Michael Potter announced as interim Head Coach of the Bulldogs...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH i dont think a new coach would want to come in now, they would want a full offseason and players. Potter will do a good job
I tipped Mick to get the interim and I am sure he will do good. But to be fair to him he should be given some time (5-10 games) to show what he has so maybe we dont look elsewhere at all?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I was that coach I would want to involved in all of that.
How do you know "whoever" the coach is hasn't started working with Gus already?

Let's be honest, Gus has picked the coach about 3-4 weeks ago.

Some rats jumping/booted off ship can prove that.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I tipped Mick to get the interim and I am sure he will do good. But to be fair to him he should be given some time (5-10 games) to show what he has so maybe we dont look elsewhere at all?
thats a possibility but i think if all goes well, he will be added next years like hannay was at the sharks

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My only problem I see is that he knows he is temporary.

If he is smart he should go hard to find a head coach job at another club that will be booting their coach this year too.

The most he can hope for is an assistant with us.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better option than the Barrett look alike or Furner. Hopefully he makes sensible team selections, all the very best to him, now to dodge the spoon.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not an ideal time to step into the role, but I don't think there's much chance we go downhill from here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Better option than the Barrett look alike or Furner. Hopefully he makes sensible team selections, all the very best to him, now to dodge the spoon.
I really believe he will just play the role as coach for the public and Gus will be pulling the strings.

I know JJ has come out and said they are aiming for finals still but the main aim of 2022 is getting ready for 2023.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really believe he will just play the role as coach for the public and Gus will be pulling the strings.

I know JJ has come out and said they are aiming for finals still but the main aim of 2022 is getting ready for 2023.
I really want the permanent coach to be appointed soon. It will give us something to look forward to even though it will probably be for next year. Seems like every year we’re looking forward to a change so hopefully it’s for real this time and we’ve turned the corner.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I really want the permanent coach to be appointed soon. It will give us something to look forward to even though it will probably be for next year. Seems like every year we’re looking forward to a change so hopefully it’s for real this time and we’ve turned the corner.
I don't care when we find out, I just hope the players know for stability.

My view is that this was planned early this year and the roosters game was the lynch pin.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Furner goes now? He was never the assistant coach that Bulldog needed. Bulldog needed assistant that was energetic, high attention to detail, innovative thinker, etc. This guy is none of these things, he is just "steady as she goes" .....
He’ll be gone by the end of the year. The new coach will want to bring in there own staff.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see what he can do… get to See a different style of footy, and the boys get to try some new tricks, relax and have some fun.. More than We’ve all had of late thats for damn sure. !!