Memory card help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I seem to be having problems with my microSD memory card, which goes into my Nokia 6234. When I plug the card into my PC (using a normal SD adapter), and transfer music onto it, I get "incorrect parameter". Now, it doesnt happen to all the files as it lets me transfer some songs but not all. Its giving me the irrates.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can it be fixed?
Cheers.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to be having problems with my microSD memory card, which goes into my Nokia 6234. When I plug the card into my PC (using a normal SD adapter), and transfer music onto it, I get "incorrect parameter". Now, it doesnt happen to all the files as it lets me transfer some songs but not all. Its giving me the irrates.

Cheers.
it could be that the file ur sending isn't supported

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score

Cheers.
Are you using Vista by any chance? Do you have another computer to test it out on or another card? Could either mean the card is corrupted or the drivers on Vista aren't updated to accept these cards.

X

XxFoVoSxX

ive got one of those memory card slot things that goes into the memory card slot for my laptop.. works fine for me... im also using vista.. so im assuming your memory card carked it tbh

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
my nephew had that problem and he changed the format of the song and it worked
He's trying to transfer music across not trying to play it on his Nokia....
You're thinking of something totally different. He is having an input/output problem from the computer to the card.

Also Gonads if all else fails, just reformat the thing. It will solve any issues that you had with the card. You will lose your stuff but its better than the situation you're in now.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
it could be that the file ur sending isn't supported
Its mp3 so it should work. But it works for some and not for others. Maybe the filename is too long? Ill give that a go.

Are you using Vista by any chance? Do you have another computer to test it out on or another card? Could either mean the card is corrupted or the drivers on Vista aren't updated to accept these cards.
No Vista. WinXP. No I dont have another comp. or card to test it out. Maybe the card is corrupted.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
ive got one of those memory card slot things that goes into the memory card slot for my laptop.. works fine for me... im also using vista.. so im assuming your memory card carked it tbh
Nah Vista has had known problems with this, its not all vista machines, like mine works fine. Just the odd one here and there.

His card is still alive unless he isn't telling me something i dont know....

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He's trying to transfer music across not trying to play it on his Nokia....
You're thinking of something totally different. He is having an input/output problem from the computer to the card.

Also Gonads if all else fails, just reformat the thing. It will solve any issues that you had with the card. You will lose your stuff but its better than the situation you're in now.
Ok thanx. Ill give it a go.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Its mp3 so it should work. But it works for some and not for others. Maybe the filename is too long? Ill give that a go.

No Vista. WinXP. No I dont have another comp. or card to test it out. Maybe the card is corrupted.
Just reformat then mate.

X

XxFoVoSxX

Nah Vista has had known problems with this, its not all vista machines, like mine works fine. Just the odd one here and there.

His card is still alive unless he isn't telling me something i dont know....
hm... i dont know.. your the genius here hehe..

oh btw my speakers are working again LOL :p

random much... my computer just randomly restarted and i could hear sound :p

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Its really bizzare, coz like I said it works for some but not for others. Ill try re-formatting and maybe re-naming the file to something shorter.

Thanx for your input.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
hm... i dont know.. your the genius here hehe..

oh btw my speakers are working again LOL :p

random much... my computer just randomly restarted and i could hear sound :p
LOL no genius. OMG your computer is possessed!!!! I tried so hard working out what was wrong with the damn thing

X

XxFoVoSxX

LOL no genius. OMG your computer is possessed!!!! I tried so hard working out what was wrong with the damn thing
LOL dw that night you were helping me out.. i stayed up for a while trying to figure it out... 3 weeks later the thing starts working.. LOL.. it really is possessed... randomly restarts on its own with no friggen updates... its got a mind of its own..

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Its really bizzare, coz like I said it works for some but not for others. Ill try re-formatting and maybe re-naming the file to something shorter.

Thanx for your input.
Computers and their accessories are weird and wonderful things. Sometimes its almost impossible to pinpoint the exact problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.