Rumour Mitch Kenny

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much do people know about this guy? Ive seen massive negativity about him on here and I wasnt impressed by his Tigers performance but I cant really judge him on one game and there where a number of Panthers I saw that game who didnt perform either. Anyone got any positive views on him or highlights of him? Hes surely got to be better than what we have? Maybe if we get him cheap and he does turn out to be a good hooker we can spend big money on some top forwards for next year?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much do people know about this guy? Ive seen massive negativity about him on here and I wasnt impressed by his Tigers performance but I cant really judge him on one game and there where a number of Panthers I saw that game who didnt perform either. Anyone got any positive views on him or highlights of him? Hes surely got to be better than what we have? Maybe if we get him cheap and he does turn out to be a good hooker we can spend big money on some top forwards for next year?
Not better than JMK. Put JMK in that panthers side and he will look heaps better. Still, none of these guys are the player we so desperately need

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think if JMK would take less $ than Kenny or about the same, then we better off sticking with him for 12mths. It’s not ideal but a rotation in 2022 of JMK, Dietz and Topine would be better than throwing too much at Kenny. If we dont/haven’t spent big on a 9, then we desperately need those dominate forwards x 2 up front to lay the platform for Burton, Avo/Flange (whoever is at 7) and hopefully some help from No.1 whoever that might be.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going for Kenny is a bad move, yes we need a hooker, but we need an established one and whoever it is can’t just pass and tackle.

somehow they have to make B Smith work, he should be their core focus... Hodgson would be a decent back up if it fell through

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s fucking shit. So are all our options signed. All putrid. If we are left with these spuds we are ficked.

Brandon smith or they fucking failed.

He clearly wants to leave. Make it work with the storm. We have given these ***** finucane and remis they can come to the party.

Stand up and run the club. Sign Brandon for 2023 on.

Push for the release.

Sell it to the storm, the cap space helps them keep finucane.

We give them someone else to help with half the fucking wage paid for 2022 only as that’s his only contracted year whatever just fucking get it done. Brandon is a must.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think anyone in that Penrith team would look good, a bit like kris Keating at the dogs in 2012. I’d rather persist with jmk or topine for a year then throw the bank at cheese. Just remember he’s contracted till end of 2022 so maybe somethings in the works for end of the year

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He filled in well while Api was out and is the best option available in the market. Everyone else is under contract and Smith getting released appears to be really difficult.

Reactions: ATT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Prefer JMK !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kenny and JMK on a par really.

Api available in November as well as Smith. Maybe they are holding off for them?

Reactions: ATT

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He filled in well while Api was out and is the best option available in the market. Everyone else is under contract and Smith getting released appears to be really difficult.
Havalli
Nathaniel roache
Rein
Cotter
Brittain
All off contract and far better than kenny imo, he is super slow

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgson for 2 years may be our best option, although at 31 yo. he will probably want 3 yrs. He ticks a lot of boxes - leadership, creativity toughness and would be a good mentor for our younger 9’s like Gray. If Gray doesn’t progress (I think he will), it gives us a tier 1 hooker until we can recruit a successor.
There is an injury risk but I don’t think age should be a deciding factor because he would bring so much to our club.