Opinion Mick Potter

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, he's made some changes that even any one of us spastics would make; Dufty out, less focus on Jackson in attack. I realise he's almost certainly done more as a coach for us, but don't forget how ignorant/stubborn/stupid/all of the above Barret was.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
That's because Potter can't coach
The boys are playing with freedom
I.e no structure and I.e no coaching

Don't care what the old boys say from Potter coaching them years ago

But Kingy and Schoupy taking the piss can't be a good sign lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what Braith has to say about supercoach Freddy's coaching style when he's the one that moved Braith to fullback and led the Roosters to their only spoon in the last 60 odd years..
I'd like to evaluate Braiths choice in brides for a minute....
Epictool this **** icgaf what he thinks.
The next month or so and Harry's w/l ratio + performances in that time should be the only yardstick when assessing him coaching us longer term..unless of course Mr. smoke and mirrors already has a good option lined up(I doubt they do tbh)

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love what potter has done, but I don’t think he’s long term, Gus said he’s give him a lot of coaching staff, more than usual, the supports are there under what ever cap they have. Once a head coach takes head coach money it will change.
The pressure is off us at the moment, but we have some great players coming and burton to think about, not overly sure potter is that coach. But happy with what he’s done so far, he’s not over coaching but I’m not sure that’s our identity?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs have got to keep this bloke as coach surely? Gus must be impressed by him..gee he has added to the team’s performance..
He’s made these shit ***** playing good imagine him with the team he wants

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s actually been quite remarkable the way he’s transformed this team in such a short space of time. More than happy to keep him in charge, particularly if the alternatives are unknown quantities such as Ciraldo.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens the for the rest of the year it’s clear that the changes Potter has made have worked. He has exposed Barrett big time as a fraud head coach in my opinion. Porter may not be the coach that gets us back to our glory days but it is clear he is a stepping stone in the right direction. I for one am hoping he does well and gets the top job long term as it means he earnt it.
You have no idea they are just throwing the ball around with no structure and we can not tackle! When players are free to do what they want there is a care free style Potter is NOT a 1st grade coach!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was brave of him to take on what we thought was a really poor team. I’m sure he could do very well next year. I really hope he is given the chance.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have no idea they are just throwing the ball around with no structure and we can not tackle! When players are free to do what they want there is a care free style Potter is NOT a 1st grade coach!
Disagree, the last few weeks they lacked structure and defended well, tonight they scored some well constructed tries and struggled in defence, he’s show a million times more than Barrett, who do you suggest

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair.
If pay was coaching we lose this game 38 -6
If Barret was coaching we lose 45-0
Potters done some good things. In a short space of time. I don't know if potter can or cannot coach. To be honest I don't care.

What i do care about is the positive change dince he has taken over. He knows hevis here short term. Team knows it. Let him do his thing.

Malla

Reaction score
I still don’t know whether Potter is that good of a coach or Baz was that shit

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Disagree, the last few weeks they lacked structure and defended well, tonight they scored some well constructed tries and struggled in defence, he’s show a million times more than Barrett, who do you suggest
Ciraldo or Flanagan