilst simultaneously signing for under market value for the under the table cash kings set this WWE script up perfectly Lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Concord, Bondi, whatever.
As long as his GPS doesn’t land at Belmore.
Yes we need a better 7 and yes he’s a better 7 than what we have but I just don’t see how he’s the answer for us: ego, price tag and can’t seem to ice key games. I think we can do better by a few measurements, even if if takes us a bit longer to get there.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Concord, Bondi, whatever.
As long as his GPS doesn’t land at Belmore.
Yes we need a better 7 and yes he’s a better 7 than what we have but I just don’t see how he’s the answer for us: ego, price tag and can’t seem to ice key games. I think we can do better by a few measurements, even if if takes us a bit longer to get there.
Why is it his job alone to ice games? He’s a good player

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why is it his job alone to ice games? He’s a good player
You’re asking why it’s a 7’s job?
Such a crucial position.
Look at all Premiership winners in the last 5 years and what do they have in common: Cleary, Hughes, Cronk. Those guys could/can be the difference between a win and a loss - and so is Moses, it’s just usually a loss when the pressure is on. Yes it’s not just one position that wins it but if you can’t do it with a spine that includes Gutho and Mahoney as happened in the ‘22 GF, you’re not worth top dollar and doubly so if you have a healthy dose of attitude just like your uncle.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re asking why it’s a 7’s job?
Such a crucial position.
Look at all Premiership winners in the last 5 years and what do they have in common: Cleary, Hughes, Cronk. Those guys could/can be the difference between a win and a loss - and so is Moses, it’s just usually a loss when the pressure is on. Yes it’s not just one position that wins it but if you can’t do it with a spine that includes Gutho and Mahoney as happened in the ‘22 GF, you’re not worth top dollar and doubly so if you have a healthy dose of attitude just like your uncle.
But don’t you think the Moses magic is seen in the lead up to these ice moments and he’s won games before it gets to that point?
I understand he hasn’t had any Hollywood moments where he has stepped three ***** to score or put a field goal in e tra time but is this really the benchmark or is this Americanism !?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha he will go there for 700k to play under Robinson hahaha fuck the Roosters send the **** there and let his ego clash with Cheese and watch Walker be the scared little boy stuck in the middle.
Exactly everyone goes to the Rooster’s on substantially less just to play under Robinson. This will happen and it will backfire. Just like the Cheese I think will backfire on them long term.

The only benefit would be he would go there as a 6. I think he is probably a better 6 than a 7.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But don’t you think the Moses magic is seen in the lead up to these ice moments and he’s won games before it gets to that point?
I understand he hasn’t had any Hollywood moments where he has stepped three ***** to score or put a field goal in e tra time but is this really the benchmark or is this Americanism !?
Sure, with a quality spine he’s just a component.
Again I refer to the premiership winners:

2018/19: Teddy / Keary / Cronk / Friend
2020: Paps / Munster / Hughes / Smith
2021/22: Edwards / Luai / Cleary / Api

We don’t have that sort of quality. We probably do now at 9 but not 7 or 1 and 6 still developing too.

So the argument might be that you assemble that spine by adding quality, I get that, but I wouldn’t put Moses ahead of Cronk or Cleary and maybe not even Hughes. He’s a bit of a showpony for mine and I’d also ask that apart from being a Dogs junior what else drove Reed back to Belmore? Money? He likely could’ve gotten as much by staying at the slimy Eels so what else was there to the story?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses is still a top Tier 7 and you can’t deny it. And I wouldn’t mind at all if he wore the 7 for the blue and white. Go hate at my comment. But that’s what haters do don’t they lol :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Successful Bulldogs teams of the past have had a capable spine with a strong forward pack - perhaps these days benchmark is the opposite, strong spine with a capable forward pack…

In saying that, CC and Gus are brewing something special, our young blokes are obliterating NSW Cup opponents, reminds me of the wave of talent we had in early 2000’s coming through (Mason, Asotasi, SBW, Reni, Shifty, Utai etc).

Adding First grade are winning games, back to back, these are all “mini-wins” in the process.