Mini Me "Verne Troyer" dies aged 49.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow .. not a good week. First Avicii and now Verne Troyer.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-22/verne-troyer-mini-me-actor-austin-powers-dies-aged-49/9684860

Actor Verne Troyer, who was best known for playing Mini-Me in Austin Powers, has died aged 49, according to an official social media post.

A statement provided by Troyer's representatives said the actor died on Saturday.

"It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write that Verne passed away today. Verne was an extremely caring individual. He wanted to make everyone smile, be happy, and laugh. Anybody in need, he would help to any extent possible. Verne was also a fighter when it came to his own battles. Over the years he's struggled and won, struggled and won, struggled and fought some more, but unfortunately this time was too much. Depression and suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another."

http://people.com/movies/verne-troy...g-a-year-after-battle-with-alcohol-addiction/

Earlier this month he was placed in an involuntary hold at a psychiatric facility after being hospitalised for reported poisoning.

Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Troyer was “extremely upset, drunk and suicidal.” The outlet also reported that he is being held for 72 hours for evaluation.

Police rushed to Verne Troyer's home Monday night after getting a report the 'Austin Powers' star was suicidal ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us a friend of Verne's made the call around 7:30 PM, and described him as being extremely upset, drunk and suicidal. We're told cops and fire department paramedics responded, and Verne was transported to a hospital for possible alcohol poisoning.

Sounds like there was a definite cry for help there, that has been going on for a while. A cry that nobody heard, and now it's too late :(.

RIP Verne... unfortunately the struggles just became too much for you :(

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RIP. It sounds like he was in a poor state for a while. Condolences to his friends family and fans.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
R.I.P..loved him in Austin Powers as Mini Me.. I’ll always remember him with a smile..especially in these scenes..

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R.I.P..loved him in Austin Powers as Mini Me.. I’ll always remember him with a smile..especially in these scenes..

He looks a bit like Brett finch in that last pic

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
RIP. I remember him from the Austin Powers movie and he was great in them. Such a funny little soul :(

Status
Not open for further replies.