News Michael Maguire to Tigers and Ivan Cleary to Panthers

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/25...-tigers-ivan-cleary-to-join-penrith-panthers/

The Wests Tigers have agreed to terms with former South Sydney premiership-winning coach Michael Maguire on a three-year deal.

The Tigers are in the process of finalising the release of Ivan Cleary before they can put pen to paper with Maguire.

Maguire is in England coaching the New Zealand side but is expected to return straight to Australia mid-November to begin his tenure with the Tigers.

The Panthers are expected to announce Cleary's five-year deal in the coming days, with both sides the Tigers and Panthers likely to have new coaches for the start of the new financial year on November 1.

Cleary will take over from caretaker coach Cameron Ciraldo at the Penrith helm in 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol, out goes one fraud and in comes another.

Who would remember that dud if the nrlol didn't personally hand him his GF ring BEFORE the season kicked off?

Last edited:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Panthers have been signing a lot of long-term 5-year deals lately, could get themselves stuck in a big mess if it doesn't pay off.
This is their window. If it doesn't happy now it wont. I don't get the cleary hype, the only way they get there is Maloney stays fit.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gotta love nrl... most unprofessional sport in the world... there are no secrets that media dont know about... and contracts stand for nothing...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does he have to have his teeth surgically put back in now?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watch Mcguire fuck the tigers so over rated

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have lost any respect I may have had for Ivan Cleary. It is obvious that he was always going to leave before his contract expired yet he continually spouted his diatribe about being on the bus AND having a dig at any player who was not committed.

Smacks of hypocrisy of the highest degree. Well now he can go play ball with his little boy and sell himself out to the club that sacked him previously. Have fun...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Tigers are big winners here IMO he is a premiership winning coach. Ivan is not a bad coach but I can't see him taking a team all the way despite taking the Warriors to a grand final

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers fans are seriously jizzing over this.

Having said that, most seem to think Ivan Cleary was good for them too. They're none too bright.