Opinion Mid year fire sale - who’s on the list

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Approaching mid season transfer time, always plenty of action between clubs looking to strengthen their rosters in certain areas. Gus surely working behind the scenes to bring in some new talent to bolster our top 30, but the big question is who will he/we shed in exchange.

The obvious ones with big ‘for sale’ signs on their heads are Flanagan and Alamoti.

Others I think we should be shopping around:

- Reed Mahoney - seriously underwhelming and chewing up a fuck tonne of cap space. Leading the comp for missed tackles. Only contributing 0.4 try assists per game, 0.5 line brake assists per game. A staggering 14 errors, 21 combined penalties/6 again infringements. Are we getting any bang for our buck here? The rugby league eye test says fuck no

- Jackson Topine - currently paid well above minimum wage and simply cannot lock down a spot in the 17. Nothing but a hype man off field. Not a lot delivered on field. Worth thought

- Luke Thompson - we need to find an ESL club who’ll pay min 50% freight. He just hasnt Worked out for us. Even 50% gives us plenty to play with in the market.

- Samuel Hughes - I fear could be a jarrod hickey type, effectively extinct in the modern game. Just looks to be in slow motion. Some big wraps on him though so could be used as decent bait in a multi-player transfer deal. Worth thought

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is not going anywhere. He tries his guts out each week. Plus Gus brought him to the club, he knew what he was getting when he hired him. As for Thompson, I predict like a lot of others, he will be gone by end of the year. He hasn't provided much whilst playing for the Dogs. Needs to go, we need some players with guts that don't get injured all the time.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I mean he is 1000% right about three of the four. I’d replace Reed with RFM. RFM/Topine/Slowamoti are absolute duds and need to go

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pehram, Casey and one of RFM or Topine all on the sale list.. maybe Hughes as well.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Approaching mid season transfer time, always plenty of action between clubs looking to strengthen their rosters in certain areas. Gus surely working behind the scenes to bring in some new talent to bolster our top 30, but the big question is who will he/we shed in exchange.

The obvious ones with big ‘for sale’ signs on their heads are Flanagan and Alamoti.

Others I think we should be shopping around:

- Reed Mahoney - seriously underwhelming and chewing up a fuck tonne of cap space. Leading the comp for missed tackles. Only contributing 0.4 try assists per game, 0.5 line brake assists per game. A staggering 14 errors, 21 combined penalties/6 again infringements. Are we getting any bang for our buck here? The rugby league eye test says fuck no

- Jackson Topine - currently paid well above minimum wage and simply cannot lock down a spot in the 17. Nothing but a hype man off field. Not a lot delivered on field. Worth thought

- Luke Thompson - we need to find an ESL club who’ll pay min 50% freight. He just hasnt Worked out for us. Even 50% gives us plenty to play with in the market.

- Samuel Hughes - I fear could be a jarrod hickey type, effectively extinct in the modern game. Just looks to be in slow motion. Some big wraps on him though so could be used as decent bait in a multi-player transfer deal. Worth thought
I'm sure the Roosters would gladly swap Cheese for Mahoney but would we be better off with Cheese ?

F..k NO !