Mitchell Moses

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand people's obsession with Moses. He's a good regular season halfback against non top 4 teams. He has a tonne of skill, but he's a flat track bully.

Every finals series he goes missing, makes bad decisions and is targeted in defence. For a soon to be million dollar half, you want someone who will show up in the big games.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand people's obsession with Moses. He's a good regular season halfback against non top 4 teams. He has a tonne of skill, but he's a flat track bully.

Every finals series he goes missing, makes bad decisions and is targeted in defence. For a soon to be million dollar half, you want someone who will show up in the big games.
He is one of the few halves who engages the line so well, and isn't scared to get hit by defenders unlike Flanno who throws the ball when the defenders get 3m within his space. Moses has a great kicking game, can play both sides of the field and is quick. Moses is still only 28, has a ton of experience and this is his so called"prime" and would be great for 4 seasons playing alongside Burton.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

not a lot of quality experienced halves available though apart from ben hunt

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How has Parra gone in the semis with him as halfback? 2 from 9. Good player. But can’t make the next step up. Goes missing in the big games. Typical flat track bully.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think he's progressively improving with experience in the bigger games. Either way this doesn't concern me too much as I believe Burton is a big game player and the two working together should be a strong combination in our big games.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How has Parra gone in the semis with him as halfback? 2 from 9. Good player. But can’t make the next step up. Goes missing in the big games. Typical flat track bully.
He's had a hyped up kid in Dylan Brown playing 5/8 ... brown is absolute shit and borderline Flanagan level if we want to be honest.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's had a hyped up kid in Dylan Brown playing 5/8 ... brown is absolute shit and borderline Flanagan level if we want to be honest.
Dylan brown can at least take the line on and isn’t afraid of a hit

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is one of the few halves who engages the line so well, and isn't scared to get hit by defenders unlike Flanno who throws the ball when the defenders get 3m within his space. Moses has a great kicking game, can play both sides of the field and is quick. Moses is still only 28, has a ton of experience and this is his so called"prime" and would be great for 4 seasons playing alongside Burton.
You can't win a comp with him though. You can't even get to a GF. Yes he's talented and has more skill than pretty much every other half. But he's 28 and still hasn't figured it out when it comes to winning against the best teams or handling pressure in finals footy.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't win a comp with him though. You can't even get to a GF. Yes he's talented and has more skill than pretty much every other half. But he's 28 and still hasn't figured it out when it comes to winning against the best teams or handling pressure in finals footy.
To be fair. We haven't even made finals footy in how long?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair. We haven't even made finals footy in how long?
Like I said, he's a good enough player to get you to the finals and to smash lesser teams in the regular season. I'm not saying he's horrible or useless. I'm saying I don't want to pay $1 million a year for a guy who goes missing in finals games.

Sure we all want to make the finals after 6 years.. But we also want to win when we get there don't we?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He also has speed to burn.