Memories of the 80’s - Do you Remember Any of These?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 28926Four Corners (of the world) food court which was Australia’s first food court at Roselands. I remember it from late 80s to mid 90’s but it was there since the 60s and it was seen as quite posh to have curry prawns from the Chinese stall.
I lived just down the road from Roselands and I used to work at the Commonwealth Bank in the centre .Other high points of the centre were the Raindrop fountain and Grace Bros as the centerpiece taking up all four floors in one area of the centre.

Remember standing in the middle of my street watching Roselands go up in smoke only about four years after it opened. . Saw Jaws at the Roselands theatre beautiful that they had there. On the corner of my old street was a Hartees burger restaurant later to become Punchbowl McDonald's and a Frisco furniture store.

Most recent visit to Roselands would have been about two years ago on a visit to mum and the food court is nowhere near as posh now . The usual Maccas, kebab shop and Gloria Jean.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Galaxy world
Kings Cross

pinball machines , street fighter 2/3/alpha
Heroin also

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1970 Bankstown square carpark
Can’t believe what a shithouse it is these-days
Look at the HT monaro would be worth a fo
91A7AF0B-9995-404F-88B0-4BBC0A317BB6.jpeg

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all probably reminisce more as we get older i know i do but i loved the 80's even the late 70's onwards, i may be in the minority but the world in many ways was a far better place and my little world in and around Bankstown and living in Condell Park was bloody alright.

Most things the OP listed ring a bell but particularly The Entrance we used to go there a lot for holidays i loved the place swimming, fishing, the fair at nite it was a great place back then..oh yeh and the prawning too in the lake inlet we used to catch shitloads, remember the linkover road bridge the views from it surveying the inlet and beach, caravan park and terriffic foreshore on the opposite side and a beaut shoppping centre etc.Unsure what the place is like nowadays unlikely it is as good as it was back then.
I also moved to WA in 2001 so I haven't been north of Sydney since my old man died in 2003(but we laid him to rest at Rookwood)near The Entrance is a beach of great fondness called Soldiers beach, a VERY cool place we visited often back in the day so it made a trip there in memory of the old boy very special.

Like i said(and guys and gals in their 30'or even around 40 so born early 80's wouldn't get it and may say wtf man lol)it was the best era i'd go back there in a heartbeat.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went to about 20 of them at Charing cross ….. wore hammer pants too one time lol
Haha hammer pants. Man during the 80's/90's the happy/parachute pants were the rage. I admit I had a fair few pairs back then, most of them were American major and college sport teams (NBA/NFL/MLB/NCAA).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I miss 1980s Bankstown plaza.
Coles used to be in between north and south terrace and on that same bridge used to be a fish pond filled with goldfish.

the pond had a pellet dispenser where you could pay 20 cents for a handful of pellets to feed the fish!
I always used to hound my grandmother for 20c to feed them!

Good times were the 1980s and 1990s.
those decades weren’t filled with narcissistic know it all virgin snowflakes!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The eighties were great, first plastic bumpers and injection on Commodores, dirt bikes got mono shocks safety seats and disc brakes then State Rail bought out the Tangara, we got walkmans with headsets, the electronic age was here.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep, it’s largely the same today: F&V and a smaller Paddy’s Market (the bigger Paddy’s is still in Haymarket in town). Yep, Game & Watch was huge. In our house we had Parachute, Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Popeye. Primitive by today’s standards :-):

View attachment 28915
I still have 7 of them in mint condition. Fire attack, Donkey Kong 2, Donkey kong jr, Zelda, minesweeper, turtle bridge and Mario's cement factory tabletop. Was obsessed with them at the time.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Woolies become Waltons or was it next door just out of site in this pic?
i think waltons become woolies, its been years since i was there, but it was a stand alone building

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Jamberoo still going? I quite enjoyed that place - it was where i got to control the action.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is Jamberoo still going? I quite enjoyed that place - it was where i got to control the action.
Yep still going. They have turned it into a water park. Still have the toboggans but a lot of other stuff has been dismantled for water slides to be built. My brother used to work there in sunner