Opinion Mick Potter

Irakli

New Pup
Reaction score
Kinda interesting that on 360 both James Graham and Braith on separate occasions haven't held Potters coaching abilty in high regard.

They kinda make a joke of the possibility of him coaching long term. Even schoup and king in that podcast had a chuckle.

Thoughts?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Graham has never been coached by Potter and Braith might have been a long time ago. Shit changes. And Braith was shit after he left us tbh. I think there has been improvement since Potter took over, even in the losses, for now for me Potter is a "hold" and watch how it goes. Theres a spark of hope there, but he still has to prove we can have a sustained improvement. Its probably why we are quiet on the coach front, Potter is still auditioning. A good start. If we beat Sharks this week the call for him will get louder.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
because we're the biggest club in Sydney and we should have one of the best coaches in the NRL. We've been in pain for far too long. I think Potter's done a terrific job since taking over tho.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens the for the rest of the year it’s clear that the changes Potter has made have worked. He has exposed Barrett big time as a fraud head coach in my opinion. Porter may not be the coach that gets us back to our glory days but it is clear he is a stepping stone in the right direction. I for one am hoping he does well and gets the top job long term as it means he earnt it.

Irakli

New Pup
Reaction score
Yeah I think Potter is doing great with the boys, the results have been epic. Just very Curious because every player that talks about him talks about him like a joke, even Josh in press conferences is always like smirking when the coaching questions come up. Schoup talking about how he was showing them pictures of crickets before games, had a laugh also.

Also I'm pretty sure Graham was coached by him at some point, talked about it on 360 like a week or 2 ago.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham has never been coached by Potter and Braith might have been a long time ago. Shit changes. And Braith was shit after he left us tbh. I think there has been improvement since Potter took over, even in the losses, for now for me Potter is a "hold" and watch how it goes. Theres a spark of hope there, but he still has to prove we can have a sustained improvement. Its probably why we are quiet on the coach front, Potter is still auditioning. A good start. If we beat Sharks this week the call for him will get louder.
Potter coached Graham in the Super League. He coached St Helen’s in 2009-10 for a 72% win rate

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering he coached the players years ago im sure he’s changed his methods over the years. And Rugby League is such a simple game. Barrett tried to complicate things to the point players didn’t know there roles. Potter simplified the game plan to suit the roster he has. Footy isn’t rocket science. Run hard, tackle harder. Turn up with a good attitude in defence and that will go a long way to winning.

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
Braith played under Potter when at the West Tigers, but to be fair Potter’s stint at the Tigers was ugly because of the board and the Robbie Farah drama

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't ignore how many people said he couldn't coach when he was at the Tigers. However, he seems to have matured.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Braith has become so cocky since hes been managing munster