Message to Pay and Tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you don't have workers who does the tackling? Let your weapons do all the tackles then who will do the running?

Your right about Glasby, he is another worker...........Impressive State of Origin debut too. And although he doesn't start have you seen his minutes?

Tacklers like Tolman will only see the game pass them by when it becomes touch footy.

As for the Hasler interchange system and tactics, I completely agree. That is the reason some of our players (Tolman, Lichha among then) have the reputation they now do. We all saw what they could do in the last 3 weeks of the comp when they went out and played footy instead of the 'Hasler Method'

Like I said before hopefully Pay will use them properly.
Awesome post
And completely on the money

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Why don't I blame Des you ask?
Well maybe I do blame that useless ****

But since I don't know if that was the coaches plan or just Tolman being a dumb fuck, I'm getting on the front foot early

I'm not waiting till round 12 to address it.

He m being proactive

I assume members of the club view these threads

And in using this platform to make it absolutely clear that Tolman touching the ball during attacking sets is unacceptable

I hope that clears things up for you
Papa Het that was savagely on point , nice work , rock the fk on!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer

13. Jackson
12. Elliot
11. RFM

And then we've still yet to see if Eastwood will be re-invigorated with Pay as coach.

Simply put Tolman no longer has a spot in our forward pack, both Tualau and Fualalo are already more impressive than Tolman
I agree Jacko at lock is his best spot. Still not sure about Elliott. He has too many mistakes in him and is impetuous. Reminds me of a young Michael Beattie back in the day at the Dragons- the kid in the lollie jar. Ended up Dragons captain though (I think). RFM is a big talent.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you may be wrong there. Pay played with Simon Gillies who had a very similar role to the natural game that Tolman has.

If anything, Pay (hopefully) would understand how to use a player with Tolmans abilities properly and not the way Des has been using him.

How could you possibly use him any different?
The only different way is to stay out of the bloody way unless your going to get more leg drive and maybe put on a few kgs

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I am talking about the balance of a 1st grade pack. That much hasn't changed.

Gillies was not a front rower and I don't think our props should be tackiling machines we have Jackson and Eliot for that as well as licha

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How could you possibly use him any different?
The only different way is to stay out of the bloody way unless your going to get more leg drive and maybe put on a few kgs
You use him in the holes in defence, like a sweeper. He is brilliant at that. He is not an attacking weapon. You use him to ruck the ball out of your own half, as a decoy. Doing the dirty stuff no one gets credit for because it is not spectacular, but work that needs to be done.

There are countless possibilities.

Running the ball on the 4th in an attacking position is not one of them. Definitely not the way to use him.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gillies was not a front rower and I don't think our props should be tackiling machines we have Jackson and Eliot for that as well as licha
No you are right, Gillies was not a front rower but he did play a very similar role. I am not commenting on whether our props should be tackling machines or not (although many around the NRL actually are).

But since Tolman WILL be a part of our team next year using him at what he is good at can only benefit the team.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You use him in the holes in defence, like a sweeper. He is brilliant at that. He is not an attacking weapon. You use him to ruck the ball out of your own half, as a decoy. Doing the dirty stuff no one gets credit for because it is not spectacular, but work that needs to be done.

There are countless possibilities.

Running the ball on the 4th in an attacking position is not one of them. Definitely not the way to use him.
Mate that is a waste of a prop

Why not play Elliot or Jackson at lock doing all that and just move Tolman on?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No you are right, Gillies was not a front rower but he did play a very similar role. I am not commenting on whether our props should be tackling machines or not (although many around the NRL actually are).

But since Tolman WILL be a part of our team next year using him at what he is good at can only benefit the team.

We could use him in our reserve grade side to bring our young players along

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly not what Tolman offers and if your saying he makes a heap of tackles and metres we have woods that does that now.
League these days is about rotation. No prop plays 80 mins. Tolman is a necessity in that rotation.

Better judges than me had him on the verge of State of Origin selection a couple of years ago because he was one of the best at what he does. Desball destroyed his game and reputation.

There is no reason he can't become that player again used properly.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
League these days is about rotation. No prop plays 80 mins. Tolman is a necessity in that rotation.

Better judges than me had him on the verge of State of Origin selection a couple of years ago until Desball destroyed his game and reputation.

There is no reason he can't become that player again used properly.

Mate is was more then a couple of years ago and just removed that spastic renoylds played origin..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate is was more then a couple of years ago and just removed that spastic renoylds played origin..
That spastic was the only 5/8 would ever put JT off his game enough for NSW to win a series.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That spastic was the only 5/8 would ever put JT off his game enough for NSW to win a series.
Omg you can't be serious hahahaha

Do you not Remember jarred Hayne that year.?

Wow just wow

First Tolman now renoylds

Status
Not open for further replies.