Michael Lichaa DV charge and current Bulldog not of interest to Police.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we saw last yr with the school girl scandal, that it's not enough to sack them
Look at DeBellin.

He still has a contract.

Only thing that will get him sacked is if he has some sort of behavioral clause in the contract.

Maybe a year at Mounties away from the playing group.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadness surrounds our beloved club again...
Yet some people on TK are finding humor in this tragedy
1 Elliott has betrayed and dishonored himself, his family and his friend whom he was soon to be his best man
2 Three years in succession Elliott has managed to bring our club and game into disrepute
3 Does Elliot's teammates still trust and respect him anymore ?
It's a very delicate situation...My opinion 3 strikes should be out.
But I have no doubt the club would be very very careful in dealing with Elliott.
He might not deserve to be in the team no more...But we do NOT need a bigger tragedy !!!
I think the UK could be his solution, away from everything !!!
Have to agree.

I really had high hopes for him this season.

But he fuked up too many times. For a club rebuilding. This shit can derail the whole season.

The UK is his best bet.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just found out the truth and FMD it's messy and disgusting...
Offcourse it is
Lichaa lost his shit for a reason
I don’t condone laying a hand on his slut but Elliot is free game
I wish he put his head through the window

it was in the bedroom and then chased out into the backyard

just kissing lol
I’ve never heard such tripe

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn't have a clue my bro, just trying to get rid of the trash and find a silver lining in this putrid situation.
We're stuck with him pal. Simples.

Don't get me wrong. I despise the guy. For what he's done to his own family. For what he's done to another guy's family.

But let's not paint this as it's not the norm. It is. The only reason this is big is because it's a player's Mrs. The lads do this to plenty of other wives. It happens in all sports. Humans are scum.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at DeBellin.

He still has a contract.

Only thing that will get him sacked is if he has some sort of behavioral clause in the contract.

Yeah dragons haven’t sacked De Belin. But there’s long been rumours of a split in the playing group over it. And look at how they’ve gone the last two season with that hanging over them. They should be a top 8 team.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Look at DeBellin.

He still has a contract.

well debellin it all depends on court

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're stuck with him pal. Simples.

Don't get me wrong. I despise the guy. For what he's done to his own family. For what he's done to another guy's family.

But let's not paint this as it's not the norm. It is. The only reason this is big is because it's a player's Mrs. The lads do this to plenty of other wives. It happens in all sports. Humans are scum.
I agree , we have no legs to get rid off him .

I bet Trent would off loved for him to screw up and send him on his way . Unless it comes out that Elliot got violent then we will be stuck with him .
It’s putrid and honestly pathetic by him .

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know if we can legally sack him but we can make it hard for him. Tell him the playing group don't trust you anymore and don't want you at the club so we want you to find another club. If he says no tell him he won't be playing FG at the Bulldogs again. Eventually he'll get the message and request a release

Hopefully we can legally sack him though to make it quicker and easier.
If the bulldogs want to sack him they can. There is a clause in every professional athletes contract these days about bringing the reputation of the company into disrepute.

The club would need to show his conduct has damaged the reputation/standing of the club/brand in the community. This can be established through things such as negative media reports (which have a factual basis), loss/threats from sponsers etc

So there is a LEGAL basis to do so. He can fight it but given the atmospherics of it, I doubt he will.

However, the law isn’t the only consideration. There is the playing group, coach, sponsors and company/brand.

I think if the playing group can get past this and are content to play with him he will stay. Otherwise, I think he will be tapped on the shoulder or be relegated to NSW cup.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah dragons haven’t sacked De Belin. But there’s long been rumours of a split in the playing group over it. And look at how they’ve gone the last two season with that hanging over them. They should be a top 8 team.
well debellin it all depends on court
True, but even if found innocent of the rape charges this is a guy who freely admits to screwing around on his pregnant wife.

Did the Dragons not want to sack him or did they legally not have grounds to sack him?

For the club to sack him means they would have to pay out the full value of his contract and according to NRL salary cap regulations it would still count against the cap. Maybe they were hoping he would be found guilty and they could get out of it cheaply.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What's the 3rd one? I can only think of mad Monday and this one?
"The pair appeared at Downing Centre Local Court today, where Deputy Chief Magistrate Jane Mottley said they had suffered enough reputational damage from the highly publicised incident.

"You have exacted enormous reputational harm on yourself, your club and your code," Magistrate Mottley said.

"Fine, you are regarded as a humble, well-mannered man who has clearly made a mistake.

"Adam Elliot, you have a habit of making poor decisions, inflicted by alcohol.

Adam Elliott is tackled by the Canberra Raiders defence.
The magistrate described Adam Elliott (centre) as having a "habit of making poor decisions".(AAP: Dan Himbrechts)
"This is not your first time before the courts but you have made a valuable contribution to your community and been through enough public shaming."

Neither player was fined or had a criminal conviction recorded, but each was handed a two-year good behaviour bond".

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
**** is scum.

I know we aren't angels but I guarantee 99% of us on here wouldn't do what he or the whore done.
It's disappointing that people can be like this.

One thing is sleeping with your best friend's Mrs, though that's bad enough. But doing it at his house, when the guy just had a blow up with his Mrs and went to bed, when the kids are asleep only metres away.

Takes a new kind of person to do that ...

With all that being said ... we can't sack him. There's simply no grounds.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the bulldogs want to sack him they can. There is a clause in every professional athletes contract these days about bringing the reputation of the company into disrepute.

The club would need to show his conduct has damaged the reputation/standing in the community. This can be established through things such as negative media reports (which have a factual basis), loss/threats from sponsers etc

He can fight it but given the atmospherics of it, I doubt he will.

If the playing group can get past this and are content to play with him he will stay. Otherwise, I think he will be tapped on the shoulder and will likely start a fresh elsewhere.
If that were the case then CHN and Oku would've been out the door with no chance of coming back .. .not that simple mate.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Offcourse it is
Lichaa lost his shit for a reason
I don’t condone laying a hand on his slut but Elliot is free game
I wish he put his head through the window

it was in the bedroom and then chased out into the backyard

just kissing lol
I’ve never heard such tripe
LOL @ excusing the whore