Message To the 15

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are all aware we have 15 players coming off contract, some already know there is no contract for them next year but you would think that shouldn't make a difference it shouldn't stop them giving their best shot week in week out after all I am sure they want to continue careers in the NRL.
My message to the 15 is do your best to prove yourselves to earn a contract if not with the Bulldogs then elsewhere, it's a win win situation !!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's the issue right there though and one that has seen us worse then we really need to be. Any player and let's put Napa right at the top of the list that needs to be told or doesn't know what position they are in right now is dumb as dog shite! If their pride isn't enough to see them atleast compete and show heart and there future isn't enough incentive then fuk the lot of them and replace them all. I have no time for any of the c%nts.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was similar to Parra in 2013 when Ricky punted half the squad. People back then said similar things but they still ran last.

Apart from Napa they are all putting in. They are just not NRL standard players.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard a mass cleaning out is coming and most of those going wont get another contract in the NRL again hence their fucking shitty efforts week in and out...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've heard a mass cleaning out is coming and most of those going wont get another contract in the NRL again hence their fucking shitty efforts week in and out...
Wouldn't surprise me. The majority wouldn't even get a run in the ESL.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me. The majority wouldn't even get a run in the ESL.
It's their own fault too, they could do more but it got cruisy and now they can go find real jobs to earn a pay equivalent to their lack of skills lmao

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if montoya can get a gig so can they just not with the dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Uncertainty is the biggest killer of productivity in any work place.
And frankly that's all on the club and in particular the football department.
Shit coaching and I mean really shit coaching and player retention decisions have lead to where the club is with a dispirited and uninterested playing group.
Also we can all see a lot players who the club as let go because their form with us was terrible have got gigs at other clubs with a stronger roster and are playing 1st grade and look much better than when they played with us.
I keep saying we are not going to "recruit" our way out of the shit we are in. Any good player in the market is going to have clubs crawling all over him.
Burton looks good, JAC is great. We need a quality 9 and two big middle forwards.
But how much money is available for the 15 players?
Watching NRL 360 last night they were saying Cronulla has 4 million available next season and they don't need to recruit 15.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit coaching and I mean really shit coaching and player retention decisions have lead to where the club is with a dispirited and uninterested playing group.
I've heard plenty of people annoyed with players that only put in when they're coming off contract, but it's a bit of a sad joke for us fans and the club that some aren't even doing that for us. I know that the uncertainty factor can play a part in many workplaces. But I think the NRL is a different kettle of fish in the fact that the effort someone puts in can be visibly judged by potential employers. You can't just hand out a resume showing you've played 110 NRL games and get a good reference when the video evidence shows you clocked out. Looking at a senior player like Napa as a prime example. People have seen that he can be something of a monster at his best, but if I were a club looking for a prop I'd be very cautious about throwing money his way when he's visibly taken his foot off the gas a few years ago.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also we can all see a lot players who the club as let go because their form with us was terrible have got gigs at other clubs with a stronger roster and are playing 1st grade and look much better than when they played with us.
I keep saying we are not going to "recruit" our way out of the shit we are in. Any good player in the market is going to have clubs crawling all over him.
Burton looks good, JAC is great. We need a quality 9 and two big middle forwards.
Watching NRL 360 last night they were saying Cronulla has 4 million available next season and they don't need to recruit 15.
I’d like to know who & which players your referring to that have left us & are playing out of their skins at other clubs? Fualalo?Lichaa? Tolman?Montoya? Foran? All are sh1t that have left the club & many more need to go...

Malla

Reaction score
Yes but Sharks also have a number of players off contract that they probably need to up deals for.

But anyway I don't think we need to go out and try recruit the best player on the market, then we will still be top heavy. We need to focus on fixing the junior development of the team, we have the talent there we are just not doing anything about it.

I would much rather us invest the time and money into someone like Jackson Topine than to go try and sign a big name player.

Might take a few years to get back to where we need to be, but it'll mean we'll be back there for the long run.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop tackling like a bunch of pussies

Perfect shot of britt making a typical tackle
Useless ****

20210414_113000.jpg

Malla

Reaction score
Also if you remember 2010 and 2011 were pretty shit years for us but I think the signing of Frank Pritchard changed the culture at the club at the time, he embraced Belmore and we embraced him. He was the perfect player in blue and white. We need to bring on someone like that to the Dogs I think - fuck trying to buy the best player on the market.

Rupert from Sharks comes to mind. Even trying to bring Dale Finucane back.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d like to know who & which players your referring to that have left us & are playing out of their skins at other clubs? Fualalo?Lichaa? Tolman?Montoya? Foran? All are sh1t that have left the club & many more need to go...
Where did I write they were "playing out of their skins" I said they are in 1st grade and playing better now than they did with us.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d like to see some agro and at least signs that our players are putting in.

even if we lose, I’ll respect them if they put their damn bodies on the line!!