Rumour Mitch Kenny

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hodgson for 2 years may be our best option, although at 31 yo. he will probably want 3 yrs. He ticks a lot of boxes - leadership, creativity toughness and would be a good mentor for our younger 9’s like Gray. If Gray doesn’t progress (I think he will), it gives us a tier 1 hooker until we can recruit a successor.
There is an injury risk but I don’t think age should be a deciding factor because he would bring so much to our club.
I get Farah vibes from Hodgson, tries to be the hero far too often instead of just hitting his halves.

Malla

Reaction score
I get Farah vibes from Hodgson, tries to be the hero far too often instead of just hitting his halves.
Depending on where we go with a half to partner Burton, this may not be a bad thing having a hooker that could run the show. Similar to Ennis I guess. There would need to be more buy in from Hodgson tho to follow a game plan then getting free rein to do what he wants like Ricky gave him.

Also, I would not mind Kenny. I assume he would be on the cheap, not sure what JMK is getting paid but I really hope we do not give him another contract his time is up.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost 28 nil to panthers in r2. They probably wouldve beaten us by another couple of tries if not for kenny.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be pushing hard for Hodgson.
Cheese will go north with bellamy to new franchise
I agree and more will follow. 3 years time we'll be seeing the Storm rock bottom like us and the Bronco's are now when they go through changes in player and coaching personnel. I say three years because most current contracts will end by then.
You can't replace the likes of Bellamy and their superstars within such a short period and expect to be the same team and club.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be pushing hard for Hodgson.
Cheese will go north with bellamy to new franchise
I think your right on this one, we need an experienced hooker. Jeremy Marshall-King doesn’t have enough experience and hunger to steer the team around the park.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Api will be a Dog in 23 you heard it here first
But someone said we’re targeting grant and papehuyzen but I believe it cause the same guy said we are gonna sign Brent naden and we did and that we’re targeting Jason taumalmo and we were