Michael Lichaa left in dark over Canterbury Bulldogs’ spine shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CANTERBURY hooker Michael Lichaa says there is no set game plan for their new playmaking rotation and that his drastic reduction in NRL minutes is out of his control.
Lichaa has been the odd man out in the Bulldogs spine since the emergence of rookie halfback Matt Frawley, with the rake’s time on the field cut to just 56 minutes over the past fortnight.

Frawley’s injection has meant starting No. 7 Moses Mbye moves to hooker, forcing Lichaa off the field.

The 23-year-old Lichaa, who is off-contract at the end of the year, declared he still wants to play out the entire match but concedes coach Des Hasler has opted for a new direction.

“It’s out of my control really. It’s up to Des what he does with the team,” Lichaa told AAP.

“I want to be playing the full game, but I guess someone’s got to come off and I’ve got to change position. If there’s no one injured in the backs, (Frawley’s) got to play somewhere.

“It just happens to be my place.”

Bulldogs hooker Michael Lichaa.Source: News Corp Australia
Lichaa revealed there had been no dialogue with the coaching staff over when Frawley would be injected into the game in place of the hooker.

He said the current rotation also depended on possible injuries or concussion tests during matches.

“We’ve just got to play it by ear. We don’t know if there’s an injury, I’m not too sure going into games what’s going to happen,” Lichaa said.

The Bulldogs had won three on the trot since Frawley’s debut in round five, but fell away late in Sunday’s last-gasp defeat to the Wests Tigers.

While Frawley had been a key factor in their winning streak, Lichaa said the defeat had more to do with the team’s inability to work with the ball in good field position.

The Tigers enjoyed a 59 per cent advantage in territory.

“I thought we started the game pretty good, but they got us at the end there. So it didn’t work (on Sunday), but it’s worked other weeks. That’s rugby league,” Lichaa said.

“They played really well to be honest, the Tigers. We just couldn’t get down there enough.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/20f865c75d527ed23b30c919621e4f11

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wish Des would stop fucking around ffs

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous, poor bloke needs all the help he can get yet he doesn't even know what position or minute he'll be playing.

Reactions: DT

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no mad scientist, but I can't understand how keeping blokes guessing about their role in the team is good for moral, continuity, game structure, confidence....... Sssssssssss

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley also said he didn't know how he was going to be used in another interview.

Either they're playing dumb with the media or Hasler is just going into games hoping for the best with no real plan.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why he's even in the top 17 at the moment. Simply he's not good enough and he's a waste to have in a lineup playing only 20min a game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So why is he not getting let go next year?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It shows the way our team look clueless in attack

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no mad scientist, but I can't understand how keeping blokes guessing about their role in the team is good for moral, continuity, game structure, confidence....... Sssssssssss
Yes it's hard to fool the opposition when we don't have these basic and important elements you mentioned.

Reactions: GDR

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waste of time interviewing him unless he speaks his mind.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He needs a spell in NSW Cup. If he can't dominate there, then he can go at the end of the year as we have Woolford handy.

This reads to me (not sure if others agree), but as if Lichaa is pissed off.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's quite simple if you want your spot then Fucken play for it. He's easily the worst hooker in the game. Slow as a snail, passes like a under 10s player and lacks creativity.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The lack of dialogue between coaching staff was the real worry there. They have no idea what they are doing. In the meantime this kid is truly getting shafted tbh. He's gotta bail before his price plummets even more.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact he quoted a percentage shows how much of a stats man Hasler is would of drilled it into them as said on the matty johns show we are over structured and play hot potato with the ball our defence is what saves us

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley also said he didn't know how he was going to be used in another interview.

Either they're playing dumb with the media or Hasler is just going into games hoping for the best with no real plan.
I think theyre playing dumb. Why would they tell anyone the game plan? Much less a reporter. Plus reporters write what they want. He probably asked a number of questions and then just sampled what he wanted and then constructed it how he wanted it to sound.
Of course they know how its going to happen. Maybe not exactly what minute they will be interchanged though.
Im also a little surprised some people are saying how confusing it must be for him. Not at all. The only place he is going is the bench!! Mbye is the one who is playing two positions and should therefore be confused one would think.
All in all, i think this is all a little disruptive. Des needs to bite the bullet and hust drop lichaa.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Des has no plans . I really feel sorry for the youngsters, des is a wanker .

Status
Not open for further replies.