Opinion Mid year fire sale - who’s on the list

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Approaching mid season transfer time, always plenty of action between clubs looking to strengthen their rosters in certain areas. Gus surely working behind the scenes to bring in some new talent to bolster our top 30, but the big question is who will he/we shed in exchange.

The obvious ones with big ‘for sale’ signs on their heads are Flanagan and Alamoti.

Others I think we should be shopping around:

- Reed Mahoney - seriously underwhelming and chewing up a fuck tonne of cap space. Leading the comp for missed tackles. Only contributing 0.4 try assists per game, 0.5 line brake assists per game. A staggering 14 errors, 21 combined penalties/6 again infringements. Are we getting any bang for our buck here? The rugby league eye test says fuck no

- Jackson Topine - currently paid well above minimum wage and simply cannot lock down a spot in the 17. Nothing but a hype man off field. Not a lot delivered on field. Worth thought

- Luke Thompson - we need to find an ESL club who’ll pay min 50% freight. He just hasnt Worked out for us. Even 50% gives us plenty to play with in the market.

- Samuel Hughes - I fear could be a jarrod hickey type, effectively extinct in the modern game. Just looks to be in slow motion. Some big wraps on him though so could be used as decent bait in a multi-player transfer deal. Worth thought
No chance at all Mahoney gets cut. Aside from Topine, the rest are off contract,it wouldn't a shock if any or all were let go. I wouldn't mind us keeping Hughes, he would be cheap to retain and we do lack props

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mahoney is our captain. He’s here for another 5 years atleast. Sure he’s has a bad game or two but he bust his arse every game. Only so much a 9 can do when you’re missing good forwards and are in a disjointed spine

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance at all Mahoney gets cut. Aside from Topine, the rest are off contract,it wouldn't a shock if any or all were let go. I wouldn't mind us keeping Hughes, he would be cheap to retain and we do lack props
I wouldn’t mind keeping Hughes either but I think he’d be good trade bait. Promising young prop but not someone who we’re gonna regret losing dearly.

More for the situation like if we try do a swap with Souths of Mahoney for Cook, or with the dolphins to get JMK back. We can say yep here’s Mahoney, and if that’s not quite enough then here’s Samuel Hughes to sweeten the deal.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke Thompson will be gone he is on his final year of his contract

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind keeping Hughes either but I think he’d be good trade bait. Promising young prop but not someone who we’re gonna regret losing dearly.

More for the situation like if we try do a swap with Souths of Mahoney for Cook, or with the dolphins to get JMK back. We can say yep here’s Mahoney, and if that’s not quite enough then here’s Samuel Hughes to sweeten the deal.
Are you okay ? Lol Mahoney has been one of the clubs best buys we haven't had a decent hooker since Mick Ennis. And Hughes has potential.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a spot on troll game because I refuse to believe anyone was handed out this kind of brain.
Don’t be to harsh, there’s always that one who’ll head straight to the damaged goods bargain shelf … seems like this one might have had a lot of self indulgence mileage put on it since then as well ..

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yo
Approaching mid season transfer time, always plenty of action between clubs looking to strengthen their rosters in certain areas. Gus surely working behind the scenes to bring in some new talent to bolster our top 30, but the big question is who will he/we shed in exchange.

The obvious ones with big ‘for sale’ signs on their heads are Flanagan and Alamoti.

- Reed Mahoney - seriously underwhelming and chewing up a fuck tonne of cap space. Leading the comp for missed tackles. Only contributing 0.4 try assists per game, 0.5 line brake assists per game. A staggering 14 errors, 21 combined penalties/6 again infringements. Are we getting any bang for our buck here? The rugby league eye test says fuck no

- Jackson Topine - currently paid well above minimum wage and simply cannot lock down a spot in the 17. Nothing but a hype man off field. Not a lot delivered on field. Worth thought

- Luke Thompson - we need to find an ESL club who’ll pay min 50% freight. He just hasnt Worked out for us. Even 50% gives us plenty to play with in the market.

- Samuel Hughes - I fear could be a jarrod hickey type, effectively extinct in the modern game. Just looks to be in slow motion. Some big wraps on him though so could be used as decent bait in a multi-player transfer deal. Worth thought
You must be one of Okenbur’s dreadlocks…. Seriously, get f’ucked mate

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Such an intelligent post good one!!
Shopping Mahoney and Hughes just shows you have no idea or just trolling.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

most obvious ones I can think of are @04 Dreaming & @lovemachine