Metallica doing Friday Night Footy Live

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No act. I'm just like you. Without the left wing fairy nonsense. I come here, put my opinion on our olayers and our strategy, occasionally visit the lounge. Nothing more.
Lol Hoodoo Gurus. You must think people are pretty dense. You fool nobody.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, some metallica hate going on in this thread

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Metallica lowering their standards being associated with the NRL. If the NRL were a Metallica album it would rate below Reload.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda liked St Anger, Death Magnetic & Hardwired but yeah nothing beats the 80's stuff before the Black album

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
All good mate. Not sure about it being a world exclusive though....it will just be the clip of them performing with San Francisco Orchestra from their new CD/DVD released next week. It's not like it's being performed live tomorrow for the NRL or live at the game. Let's say you were half-right with your OP!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with old Het's playing though. Riff-master still brings the goods.
Yeah, he still goes pretty good. Just a joke.... his voice has seen better days though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But y not a band like rose tattoo or hoodoo gurus or one of the million western Sydney rappers ?

Example;

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

I absolutely love Metallica, one of the best live bands I have seen. But I am sick to death of Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets. They have so many more interesting songs, but I guess you have to appease the filthy casual fans.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Anyone see this surprise announcement that Metallica are doing a concert at next Friday's Friday night footy game?

intereteee what you think of this.

I don't understand why we get two cent nothing bands from yesteryears to play at our games, when we cousins get Hoodoo Gurus (or other local talent) or a hip hop group like the hilltop hoods or scribe.
I know it's jut a random game and they are probably saving a Hoodoo guru / rose ratio for the grand final. But still.
While they are probably not as good now as when they were at their peak in the 80s/90s they were never a 2 cent band. They were massive when i was growing up and my favourite band ever. Sanitarium my favourite song. I used to wear out their cassettes. Most of you probably dont know what cassettes are lol. Lets just say CDs are a lot better.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
While they are probably not as good now as when they were at their peak in the 80s/90s they were never a 2 cent band. They were massive when i was growing up and my favourite band ever. Sanitarium my favourite song. I used to wear out their cassettes. Most of you probably dont know what cassettes are lol. Lets just say CDs are a lot better.
I've still got a heap of my old metal tapes from back in the day. Actually, I've even still got my metal record collection too. Records are underrated for their picture discs and I just love the record sleeves that open up with the lyrics and pictures. I mean record covers looked great, just because of the size of the cover art compared to tapes and cds.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I absolutely love Metallica, one of the best live bands I have seen. But I am sick to death of Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets. They have so many more interesting songs, but I guess you have to appease the filthy casual fans.
Sandman has pretty much always sucked but Puppets is still good, even though it's been thrashed to death. Killer intro blew me away when I first heard it.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cuntz could of played the entire song at start of game only reason I tuned in now I need to watch this shitty game till the end to see it in full

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
sandman is a good song, just overused.

MOP isnt for a casual filthy fan thoughm, alkthough i agree its overused.

they have some hidden gems that never get any love, and some parts of songs where the dynamics of the song changes for the better like creeping death.

Hero of the day is a good poppy song that doesnt get love, of wolf and man and whereever i may roam is NRLish.

low mans lyric and mama said for a change in pace

For hard stuff Disposable heroes and minus human have been forgotten.