Michael "The Falcon" Ennis - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Since switching to our club, Ennis has been awesome. He has good leader ship qualities, rallies up the boys when we need it and is a very charitable bloke off the field which backs up his leadership qualities!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since switching to our club, Ennis has been awesome. He has good leader ship qualities, rallies up the boys when we need it
Can't argue with that summing up although I'd delete "awesome" and insert "totally commited".

However, this week against Manly I don't think he can go for the 80 minutes. He was a very sick puppy (Bulldog breed) when he left the field against Souths. I believe the physical game (who said thuggery?) that the Manly forwards will put on will be very draining on him. I hope that we have another dummy half that can lead from the rucks.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't argue with that summing up although I'd delete "awesome" and insert "totally commited".

However, this week against Manly I don't think he can go for the 80 minutes. He was a very sick puppy (Bulldog breed) when he left the field against Souths. I believe the physical game (who said thuggery?) that the Manly forwards will put on will be very draining on him. I hope that we have another dummy half that can lead from the rucks.
Is there any word from the club if he is playing this weekend?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is there any word from the club if he is playing this weekend?
He was named in the side Tuesday.

He should be right. Bet he wont try to tackle like that again!

One word that could describe Ennis in our side is "Glue". We do become somewhat unglued when hes off the field.

Ennis isn't an attacking wizard or flashy. Hes toiling and amazing in defence. His speed from dummy half in defence stops sides getting momentum. He guides the boys around well, because he can read the game really well. Hes a good captain.

The best way to tell how good Ennis is, is to see us play without him.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I loved Pritchard laughing at Ennis and then joking about his tackling style when interviewed. Waiting to see more of Ennis attacking as he started with Souths. No doubt Super Captain like Bulldogs always generate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One good game a few weeks ago, now back to shitville.

Highlights reel from tonight includes:
+ The best flat pass you've ever seen.
+ The best one man out pass you've ever seen.
+ Absolutely no depth in attack.
+ Lethargic play the balls.
+ One pissweak scurry from dummy half.
+ Woeful fifth tackle options including a dud kick.
+ A conversation with the ref which lead to nothing like always.

Comprehensively outplayed by the Roosters hooker tonight.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comprehensively outplayed by the Roosters hooker tonight.
Can't much argue with your summary of tonight. I maintain he's one of the most underrated players in the whole comp and has been maybe our best so far this year, but he was shocking tonight. We were shredded around the ruck.

T Rex

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ennis is a terrific captain, great club man i love the guy to bits. Gets under opposition players skins. Not his best game tonight but he's still one of the best 9's in the game.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its time to add some spark and keep it fresh, Romelo on the bench to keep things moving...

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Fuck me he makes 40 tackles a game without him our defence falls apart look what happened in the souths game,If he stayed on that game I reckon we would of won it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Defence is great, no qualms about that at all, but he needs to pull his finger out because every play the ball relies and circles around good service from the dummy half.

If that doesn't happen, you see what we are doing now (making stuff all metres).

If Ennis is too slow in the play the ball, defence are on the receiving player before they can wind up.
If the first receiver pass is too shallow, the player hits the line with bugger all impact.
If the dummy half lacks creativity and therefore the defence ALWAYS know he'll pass one man out, they aim for that one man already in defence and rush him.
If the dummy half on the fitfh isn't looking to target a playmaker for a clearing kick, there's a real problem.

He plays the same game week in, week out, EXCEPT a few weeks ago where he looked really fresh (the game he got KO'd in). He was on fire that game, but inconsistency is his biggest issue.

Many of our problems stem from this, because if the service is slow/flat/predictable from dummy half, opposing coaches know exactly how to shut us down.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Announced that Mick has a broken nose from the City/country game, will be playing against the sharks, this annoys me a bit, i would rather he sit it out for a week, won't be playing to his full potential, cant see any dummy runs happening as he will probably avoid getting tackled, hes a tough little bastard for playing though

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Announced that Mick has a broken nose from the City/country game, will be playing against the sharks, this annoys me a bit, i would rather he sit it out for a week, won't be playing to his full potential, cant see any dummy runs happening as he will probably avoid getting tackled, hes a tough little bastard for playing though
I haven't seen any dummy half runs even without a broken nose anyways.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ennis running the ball today was impressive and great to finally see, this is what is missing from his game to take him anywhere near the Cameron Smith level...Lets get this shit happening Mick - let the games begin!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hoooray!!!! I've been saying this for a long time. He's a far more dangerous player when he runs the ball and adds some variety to his game.

H

HajdukSplit

Ennis has to improve his press conference speeches. Every press conference this year he has said "as Des said", "as Des said".

Status
Not open for further replies.