Minute Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he sexual harassed her, the whole idea of a prank is to let them know it was a prank... instead he waited till he got that knock on the door

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it's a beat up that's resulted in him losing his career at the club for being stupid.

He'll be in reggies for Wests Tigers next year for sure.
Was he the one that wanted a release to join west tigers at the start of this year?

If not west tigers then i reckon gold coast titans.. they love our juniors.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This woman is surrounded by some of the strongest talented and aggressive footballers in the world.

Shit like this is gonna happen sometimes. Remember the cheerleader policy and how that come about.
Same thing here she is probably more of a distraction to the players than anything.
Move her along and get a real strength and conditioning coach like the one who beefed Martin Taupau.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This woman is surrounded by some of the strongest talented and aggressive footballers in the world.

Shit like this is gonna happen sometimes. Remember the cheerleader policy and how that come about.
Same thing here she is probably more of a distraction to the players than anything.
Move her along and get a real strength and conditioning coach like the one who beefed Martin Taupau.
Classic victim blaming.

So, she should expect to be sexually harassed because she works with footballers?

I suppose she should have been in the kitchen in the first place, right?

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No obviously it should not happen but we live in a world where it does. The reality is very different to what should happen especially with younger players.
Many players have proven that at a young age they are predominantly stupid especially towards woman. Hence the ban on players dating cheerleaders

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So because it might happen we should only have male staff?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You are a dumb ass.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No obviously it should not happen but we live in a world where it does. The reality is very different to what should happen especially with younger players.
Many players have proven that at a young age they are predominantly stupid especially towards woman. Hence the ban on players dating cheerleaders
good point

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you think Minute was stupid, this guy....

Basically, he bought a plane ticket for a team mate, who didn't pay him back, so he sucker punches the dude and gets sacked, coating him $500K contract... you certainly don't need a brain or any sense of civility to be a footy player.

NFL player loses $500,000 contract trying to get back $600
12 MINUTES AGO AUGUST 12, 2015 10:34AM
Former New York Jets linebacker Ikemefuna Enemkpali has been released by the team.

IT started as a dispute over a $600 plane ticket but it ended up costing NFL player Ikenefuna Enemkpali so much more.
The New York Jets linebacker was released by his team on Wednesday morning after “sucker punching” teammate Geno Smith in a locker room bust-up.
ESPN reporter Adam Schefter revealed Enemkpali had confronted Smith — the team’s starting quarterback — over money he believed was owed to him.

Smith will miss six to 10 weeks with a broken jaw, Jets coach Todd Bowles announced Tuesday.
Bowles described Smith as having been “cold-cocked” or sucker punched” and called the cause of the altercation “a very childish matter” and said it was “something two sixth-graders could have talked about”. “You don’t walk up to another man and punch him in the face,” Bowles said.
Neither Bowles nor a small handful of players made available to the media would go into detail about the incident, or if they knew what sparked it.
“This isn’t a UFC match,” guard Willie Colon said. “We’re football players, not fighters.”
Added cornerback Darrelle Revis: “I hold both of them responsible. ... But at the same time, you’ve got to move forward.”
Enemkpali’s release means he misses out on the $510,000 he would have been paid to play for the Jets this season.
“I apologise to the Jets organisation, coaches, teammates and fans,” Enemkpali said in a statement released by his agent. “Geno and I let our frustration get the best of us, but I should have just walked away from the situation. I deeply regret and apologise for my actions. It was never my intention to harm anyone. I appreciate the opportunity I had with the Jets.”
New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith.
New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith. Source: Getty Images
Reserve quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick suddenly moves into the starting role for next month’s opening of the NFL campaign while Smith undergoes surgery ahead of his third NFL season.
Smith, 24, set a team record for passing yards by a rookie quarterback with 3,046 in 2013, completing 247 of 443 throws for the best rookie completion percentage in Jets history as well. He threw 12 touchdown passes with 21 interpcetions.
Last season, Smith completed 219 of 367 passes for 2,525 yards and 13 touchdowns with 13 interceptions as the Jets went 4-12 last season after an 8-8 record in 2013.
The incident prompted a wave of reaction from NFL analysts and players — some of it targeting Smith’s role in the altercation.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong on this guy's as i am against any form of sexual harassment against women, but where in the article or according to her statement did it say he was making rude or sexual comments? It states that a male using a boogie man like voice was saying her name whilst masturbating. 1) he may have just been pranking her using a deep voice with no intent on sexually harassing her and she has misinterpreted it and 2) how can she or anyone in fact know that someone is masturbating over the phone? Yes, this is really silly of him for even just pranking her but why are we judging him when it really could've been just a harmless prank that has been taken the wrong way by the trainer. He put himself in this situation and will now learn from it. The truth is we dont know what wss exactly said or if it was blown out of proportion but we do know he made the prank calls and the courts found that this was sufficient enough evidence to have him dealt with him accordingly. Unless there are recordings that she has of him speaking in a sexual or lude way then the kid may not of actually said anything that was that terrible and is now being crucified for just moaning or groaning her name. He may have only been trying to scare her. Either way its a lesson learned for him and i hope he actually didnt speak to her in a bad way. Remember he is only 22 and still a kid. We have all pranked someone in our time at some stage but sometimes you prank the wrong person who may not like it and may get offended then the shit hits the fan.
Are you for real???? He was either masturbating or simulating masterbation and you are asking "but where in the article or according to her statement did it say he was making rude or sexual comments?" the fact what he was doing is is rude and sexual. If that was my wife or daughter someone was doing that to, I would pay a visit with a pair of garden shears.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ikemefuna Enemkpalis his name sounds like some sort of respiratory disease

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong on this guy's as i am against any form of sexual harassment against women, but where in the article or according to her statement did it say he was making rude or sexual comments? It states that a male using a boogie man like voice was saying her name whilst masturbating. 1) he may have just been pranking her using a deep voice with no intent on sexually harassing her and she has misinterpreted it and 2) how can she or anyone in fact know that someone is masturbating over the phone? Yes, this is really silly of him for even just pranking her but why are we judging him when it really could've been just a harmless prank that has been taken the wrong way by the trainer. He put himself in this situation and will now learn from it. The truth is we dont know what wss exactly said or if it was blown out of proportion but we do know he made the prank calls and the courts found that this was sufficient enough evidence to have him dealt with him accordingly. Unless there are recordings that she has of him speaking in a sexual or lude way then the kid may not of actually said anything that was that terrible and is now being crucified for just moaning or groaning her name. He may have only been trying to scare her. Either way its a lesson learned for him and i hope he actually didnt speak to her in a bad way. Remember he is only 22 and still a kid. We have all pranked someone in our time at some stage but sometimes you prank the wrong person who may not like it and may get offended then the shit hits the fan.

Ms Marin could "hear noises coming from the phone that sounded like a male moaning whilst masturbating",

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe he just played back one of those AMI commercials with nasal delivery technology. What a goose.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was her I wouldn't feel good about him losing his job over a prank, she seems like a ballsy woman to even consider taking this to courts so why wouldn't she at least confront him
with a warning ?especially as this was a one off.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gee if the incident reported occurred this year that was mighty swift justice, charged appeared in court and found guilty in less than a month...surely not?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I was her I wouldn't feel good about him losing his job over a prank, she seems like a ballsy woman to even consider taking this to courts so why wouldn't she at least confront him with a warning ?especially as this was a one off.
Sort of agree there Wolfie.Seems to be more to it maybe?

Don't know how to phrase this so it doesn't come off as seemingly condoning what happened, but here goes.

I know it is distasteful and not acceptable, but she is after all involved in a male dominated sport. She should not have to be thick skinned I know and the incident would have been very distressing for a female, but yeah, should she have confronted him perhaps and advised him that it was upsetting and unacceptable first and also ask why he then thought it was okay for him to do it?

How many other incidents of this nature have occurred that we have not been privy to?

Anyway it has now been dealt with as the judge considered appropriate and he has to live with his mistake. All I can then say is silly immature young man who has learned a very hard life lesson that there are things you should never ever do.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I suspect a pharmacist had more to do with tapau's "gains" than his strength and conditioning coach.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sort of agree there Wolfie.Seems to be more to it maybe?

Don't know how to phrase this so it doesn't come off as seemingly condoning what happened, but here goes.

I know it is distasteful and not acceptable, but she is after all involved in a male dominated sport. She should not have to be thick skinned I know and the incident would have been very distressing for a female, but yeah, should she have confronted him perhaps and advised him that it was upsetting and unacceptable first and also ask why he then thought it was okay for him to do it?

How many other incidents of this nature have occurred that we have not been privy to?

Anyway it has now been dealt with as the judge considered appropriate and he has to live with his mistake. All I can then say is silly immature young man who has learned a very hard life lesson that there are things you should never ever do.
you said it perfectly ..

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Sexual harassment NOT sexual assault. The proofs for the offence of Sexual assault is:

The accused:
1. had sexual intercourse with the complainant;
2. without the consent of the complainant, and
3. Knowing the complainant did not consent

He was probably charged with 'Use carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence.'

Hope that clears up your confusion :grinning:
Wait. So if a guy in a club slips his hand up a girls dress and further without her consent that's just sexual harassment and not assault? Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.