Michael Ennis finally reveals what he said to Nathan Hindmarsh to spark fight in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
MICHAEL Ennis says it is his most asked question — “what did you say to Nathan Hindmarsh to set him off?”

Finally the answer was revealed on Matty Johns Big Weekend tonight after Ennis sat down with Hindmarsh to relive the event.

“That’s my most asked question out of my career,” Ennis said.

Hindmarsh added; “I’m the same — ‘what did Mick Ennis say to you?’”

For those who don’t remember the context, let’s go back to round six of the 2011 season at ANZ Stadium.

Parramatta and Canterbury were doing battle, with the Eels leading 14-0 when Ennis and Hindmarsh engaged in a fiery altercation that ultimately ensured both were sent to the sin bin.

“It must have been a world championship sledge for Nathan Hindmarsh to change direction and come back,” commentator Phil Gould said at the time.

For the record, the Bulldogs claimed the match 34-14.

Link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/video-michael-ennis-finally-reveals-what-he-said-to-nathan-hindmarsh-to-spark-fight-in-2011/story-fni3fbgz-1227270632294?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20%28Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL%29

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
MICHAEL Ennis says it is his most asked question — “what did you say to Nathan Hindmarsh to set him off?”

Finally the answer was revealed on Matty Johns Big Weekend tonight after Ennis sat down with Hindmarsh to relive the event.

“That’s my most asked question out of my career,” Ennis said.

Hindmarsh added; “I’m the same — ‘what did Mick Ennis say to you?’”

For those who don’t remember the context, let’s go back to round six of the 2011 season at ANZ Stadium.

Parramatta and Canterbury were doing battle, with the Eels leading 14-0 when Ennis and Hindmarsh engaged in a fiery altercation that ultimately ensured both were sent to the sin bin.

“It must have been a world championship sledge for Nathan Hindmarsh to change direction and come back,” commentator Phil Gould said at the time.

For the record, the Bulldogs claimed the match 34-14.

Link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

For someone who has no speakers on their computer, can you enlighten me as to what the sledge was?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hindmarsh told him he'd hit him if he kept it up, Ennis said you've wanted to for a while now, go for it............ that was it.

There is the end of the terrible terrible things he must have said to upset St Hindmarsh.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hindmarsh told him he'd hit him if he kept it up, Ennis said you've wanted to for a while now, go for it............ that was it.

There is the end of the terrible terrible things he must have said to upset St Hindmarsh.
Cheers

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
it was known previously
Had a feeling I'd seen that written here not long after it happened (but then there was also the theory he said something about his family too) anyway, they left it on the field and personally I found it funny at the time........ now we just need the ref to explain why he felt he should send Ennis to the sin bin at the time to :confused:

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how they roomed together 3 weeks later in origin camp

Status
Not open for further replies.