MISSION get HAAS

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d fuck three bush pigs and a monkey with an infected ass if we could sign Haas. But unfortunately, it won’t happen.
U really wanna fuck a bush pig aye haha
Or do u mean Haas signing won't happen? Haha

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you really just utter the words - “the spine looks settled”????
Mahney
Burton
Karl
Critter

Pretty sure Gus and Ciro will be happy with this spine for at least the next year or 2

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't match the 1.6M a season Haas will get from rugby.

Now we missed NAS our best options are Lodge and Royce Hunt. We need both and could get both if we move on Thompson which we should do. He's small and thus ineffective. We need size.
Lodge is always a no for me.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rebuilding the team is well course, looks like the spine is settled and are left with one last problem to solve The Alpha Prop, I know Gus wasn't prepared to fork out 1 million dollars for Haas prior to the cap rise,
Come November should we Go on a serious MISSION to get HAAS ???
Cap space will not be a problem in 2025 !!!
Would love to have Haas in the blue & white can’t see it ever happening, but somewhere in the rugby league world, maybe even NZ, Fiji, Samoa, PNG are the next Payne Haas’s ..

Go find them and get 2 Haas’s for $800k …

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would love to have Haas in the blue & white can’t see it ever happening, but somewhere in the rugby league world, maybe even NZ, Fiji, Samoa, PNG are the next Payne Haas’s ..

Go find them and get 2 Haas’s for $800k …
It starts with a H
Hunt & Hunt would complete our rebuild for 2024 :grinning:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I understand many don't like him but there's no-one better available now.
This is really the cold hard facts. He is a grub, he is only 27 so he is in his prime for a prop forward. Experienced, rarely gets dominated in the ruck.

We've seen with uncle Wayne's dads army (aka Dolphins) the value of experienced props like Nichols, etc.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is really the cold hard facts. He is a grub, he is only 27 so he is in his prime for a prop forward. Experienced, rarely gets dominated in the ruck.

We've seen with uncle Wayne's dads army (aka Dolphins) the value of experienced props like Nichols, etc.
Clint Eastwood’s “dads army” are straight up winners 3 key Storm forwards who are also origin level or internationals - very smart recruiting

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood’s “dads army” are straight up winners 3 key Storm forwards who are also origin level or internationals - very smart recruiting
Herman Ese Ese (28), Jarrod Wallace (31), Mark Nicholls (33)

They are his no frills forwards, it is 100 percent a dads army, he is doing the same blue print he did at the Knights, he signed a bunch of old experienced forwards. At Knights off the top of my head was Willie Mason and Jeremy Smith, edit: I think he got Beau Scott as well

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mission follow Uncle Wayne's blue print. I'd be going down the path of building a winning culture. Get the dads army forwards in and then develop the "alpha prop". Rather than spending millions and billions on signing forwards.

Kikau is the perfect example of this type of recruitment, the injury was just bad luck.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
IMO he isn't staying at Broncs not after all the shit last year. Was demanding an upgrade and agitating for a release that was denied. Kevin forced him to play big big minutes when clearly injured. He was a big part of derailed season last year. Situation is probably untenable. Only playing well now to make sure he gets a good contract for 25 and maybe 24 if can get a release. Would love him at the dogs but would cost crazy. I still feel like if he is in the NRL in 2025 it will be for us or the rosters.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hass wouldn't come to the bulldogs, broncos could offer the same money as bulldogs through their 3rd party partners, but broncos are realistically a far better chance of winning a premiership then the bulldogs are

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm honestly not a huge fan of buying marquee forwards. We wound up in a salary cap mess through that strategy. If we get a strong forward pack that aren't necessarily pulled straight from rep team sheets and focus on ensuring our creative players are a class above, the forwards won't be a big issue.

So while Hass would be a big asset for us, I'd much rather a player that can basically improve everyone around them on the type of money Hass would sign for.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can't match the 1.6M a season Haas will get from rugby.

Now we missed NAS our best options are Lodge and Royce Hunt. We need both and could get both if we move on Thompson which we should do. He's small and thus ineffective. We need size.
You're kidding yourself if you think Hunt and Lodge are better than Thompson

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Prefer the mill to be spent on a halfback or a rockstar fullback..