Membership Pledge

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've paid over $1000 for membership for a family of 5, I'd be happy to roll it over to next year but I'm not sure if I can afford that much of a donation.
I don’t get it? If footy gets played, you’re getting what you payed for. If it gets canned, you have already spent it, anyway.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will pledge but i am a true fan.

there will always be money hungry fans who want their money back, but for me, the bulldogs are my life and i am one of their biggest supporters, so i will do what i can to help

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a great gesture from anyone who can indeed pledge.

However, I hope (and I very much doubt) not doing so will mean members will lose their seats, or have those who pledged receive greater advantage in future. Given the current climate, the unemployment rate where it's at - it'd be nice for people in a position who can do so, but completely understandable for those who cannot.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have a go fund me page of some sort,people can donate what they can afford

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

there will always be money hungry fans who want their money back, but for me, the bulldogs are my life and i am one of their biggest supporters, so i will do what i can to help
I'm a 50+ year fan who lives and breathes the Bulldogs, I've had a family membership for 12 years. I'm also out of work at the moment so the $1000 will help me put food on the table for my family. I'm far from money hungry, I do though have a desire for my family to get through the next few months relatively unscathed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

That's rubbish if you can afford to pledge the money that's great but the realty is a lot of people's financial situation has changed since they signed up.

$500 or $1000 could go a long way if a family is with out a bread winner at the minute and I won't be looking down at anyone that has to make a decision that's best for their family.

It would be interesting to see the club's policy on members's that missed a payment on their memberships in previous years I wonder if they were as accommodating and pledged back in return........

Reactions: J_B

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a 50+ year fan who lives and breathes the Bulldogs, I've had a family membership for 12 years. I'm also out of work at the moment so the $1000 will help me put food on the table for my family. I'm far from money hungry, I do though have a desire for my family to get through the next few months relatively unscathed.
Don't worry mate you have to look after your family the vast majority of people understand.

Reactions: J_B

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

What a silly thing to say.

Reactions: Lex

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not being cynical but, new member in April and club looking for pledges..

Apologies to @lovemachine if I am wrong but I know in another sport I was involved in it was common for media managers etc to join forums anonymously to spin doctor ideas and opinions.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

What if the 'money hungry' fan has lost their job and getting their pledge money back might help feed their family or pay bills... Does that mean they aren't a true supporter.
This is not my scenario, but i i can appreciate that there are alot bigger things at work here

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t get it? If footy gets played, you’re getting what you payed for. If it gets canned, you have already spent it, anyway.
Not really. We pay our membership so we can actually put our bums on seats at the ground. If I wanted to watch it on TV I would not buy a season membership, but my preference is to actually attend games, soak up the atmosphere and share the game in a friendly surrounding with like minded people . That being said people may say you can watch it on TV anyway but so can everyone else who has not paid a membership. All the "extras" that you get are a 15% discount on merchandise, a few fan days that are normally held on days that are not particularly fan friendly ( especially if you live over 600 km round trip from Belmore.)I love the Dogs and would never ever support any other team but I am afraid that in the current financial climate I simply can't pledge the money to them. Probably means that I lose the seats I have had for the last 17 odd years but would hope that the trust went both ways in that we have supported them for that period of time so we could keep our seats for next year. Rolling the membership over to next year would be good.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. We pay our membership so we can actually put our bums on seats at the ground. If I wanted to watch it on TV I would not buy a season membership, but my preference is to actually attend games, soak up the atmosphere and share the game in a friendly surrounding with like minded people . That being said people may say you can watch it on TV anyway but so can everyone else who has not paid a membership. All the "extras" that you get are a 15% discount on merchandise, a few fan days that are normally held on days that are not particularly fan friendly ( especially if you live over 600 km round trip from Belmore.)I love the Dogs and would never ever support any other team but I am afraid that in the current financial climate I simply can't pledge the money to them. Probably means that I lose the seats I have had for the last 17 odd years but would hope that the trust went both ways in that we have supported them for that period of time so we could keep our seats for next year. Rolling the membership over to next year would be good.
@dogluva please write the club and ask about your seats, detail your situation and mention you would like to be in the lucky position to pledge entire membership.
I don't think this is the time for other fans to be granted a benefit at the cost of another fan! No one would want that.
Plead your case or I'll do it for you :grinning:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my whole family on qld memberships even my son has one ... due to be born in 4 weeks has one anything to help

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
I pledge we are run by an incompetent board and CEO flop, that seek sponsors on LinkedIn, can’t get sponsorship, can’t retain sponsors etc etc and now asking fans to give away there hard earned! Why? Cause the club is currently being mismanaged! What a disgrace....I’m taking my money back and shame on them and anyone else putting pressure on us fans!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I pledge we are run by an incompetent board and CEO flop, that seek sponsors on LinkedIn, can’t get sponsorship, can’t retain sponsors etc etc and now asking fans to give away there hard earned! Why? Cause the club is currently being mismanaged! What a disgrace....I’m taking my money back and shame on them and anyone else putting pressure on us fans!
Ha ha - your third post saying essentially the same thing. Talk about axe grinding.

You’re conveniently overlooking that the club did secure a major sponsor and two selfish former employees ruined that. By and large all other sponsors were retained, except MPA who also ended their sponsorship courtesy of the two former employees.

You’re entitled to your money back and go for it, but your accusations are hardly grounded in ‘reality’.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brisbane broncos have posted that all memberships already paid in full will be rolled over as paid in full for next seasonScreenshot_20200426-215653_Gallery.jpeg

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I still never received any email about this from the club, however I downgraded to a Kennel 3 membership from full Kennel so maybe that is why. I am pretty fkn glad I did that TBH