Michael Potter announced as interim Head Coach of the Bulldogs...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting reading about Potter's coaching career...

- In July 2010 Potter signed a two-year contract to return to Bradford, this time as head coach, commencing in 2011. Despite the club being placed in receivership in 2012, the team was on the verge of making the semis as Potter remained as unpaid coach. "I think I served above and beyond what I needed to do there," Potter said. "I felt obliged to do that. It has made me a better coach. The reasons I want to coach aren't financial but because you love the game."

That shows heaps of character. His win percentage is also decent. Only got the Tigs 35% wins but how bad were the players? He's into the 40s with Bradford and Catalans, and up into the 60 and 70% range with Fiji and St. Helens.

Judging on that and the fact that he's very experienced, it will be interesting to see what he can do in 14 games, coaching this rabble. His record shows he goes alright when he has good players (assuming Saints and Fiji did).

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if he goes on a win streak and gets us in the top 8, are we still thinking interim? (assuming he'd be happy to do full time again?)

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“What are you going to do to improve performance?”

“Just a few new tactics “

“What new tactics?”

“Just tactics”

Very nice Mick
The same guy who Trent gave a generic answer to and tried to avoid his question, which was about how many touches Flanagan had in the oppo 20 or something like that. He thinks he's smart, but asks shit questions. He writes for the Roar so no surprise really.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if he goes on a win streak and gets us in the top 8, are we still thinking interim? (assuming he'd be happy to do full time again?)
Yep, sounds like both parties are happy with this arrangement.

If he stays on it will be as an assistant, but if he does well I see another club with a shit coach hiring him.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice position for him to be in, he can let hell loose on these dumb shits free of shackles knowing he doesn't have to work with them next year.

If I were him i'd be making life hell for some of these duds until i'm gone.

What's that thommo? another dropped ball on the 1st after a penalty in the opposition end? that's another 10 laps added to your workout schedule champ, if you stop for a breather that's another 5!

Malla

Reaction score
Could be why Gus isn't in a rush to sign a coach? Why not give him every opportunity to see what he can do.

It works for him showing how laid back he is about the opportunity. There is zero pressure on him, and he isn't creating any pressure on himself either, hopefully this brushes off on the team.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he had minimal involvement in this week’s preparation. Maybe after another loss we will cut Furner/Sandercock. I’m sure Mick has coaching staff he prefers to work with

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Proper knit picking but fuck he sounds awkward to listen to lol