(merged) Anasta to learn fate this week - article from nrl.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Anasta to learn fate this week - article from nrl.com.au

From NRL.com.au .. here's hoping for good news.

-----------------------------------------------
Anasta to learn fate this week

29 May 2005

The manager of Bulldogs pivot Braith Anasta says his star charge will "definitely" decide on his playing future in the next few days.

Greg Willett said the gameplan would be simple when he and Anasta meet with Australian Rugby Union player liaison manager Shaun Barry this week.

"There's no line of attack. It will be just finding out what rugby can offer him - Braith simply wants to know if it is worthwhile swapping over," he said.

"So we'll know this week if he is playing rugby.

"It's clear cut, he will definitely be making a decision this week.

"We haven't seen an offer as yet (from the ARU), so I'll find out what the story is this week."

The Bulldogs have reportedly tabled an offer.

Other NRL clubs expected to queue up for his services after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline are South Sydney - where Anasta played as a junior - and the Sydney Roosters which is still feeling the retirement of five-eighth Brad Fittler.

The Bulldogs will be sweating on Anasta's announcement after enduring an NRL season to forget to date.

The defending NRL champions are nursing a lengthy injury list back to health while reeling from losing three of their last four matches including last Friday night's 48-12 thrashing at the hands of North Queensland.

The Bulldogs are without Test props Mark O'Meley (knee, back in eight weeks) and Willie Mason (foot, eight weeks), Queensland centre Willie Tonga (knee, five weeks) and City utility Reni Maitua (ankle, three months).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
in the words of Gorden Tallis

Braith if you want to go just GO

G

_GGB_

In al honesty , hes tryin hard but i really culdnt care less... the halves arent up 2 scratch.. N Id prefer keepin a player like MASON who always has GREAT IMPACT

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez I hope he stays and doesn,t get talked into somewhere he doesn,t wanna be,when in doubt stay put.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i read in todays paper that the dogs have started talking to a couple of big name players comeing off contract because they are expecting both mason and anasta to go, but who knows, i cant see us keep ing both but we should be able to keep 1 surley

lonhro

andrew ryan
Reaction score
why not let both of them go the only reason they want to go is because they will not get the same money as sonny.as mason said if the bulldogs are going to give sonny more money then him he would go .teir not the pin up boys of the bulldogs now so now they want to leave

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anasta's future to be decided this week

Anasta's future to be decided this week
May 30, 2005

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
The manager of Bulldogs pivot Braith Anasta says his star charge will "definitely" decide on his playing future in the next few days.

Greg Willett said the gameplan would be simple when he and Anasta meet with Australian Rugby Union player liaison manager Shaun Barry this week.

"There's no line of attack. It will be just finding out what rugby can offer him - Braith simply wants to know if it is worthwhile swapping over," he said.

"So we'll know this week if he is playing rugby.

"It's clear cut, he will definitely be making a decision this week.

"We haven't seen an offer as yet (from the ARU), so I'll find out what the story is this week."

The Bulldogs have reportedly tabled an offer.

Other NRL clubs expected to queue up for his services after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline are South Sydney - where Anasta played as a junior - and the Sydney Roosters which is still feeling the retirement of five-eighth Brad Fittler.

The Bulldogs will be sweating on Anasta's announcement after enduring an NRL season to forget to date.

The defending NRL champions are nursing a lengthy injury list back to health while reeling from losing three of their last four matches including last Friday night's 48-12 thrashing at the hands of North Queensland.

The Bulldogs are without Test props Mark O'Meley (knee, back in eight weeks) and Willie Mason (foot, eight weeks), Queensland centre Willie Tonga (knee, five weeks) and City utility Reni Maitua (ankle, three months).

Mason is yet to re-sign with the Bulldogs and is expected to wait until the June 30 anti-tampering deadline before entertaining offers from up to three clubs - the Roosters, Canberra and Melbourne.

In some welcome good news, superstar forward Sonny Bill Williams looks set to return from an ankle injury - which has kept him sidelined for two months - against South Sydney on Saturday at Sydney Showground.

In a sign of how badly the Bulldogs are travelling, even their mascot didn't leave the field against North Queensland unscathed.

Anthony Duck - who won a competition to be a Bulldogs mascot for a day - limped off with a hamstring injury during the match after being tackled from behind by a fan who was arrested

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
I wonder if thats just a decision on playing union or staying with the Dogs? Anasta may still go the way of Mason and decide to test his value on the market

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Thank @&@# for that! Stay. Go. Que sera sera - Just do it SOON Braith!

I SWEAR if u come back at the end of the week Braith, and tell us all "Oh, I think I'm just going to wait for June 30 now!" - after all this BS - I SWEAR - I will give ALL the groupies your home adddress, mobile and landline telephone numbers, and detailed daily schedule - complete with maps!!!

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
I personally hope he leaves, that way we can retain mason and hopefully get a proper 5/8 to play so we can get a bit of brilliance in the halfes to accomodate sherwin.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well for the Bulldogs, if we have to lose either Mason or Anasta, I think the logical choice would be keeping Mason and letting Anasta go. Marvin will be ready for next season as 5/8th.

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
in the words of Gorden Tallis

Braith if you want to go just GO
couldnt have said it better myself.

But i wonder who will take their place?

B

Bwaif

I'd rather keep Anasta than Mason, it's harder to find decent halves than it is to find forwards...

D

D0ggyStylz

Im over it! What ever happens....happens! CBF thinking about it until then.

Dolores

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing about it. If Anasta goes I'm sure we will either be able to produce a better player or buy someone else who want to play with the Bulldogs. If he had any loyalty at all he would stay at the Bulldogs becuase he is only the player he is today because of them. And Mason complaining about the money.... I have no doubt he will leave... I guess he backflipped on his comments he made after the grand final last year about wanting to remain a Bulldog again... Guess we will just have to wait and see...

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
GreekGoddess said:
I'd rather keep Anasta than Mason, it's harder to find decent halves than it is to find forwards...
Nah u just want him there coz he's greek right? :p

daisy boo

bloo & wyte.
Reaction score
Supremacy said:
Nah u just want him there coz he's greek right? :p
geez havnt u got somewhere to go..

Braith deserves the money he is bein paid.. i agree with GG, its easy to find forwards or we cud jus buy someone else and i dont think mason leavin will hav a big impact on the team... halves are different, they require talent and skill. not sayin forwards dont need or require those things, but there are plenty of forwards out there and i dont think we'll be producing any good ones anytime soon (ciz)(no offence).
i'd be happier if braith went to souths than union but i first want him to stay at the dogs. :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.