Opinion Mick Potter

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The first 2 you can't even count. The first one he just met the team. Second one was changing up stuff. He has had some good teams to play in that period as well.

I'd still like Flanagan, but I'd hope they would keep Potter on as assistant coach. He has our attacking clicking.
I’d like to see Potter in charge with a better Defence coach as his assistant. Furners work has been disgraceful and thankfully he’s off after this season.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I’d like to see Potter in charge with a better Defence coach as his assistant. Furners work has been disgraceful and thankfully he’s off after this season.
It's the big one really. But Potter may have a plan for defence, but defence is made in the offseason. Take the Cowboys for example. Apparently they did so much tackling practice it the offseason wasn't funny. So they were ready to defend the hell of of things.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Potter is the perfect interim coach …a bit aloof and quirky and seems to have relaxed the playing group

It’s like a reliever teacher vibe where the students are just playing care free footy

Long term we need a top coach

What pisses me off is that in any Presser where the media praise Potter ..Jacko then downplays it and not once credited Potter instead says the style of footy not that different it’s just that our combinations have clicked

BS
No way jackson should be captain with that attitude, that shit in the presser reminded me of the immortal flog spitting the dummy on wednesday night

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No way jackson should be captain with that attitude, that shit in the presser reminded me of the immortal flog spitting the dummy on wednesday night
Probably indicates that Jacko wouldn't make a real good coach ...if he can't give credit or even recognise that a lot has changed with the playing style. Just poor form, and PR too for the club, by JJ to not give Potter some credit.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well guys..I just tweeted this to Gus..

‘Phil it took a scintillating performance by Mitchell that was the difference between Doggies winning & losing tonight.The Dogs were still great,their attack has been transformed.Highlights the ability of Potter to bring out the best in his players.Gotta keep him’

I received no comment.. However next thing I know I get followed by the man himself..he only follows 45 people.. So maybe Potter is our guy!
Are you now unbanned.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
More likely tipping his son. Kyle was OK today but that play where he ran behind his teammate and then threw it to Waddell.....wtf
That was a gaping hole anyway and certain try..but rules is rules. A bloody shame it ended as a penalty. Brain snap.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
how this lads? you reckon its good to go as preview of tattoo?
You're asking us to look in the wrong direction. If you want some other bloke's name tattooed on your orchestras, it's your head that needs to be looked at.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter is the perfect interim coach …a bit aloof and quirky and seems to have relaxed the playing group

It’s like a reliever teacher vibe where the students are just playing care free footy

Long term we need a top coach

What pisses me off is that in any Presser where the media praise Potter ..Jacko then downplays it and not once credited Potter instead says the style of footy not that different it’s just that our combinations have clicked

BS
Yeah Jacko is still carrying a torch for Baz... Other players aren't afraid to come out and say Potter just believes in us and lets us play whats in front of us.

Don't forget Jacko came out and said Baz was the best coach he has been coached by. Only can compare to Des and Pay but still goes to show.

I still think Jacko stepping down would be best for the team. But with maybe JAC out for a few weeks not sure anyone else is able to step up anyway.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus recognises you are the guy he once blocked so is gathering more info to hand over to the web police lol
I hate to break it to you, but the web police are real. My next door neighbour visited a couple of dodgy sites on the dark net, and ended up getting his front door kicked in by a couple of gorillas from the Federal Police. They checked out everything in his house without once showing a warrant, found nothing untoward, told him not to do it again (whatever "it" was) and left without fixing his door.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but the web police are real. My next door neighbour visited a couple of dodgy sites on the dark net, and ended up getting his front door kicked in by a couple of gorillas from the Federal Police. They checked out everything in his house without once showing a warrant, found nothing untoward, told him not to do it again (whatever "it" was) and left without fixing his door.
Oh my bad. I just didn't ever imagine @Mr 95% was using the "dark" web :grinning:

Let that door be a lesson to us all lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JJ must be blind as f*ck not to see the improvement under Potter.

Barrett had 1.5 seasons to show improvement- didn’t happen.

When we started to win games and/or have been super competitive, JJ frames it like it was seeds sowed by TB….really? It’s ironic those seeds grew not long after Potter stopped making excuses for their performances and held them accountable whilst also empowering their natural abilities and picking the right players in their rightful positions e.g. Averillo.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just wow!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JJ must be blind as f*ck not to see the improvement under Potter.

Barrett had 1.5 seasons to show improvement- didn’t happen.

When we started to win games and/or have been super competitive, JJ frames it like it was seeds sowed by TB….really? It’s ironic those seeds grew not long after Potter stopped making excuses for their performances and held them accountable whilst also empowering their natural abilities and picking the right players in their rightful positions e.g. Averillo.
Its embarrassing to watch JJ get all defensive about Baz. We clearly play more expansive now, more second phase and ball movement and this idiot can't give Potter credit. We need a new era of leadership next season

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its embarrassing to watch JJ get all defensive about Baz. We clearly play more expansive now, more second phase and ball movement and this idiot can't give Potter credit. We need a new era of leadership next season
Funny thing is..Potter’s got him playing more effective too!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Id gladly travel down the dark web with you WD!! Don’t tell your hubby.. :grimacing:
You just concentrate on putting good content on Twitter for your 'Follower' Gus! Lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In terms of Potters win/loss record

V Tigers he barely met the team and his halftime speech got us back in the game

V Dragons (first full week in charge) another halftime comeback we also missed TPJ

V Panthers he drops Dufty and shifts Avo to 1. We look good on attack and go down fighting

V Eels (TPJ retuns) we smoke them
V Tigers (smoke them)
V Sharks - Potter has covid so not with the team but we still fight
V Souffs - attacking game is on point just let ourselves down defensively

Bottom line is we have looked 100000 times better than under Baz and the games we have lost we have been in every single one