Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% wendog. Heaven forbid if Fox did have a neck injury...what positive spin would Latrell's coach put on it then. Moving JAC as he did could have been catastrophic. You are taught this when you do first aid.

First aid when the injured person is unconscious

The person should not be moved unless they are in immediate danger. Any unnecessary movement may cause greater complications to the head injury itself, the spine or other associated injuries. A good rule is that if the head is injured, the neck may be injured too.
Common sense DL. Some just don't have it.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jac gets knocked out
Preston limps away from a hip drop

But Morrin is the the one getting a suspension for Murray landing on his shoulder... in which Murray contributed to his own up-ending

Nup no bias here
I hope you defended the (I think Manly) player who I believe got sent off for dumping Murray. At the time, I did.
I can't blame Murray, because it's a great skill.. but he swivels in tackles a lot looking for an offload.. And it makes dumping tackles look much much worse.
The point isn't that a player shouldn't be penalised for it. But the absurdity of a sin bin, let alone a send off for an obvious accident... They can gaslight all they want. The point of harsh punishment is a deterrent, and now most of the sin bin and send off "double whammy" offences are ultimately arbitrary, because no one is being careless or reckless.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I hope you defended the (I think Manly) player who I believe got sent off for dumping Murray. At the time, I did.
I can't blame Murray, because it's a great skill.. but he swivels in tackles a lot looking for an offload.. And it makes dumping tackles look much much worse.
The point isn't that a player shouldn't be penalised for it. But the absurdity of a sin bin, let alone a send off for an obvious accident... They can gaslight all they want. The point of harsh punishment is a deterrent, and now most of the sin bin and send off "double whammy" offences are ultimately arbitrary, because no one is being careless or reckless.
Didnt see the Manlily incident.

Just over the absurdity of rulings where a potentially dangerous tackle where no harm was done is a sin bin and lucky not to be sent off versus actual obvious careless/reckless incidents whereby someone is knocked out and the offending team gains an advantage. Fucking ludicrous

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The NRL has pushed itself into unchartered territory attempting to make a high speed and high contact sport, a safe one.

While I agree with many firm decisions around head contact. Any head contact caused at speed by a falling attacking player is accidental and unavoidable. To even suggest these guys running at speed trying to save a try can somehow save a try and be super safe is naive and out of touch with reality.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you’re talking about the game at Gosford, the Manly player was Karl Lawton. As I recall he got 4 weeks.