Message to Pay and Tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Omg you can't be serious hahahaha

Do you not Remember jarred Hayne that year.?

Wow just wow

First Tolman now renoylds
Do you remember how badly JT had the shits and stopped playing football and was just after Reynolds?

Reynolds couldn't out do him on talent but threw him off his mental game. Not talking about the rest of the team but JT was trying to kill Reynolds all night and wasn't playing football.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you remember how badly JT had the shits and stopped playing football and was just after Reynolds?

Reynolds couldn't out do him on talent but threw him off his mental game. Not talking about the rest of the team but JT was trying to kill Reynolds all night and wasn't playing football.
So true
I remember that
JT came accross as a real sore loser
I remember it

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Better judges than me had him on the verge of State of Origin selection a couple of years ago because he was one of the best at what he does. Desball destroyed his game and reputation.
Laurie Daley was coach, So when you say better judges your argument fails

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Laurie Daley was coach, So when you say better judges your argument fails
When they were talking about Tolman it was Bellamy as coach.

Same coach who identified him as a junior and brought him into first grade. I will always bow to someone like Bellamy as being a better judge of talent than me.

Argument gets back up!!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When they were talking about Tolman it was Bellamy as coach.

Same coach who identified him as a junior and brought him into first grade. I will always bow to someone like Bellamy as being a better judge of talent than me.

Argument gets back up!!!
Games changed in 7 years (bellamy was NSW coach in 2010)

We went on a fire sale what a pity that bellamy didn't try and sign him when we needed to free up some salary cap room

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Games changed in 7 years (bellamy was NSW coach in 2010)

We went on a fire sale what a pity that bellamy didn't try and sign him when we needed to free up some salary cap room
Tactics and rules have changed not the players.

Players still tackle, kick, pass and learn patterns of play. Players who have talent and can master those 4 things will make it in any era.

By your argument players from 7 yrs ago couldn't make it today?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tactics and rules have changed not the players.

Players still tackle, kick, pass and learn patterns of play. Players who have talent and can master those 4 things will make it in any era.

By your argument players from 7 yrs ago couldn't make it today?
Never said that did I.

Tactics have indeed changed

I'll concede those 4 things for backline players

But for the front row I hardly think passing and kicking are high up on the scale.

Props have become stronger, more powerful and more mobile

In any case since you're telling me a player only needs to master a handful of traits and a great judge like bellamy rated tolman 7 years ago, it would stand to reason, based on your parameters, that

• Bellamy would have signed tolman before kasiano
  • Tolman would still be in contention for a NSW origin front row position

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy also let go Hoffman and Procter over the years and now Jesse Bromich.

Bellamy is the super coach who knows as long as his spine is solid he can turn a rock into a diamond.
And he also knows it best to let a good player go 1year too early -than 2 years too late.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never said that did I.

Tactics have indeed changed

I'll concede those 4 things for backline players

But for the front row I hardly think passing and kicking are high up on the scale.

Props have become stronger, more powerful and more mobile

In any case since you're telling me a player only needs to master a handful of traits and a great judge like bellamy rated tolman 7 years ago, it would stand to reason, based on your parameters, that

• Bellamy would have signed tolman before kasiano
  • Tolman would still be in contention for a NSW origin front row position
Are you telling me that a prop shouldn't pass???? That they shouldn't be ball playing forwards???? James Graham in his hey day must have driven you insane.

Kicking may not be important to a prop but from 1908 until today kicking has been a vital cog in any game plan.

So the props from 7 yrs ago wouldn't make it today because they aren't strong enough or mobile enough? Did they all retire or did some of them actually survive to make it to the stronger more mobile today?

As for your 2 points 1. Kasiano was off contract, Tolman wasn't (Yes Kasiano - the ball playing prop I might add)

and 2. Belamy hasn't been NSW coach and Daley has, and pretty much everyone on here agrees Daley is a very bad judge of talent, add to that all our players have suffered playing Desball I am surprised we had anyone in contention for rep honours at all.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you telling me that a prop shouldn't pass???? That they shouldn't be ball playing forwards???? James Graham in his hey day must have driven you insane.
You said mastering a pass, I hardly think a props pass is "mastering a pass"

Kicking may not be important to a prop but from 1908 until today kicking has been a vital cog in any game plan.
Not for a prop though, we're speaking about tolman and props. Keep up

So the props from 7 yrs ago wouldn't make it today because they aren't strong enough or mobile enough? Did they all retire or did some of them actually survive to make it to the stronger more mobile today?
Nope the ones who could hold their own, made metres, had an offload, could complete one on one tackles have survived, meanwhile tolman in the past two seasons has struggled against the younger forwards and those old ones who survived

As for your 2 points 1. Kasiano was off contract, Tolman wasn't (Yes Kasiano - the ball playing prop I might add)
Kasiano is not off contract. You'll find that we're paying a part of his wages next season

Off loads I'd hardly call passing, it's a different skill set

and 2. Belamy hasn't been NSW coach and Daley has, and pretty much everyone on here agrees Daley is a very bad judge of talent, add to that all our players have suffered playing Desball I am surprised we had anyone in contention for rep honours at
2008 to 2010 you might want to check wh0 coached NSW

Tolman didn't suffer under desball. Des rated tolman the best prop in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.