Michael Ennis 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Within the first 20 min of the game last night Mick ennis took the ball up from dummy half, twice
on both occasions he held the ball out infront of him and had it knocked out by the defence,
this was also the case with Roberts who did the same.

This isnt the first time that markers have knocked the ball out of Mick ennis hands from a dummy half run and its costing us momentum, i know its only something little but its something that he might need to change, so that he doesnt cough the ball up

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It happens. Tucking it under your arm means you have no intention of passing. Holding it in both hands keeps the defense guessing. Btw.. we did get the scrum feed on both occassions didn't we?

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every dummyhalf does it. What do you want him to do?

Stupid thread buddy.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its happened this season 5 times, and on all but 1 we have lost the ball,
it doesnt happen that reguarly to any other dummy half (this weekend it happened only once, not at our game)
im just saying everyone knows he will pass it and most of the time mick ennis hasnt moved away from the markers, his taken 2 steps to the side, then run straight, he needs to move more away from the markers.

and thats another point
did our forwards continualy run straight into the markers?

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he is not a good dummy half runner, he doesn't do it enough and it is not effective when he does it...

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Ennis the menace

Mick Ennis is probably the only bloke that i can honestly say loves his footy more then any other player on the park. His passion and commitment is second to none, even when hes playing ****, he is always trying something.

I dont no about you guys,but like most, before he came to us, I used to hate him....and Kimmorley likewise, but both have been great signings for the club.
I look to Ennis as the leader, maybe he should take the captaincy band of Ryan, as Ennis would actually talk to the team when we are standing behind the posts like idiots waiting for a conversion to be kicked.
This is nothing against Ryan, he has been great for us, but its time we have a real leader on the field.

I have never seen anyone celebrate a try like Ennis, every try we score, whether we be down by 20 or by 20, Ennis is always certainly the 1st player there to jump all over the try scorer and just for his passion I hope he stays a bulldog 4 life!!

Ennis 4 Captain!!

Mr Patwa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mick Ennis is probably the only bloke that i can honestly say loves his footy more then any other player on the park. His passion and commitment is second to none, even when hes playing ****, he is always trying something.

I dont no about you guys,but like most, before he came to us, I used to hate him....and Kimmorley likewise, but both have been great signings for the club.
I look to Ennis as the leader, maybe he should take the captaincy band of Ryan, as Ennis would actually talk to the team when we are standing behind the posts like idiots waiting for a conversion to be kicked.
This is nothing against Ryan, he has been great for us, but its time we have a real leader on the field.

I have never seen anyone celebrate a try like Ennis, every try we score, whether we be down by 20 or by 20, Ennis is always certainly the 1st player there to jump all over the try scorer and just for his passion I hope he stays a bulldog 4 life!!

Ennis 4 Captain!!

well said mate... love Ennis's passion for the game and the team.. this bloke never gives up trying

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Ennis 4 Captain!!
Yep. Totally agree.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me about Ennis is that after all his years of playing footy he still doesn't know how long a footy field is, and all his kicks continue to go over the dead ball line

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
MICHAEL ENNIS

Runs
2009: 7.2
2010: 3.7

Metres
2009: 51.7
2010: 21.9

Metres Per Run
2009: 7.2
2010: 5.9

Tackles
2009: 26.7
2010: 23.0

Missed Tackles
2009: 4.2
2010: 2.6

Line Breaks
2009: 0.20
2010: 0.14

Tackle Breaks
2009: 1.8
2010: 0.9

Offloads
2009: 0.6
2010: 0.4

Errors
2009: 1.3
2010: 0.4

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Bump

Once we got on a roll in attack, Ennis was thriving. He was quick out of dummy half and actually RAN the ball which is very rare these days. He also provided good service to Noddy and Barba and we had width to play with.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump

Once we got on a roll in attack, Ennis was thriving. He was quick out of dummy half and actually RAN the ball which is very rare these days. He also provided good service to Noddy and Barba and we had width to play with.
i agree think he finally woke up to himself and was running from dummy half at times did better than the best he could

Status
Not open for further replies.