Michael Ennis Comments On The Bulldogs Culture: "They've Lost Who They Are"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Former Bulldog Michael Ennis spoke of the much discussed Bulldogs culture which he believes there was a massive culture shift during his time with the club.

Speaking on the Triple M's Dead Set Legends, Ennis spoke of the extent then CEO Todd Greenberg went to in order for Ennis' family to feel comfortable when he first joined the club.

"When you say your a family club you got to be that," Ennis said. Listen to the full audio below.

"When I moved down from Brisbane, Todd Greenberg filled Ben Hannant and my fridges with meat and groceries, when we walked in, to look after our families so we could settle in, which are little things that mean so much."

These family values, according to Ennis, is something the Bulldogs have shifted from in recent time which could be seen as the main cause of chaos at the club.

"I think where the Bulldogs are at the moment, they're so results driven that they've lost who they are," he said.

"The club was built on hard work, discipline but most importantly everyone was a big family and they've lost that."

Listen to the full audio below.
https://omny.fm/shows/dead-set-legends-sydney/michael-ennis-on-the-bulldogs-culture

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...the-bulldogs-culture-theyve-lost-who-they-are

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Steve Mortimer or Terry Lamb talk about knowing the bulldogs DNA then I listen.

Michael Ennis, the guy who was at 3 clubs before the bulldogs only knows a tiny percentage about what the culture and DNA is about.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Like him or hate him he has a point that he shares with us. Filling the fridge with food for his family seems small but it's the little things that add up. To steal a plug, "From little things, big things grow"! Lol
I reckon we are heading in the right direction again...thank fuk.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like him or hate him he has a point that he shares with us. Filling the fridge with food for his family seems small but it's the little things that add up. To steal a plug, "From little things, big things grow"! Lol
I wish someone would fill my fridge with meat!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish someone would fill my fridge with meat!
I wonder if the groceries bill came under the cap :tearsofjoy:

I guess it could add up. If we were paying for kasianos food bill it could easily cost more then the boat Inglis got :p lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After Greenberg the problem we had was that Raelene ate all the food in the players fridge..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many times is Ennis going to repeat himself? The club has made some pretty major steps forward in the last month or so and he still bangs on about it.
I think he is trying to get as much media exposure out of it as possible, because under pay we are back to being a club with bulldogs people in 2 out of the 3 key positions (chairman and coach). So he won't be able to use his under des stories anymore :p

Will be interesting to see who else comes on board. I'll applaud any appointments that help the squad that's for sure. Was sickening to think we resembled manly closer then the bulldogs in the last 6 years, happy to see the back of Hasler, cleal, eagen and the likes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if the groceries bill came under the cap :tearsofjoy:

I guess it could add up. If we were paying for kasianos food bill it could easily cost more then the boat Inglis got :p lol
I'd say there's some sort of cap for that. Players are always get freebies and it could easily be abused.

Kas probs asked melbourne for a boat full of food haha.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say there's some sort of cap for that. Players are always get freebies and it could easily be abused.

Kas probs asked melbourne for a boat full of food haha.
So I guess when you go to the roosters it's the same philosophy, the fridge is full :p but instead of food there is money inside right? :tearsofjoy:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
When Steve Mortimer or Terry Lamb talk about knowing the bulldogs DNA then I listen.

Michael Ennis, the guy who was at 3 clubs before the bulldogs only knows a tiny percentage about what the culture and DNA is about.
And he compares and sees we were a special club and he’s helping make sure we get back there because he’s making his experience of the family Club public and how precious it was for him.

Reactions: DT

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And he compares and sees we were a special club and he’s helping make sure we get back there because he’s making his experience of the family Club public and how precious it was for him.
Ennis is making a comment in the media as a commentator not a bulldogs lover. He's gone to the sharks, got a premiership and that's where his heart lies.

There was a time when a family (I forget their names) opened their home to players coming from the country and helped kids coming to play for the bulldogs settle into the big smoke. It was about talented players and their siblings playing for the "family club".

The bulldogs DNA isn't about the CEO filling the fridge full of food, if that's what Ennis reckons makes the family club then he doesn't really understand it fully himself.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is making a comment in the media as a commentator not a bulldogs lover. He's gone to the sharks, got a premiership and that's where his heart lies.

There was a time when a family (I forget their names) opened their home to players coming from the country and helped kids coming to play for the bulldogs settle into the big smoke. It was about talented players and their siblings playing for the "family club".

The bulldogs DNA isn't about the CEO filling the fridge full of food, if that's what Ennis reckons makes the family club then he doesn't really understand it fully himself.
You're just a whinger . He offered an example of how thoughtful the club was to him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes dead right but the club has made the necessary changes and we will be back to normal soon

Status
Not open for further replies.