Mitchell Moses

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can’t think of a player I’ve seen that I’d rather have the ball with to win you a game.

Not saying smith cronk slater Inglis aren’t amazing players. Though their legacy will always be viewed differently for me.

Thurston had some amazing players around especially prime Bowen, Scott, taumalolo etc.

Though storm always had an amazing pack from the old days with guys from Crocker jez smith Blair lima Hoffman etc through the Bromwich boys kafusi etc.

A spine that was slater smith cronk is hard to think of anything like that in recent footy and realistically never would of happened without cheating.

Even cronk with teddy and co is missing c smith
i love JT, just cant get him at the immortal status.
Smith changed the game for a hooker, thats what made him special. plus his longevity also, captain of state and country.
Id put JT in the same category as Fittler, Daley, Kenny, Lamb, the elite of elite 6's

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cronk clear + ratio
Absolute bollocks.. Cronk is easily the most overrated 7 of the last 20 years. He was carried by Smith and Slater in Melbourne and then walked into a premiership primed Rorters side at the perfect moment.

Don’t even start with the Queensland side… Carried his whole career..and I AM a Queenslander. Cronk is not better than Sterling or Mortimer and maybe just in the Ricky Stuart Class.

Couldn’t tie JT’s bootlaces as a footballer.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Absolute bollocks.. Cronk is easily the most overrated 7 of the last 20 years. He was carried by Smith, Thurston and Slater in Melbourne and then walked into a premiership primed Rorters side at the perfect moment.

Don’t even start with the Queensland side… Carried his whole career..and I AM a Queenslander. Cronk is not better than Sterling or Mortimer and maybe just in the Ricky Stuart Class.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Smith changed the game for a hooker, thats what made him special. plus his longevity also, captain of state and country.
Id put JT in the same category as Fittler, Daley, Kenny, Lamb, the elite of elite 6's
But Okunbor ran straight through Smith twice. It’s only right he is made immortal before him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute bollocks.. Cronk is easily the most overrated 7 of the last 20 years. He was carried by Smith, Thurston and Slater in Melbourne and then walked into a premiership primed Rorters side at the perfect moment.

When did Thurston carry Cronk at Melbourne?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Again I respect his d wasn’t elite but he’s easily the bloke I want the ball in the hands of to win the game.

When we talk these guys Thurston was the man. He had some great players in his career but to me none of them ever got close to a slater, smith, Inglis or even cronk for Thurston. Bowen had some great times but to me he’s no slater. Hell Inglis was better as a fullback for me too.

Anyway Thurston for me over cronk by a country Fucking mile. I’d also pick him
Ahead of smith in their primes to win a game.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

You just killed that little bitch.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When did Thurston carry Cronk at Melbourne?
Sorry whisky anger, meant with Queensland and Australia. Insert Munster, or any number of other Melbourne stars over the years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

You're a Queenslander therefore everything you said is wrong. I hope I've cleared that up for you 8-)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're a Queenslander therefore everything you said is wrong. I hope I've cleared that up for you 8-)
I might still be stuck in some weird 1950 Queensland only vortex…But you should stick to soccer.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe T-Lamb isn't even mentioned as an immortal. He deserves it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I might still be stuck in some weird 1950 Queensland only vortex…But you should stick to soccer.
Bro Cronk is better and I don't even know why this is controversial. JT was individually brilliant but Cronks control and consistency puts him above JT. Remember the 2014 SOO serious? Cronk snaps his arm and QLD aren't the same without him. JT had the opportunity to stand up and he didn't deliver. Game three and Cronk returns half busted and you guys pump us.

Prime Cronk makes our 2023 side more successful than a prime JT. You don't disagree...yes?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Absolute bollocks.. Cronk is easily the most overrated 7 of the last 20 years. He was carried by Smith and Slater in Melbourne and then walked into a premiership primed Rorters side at the perfect moment.

I dunno, Cronk was the ultimate professional and made everyone around him play better as he was so meticulous that everyone knew their role. That's the mark of a champion in my book.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to interrupt the typical 50 irrelevant Flanagun comments and this awesome whose the best player debate that’s crept into this feed .. …… but what’s the latest on Moses, anyone have any solid info ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So many Bulldogs fans twerking for an overrated, easily hateable and soon to be overpaid Eels player who probably won't sign with us anyway.

Think about most of the signings since Gus took over and how there were almost no rumours about those players til they signed. Makes it even more unlikely we sign Moses considering how many rumours there are about him. Again, it's probably more his manager leaking rumours to drive up his price than anything else. My money is on him staying with Parra. Which I'd have no complaints about...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So many Bulldogs fans twerking for an overrated, easily hateable and soon to be overpaid Eels player who probably won't sign with us anyway.

Think about most of the signings since Gus took over and how there were almost no rumours about those players til they signed. Makes it even more unlikely we sign Moses considering how many rumours there are about him. Again, it's probably more his manager leaking rumours to drive up his price than anything else. My money is on him staying with Parra. Which I'd have no complaints about...
Disagree personally. Also mahoney was everywhere about us. Tpj was all over between us and tigers.

Only really kikau was hush hush.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree personally. Also mahoney was everywhere about us. Tpj was all over between us and tigers.

Only really kikau was hush hush.
Mahoney and Kikau were better than rumoured. They were pictured with Bulldogs staff! Mahoney having a succulent Chinese meal (which started the rumours didn’t it?) and Kikau in our gear lol.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't want the whinger here. I would rather invest in Rhajab.