Opinion Milford on cheap money as a fullback?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably unpopular but has an x factor

Reminds me of barba to an extent could he be a strike weapon at the back, I know he had mixed reviews not sure if he’s had a full preseason there. Thoughts?
That’s a tigers type signing not ours

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nope, the guy is a down hill skiier, might go alright as a complimentary piece in a good side, should be nowhere near a team looking to rebuild

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay him 20 bucks an hour to be ballboy. Although he would probably give the kicking tee to the wrong player

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No thanks to Milford, good things and good money came to him too easily and it’s created mediocrity. he’s attitude and effort plays are poor, he’d be toxic to the club.
Agreed on this. reminds me a bit of Chris Sandow in that regard and Tony Williams. Both seemed to lose the work ethis once they got a big money contract.

Milford might get motivated to play and train hard again if his next contract offer is peanuts. But if we took him even with the Donkeys paying a lot of freight he'd still potentially feel like he was on easy street. It might require a dose of reality in the form of a drastic drop in wage to snap him out of slug mode.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a further problem Milford is going to have is he made such a fuss of moving back to Brisbane to play... does anyone seriously think his attitude and desire, which has not looked great for the last couple years, will improve or even stay as is if he moves away from Brisbane again?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Sure at a 150k I would. Has a good year sell him for 400k and gain more Cap. Wait wrong league. Fantasy world is the only place this makes any sense.
His England bound for a year or to the Sharks. They sign the expensive has been.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Papenhuyzen off contract , if we a chasing a player should be him.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
a further problem Milford is going to have is he made such a fuss of moving back to Brisbane to play... does anyone seriously think his attitude and desire, which has not looked great for the last couple years, will improve or even stay as is if he moves away from Brisbane again?
Signing queenslanders is a risk. They're like homing pigeons and eventually want to fly back to the promised land

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He is really a 14 now. If you could get him for say $500k to sit on the bench and come in as a game changer I think it would be a good move. He just isn't a starter in the team we are building.

Anyway, I think he will go the Dragons. THey seem to be the Bronco's retirement home now. Trying to put together that 2015 Grand Final team back together for one last go.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
He looks like he hates playing footy lol don't want him anywhere near Belmore

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is a better player or that going a bit to far. Just getting worked up with all the posts. especially the one about Elliott and another Milf

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Now you guys do realise you've made me very nervous and also jinxed the team :grinning:

Milford to have his best game for 2 years and fade away for the rest of the season....happened before.

Thanks a lot :grinning: