Opinion Mick Potter

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well guys..I just tweeted this to Gus..

‘Phil it took a scintillating performance by Mitchell that was the difference between Doggies winning & losing tonight.The Dogs were still great,their attack has been transformed.Highlights the ability of Potter to bring out the best in his players.Gotta keep him’

I received no comment.. However next thing I know I get followed by the man himself..he only follows 45 people.. So maybe Potter is our guy!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter is the perfect interim coach …a bit aloof and quirky and seems to have relaxed the playing group

It’s like a reliever teacher vibe where the students are just playing care free footy

Long term we need a top coach

What pisses me off is that in any Presser where the media praise Potter ..Jacko then downplays it and not once credited Potter instead says the style of footy not that different it’s just that our combinations have clicked

BS

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well guys..I just tweeted this to Gus..

‘Phil it took a scintillating performance by Mitchell that was the difference between Doggies winning & losing tonight.The Dogs were still great,their attack has been transformed.Highlights the ability of Potter to bring out the best in his players.Gotta keep him’

I received no comment.. However next thing I know I get followed by the man himself..he only follows 45 people.. So maybe Potter is our guy!
Gus recognises you are the guy he once blocked so is gathering more info to hand over to the web police lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Potter is the perfect interim coach …a bit aloof and quirky and seems to have relaxed the playing group

It’s like a reliever teacher vibe where the students are just playing care free footy

What pisses me off is that in any Presser where the media praise Potter ..Jacko then downplays it and not once credited Potter instead says the style of footy not that different it’s just that our combinations have clicked

BS
Agree. Jacko is still uptight about Baz leaving and his influence I guess.

It's disappointing JJ doesn't appear to be publicly praising his new coach much or crediting Mick with the improved performances.

Jacko's captaincy and leadership still lacking.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

BS
Loved how Potter deflected back to Jacko....our captain looked lost.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Potter: "You only have fun when you win"

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Potter should be our reserve grade coach if Gus is signing someone else.
He would be good for our juniors coming through, as he's one of the rarer coaches that allows players to play to their strengths.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

BS
Shane Flanagan tipped us I think.. maybe he’s the coach lol

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

BS
Jackson's a fucking knob. He's sitll butthurt that his bf is gone and he's been demoted from halfback to backrow. Needs to pull his head out of his ass and acknowledge reality - the reason we're suddenly scoring points is because there has been a change in coach. It's not a friggin coincidence. The fact that he downplays Potter's influence in front of Potter is even more disgraceful. Can't wait till he's gone.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson's a fucking knob. He's sitll butthurt that his bf is gone and he's been demoted from halfback to backrow. Needs to pull his head out of his ass and acknowledge reality - the reason we're suddenly scoring points is because there has been a change in coach. It's not a friggin coincidence. The fact that he downplays Potter's influence in front of Potter is even more disgraceful. Can't wait till he's gone.
Yep, it was a bit annoying how desperate Jackson was in defending barrett

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last 5-6 weeks we’ve looked consistently competitive which is a far cry from we’ve had the past three seasons. I know nothing about coaching, but if it’s about performance outcomes, Potter has to be strongly considered.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Potter, not sold yet.

7 games
2 wins, 5 loses
For - 168
Against - 170

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Potter, not sold yet.

7 games
2 wins, 5 loses
For - 168
Against - 170
The first 2 you can't even count. The first one he just met the team. Second one was changing up stuff. He has had some good teams to play in that period as well.

I'd still like Flanagan, but I'd hope they would keep Potter on as assistant coach. He has our attacking clicking.