Membership Pledge

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told yez 3 years ago about putting a broke company about to be put in jail for fraud and unpaid bills. In charge of a rich club.
But yeah they are what we need they have bullfrogs dna fmd. Can people get more dumb or absent in there own thinkng cause its so clouded with dna, broke dna. Lol club is beyond blind and ridiculous at minute.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed. I’m fortunate enough in that my financial situation hasn’t been compromised in the current climate. But with a young family and a bub due in July. The $400 I spent on membership will definitely come in handy.

I know people will say oh but you spent that money already it’s no use just support the club. Just seeing the way the clubs operated the last few years. It’s fucking depressing. We’ve been the whipping boys for punishment. Got a coach who to be honest hasn’t improved the squad at all in 3 years (still don’t have set plays). I’ve just fucking had enough. I’ll support the club. They won’t go bust.

At the end of the day if there’s no going to the footy, I’d rather my hard earned money support my family then overpaid footballers.
Agreed CM. A mate of mine was due to go the the US on a holiday in April, he has been refunded for all of his accomodation and is getting a credit for his flights to be used at a later date.

At a minimum the club should be offering to roll this years membership over to next year or offer a refund. I think we paid $1M to Hasler to pay out his contract and now they're asking the fans to pledge money? I love this club and I'm happy to support them by buying memberships and overpriced merchandise but I'm not a multi-millionaire and can't afford to drop over a grand to one of the richest clubs in Australia.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its getting embarrassing now, the club sending another email wanting me to pledge my membership, maybe they need to look at the thousands of us out of work and show some compassion, our family alone 3 house members out of 4 now unemployed, to be honest, the way im feeling about the management of the club, and the crying poor without thinking about its supporters or others, this will be out last year as members, its been a great ride for nearly 20 years lots of highs and gut-wrenching lows, i know the heros will say your not a true supporter, i dont give a shit about that or what they say, and since when does being a supporter come down to who can afford to pledge their membership and who cannot.

Although we are all starting to look forward out of the COVID-19 crisis, we need our Members now more than ever.

Over 20% of ticketed Bulldogs members have pledged their 2020 Membership fee to the club, and we would love you to do the same. Your support is critical to getting us back up and running as soon as possible.

By pledging your membership fee via the link below, you are helping to ensure that our club survives these unprecedented times and we continue to represent you, our family, in the National Rugby League.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
its getting embarrassing now, the club sending another email wanting me to pledge my membership, maybe they need to look at the thousands of us out of work and show some compassion, our family alone 3 house members out of 4 now unemployed, to be honest, the way im feeling about the management of the club, and the crying poor without thinking about its supporters or others, this will be out last year as members, its been a great ride for nearly 20 years lots of highs and gut-wrenching lows, i know the heros will say your not a true supporter, i dont give a shit about that or what they say, and since when does being a supporter come down to who can afford to pledge their membership and who cannot.

Although we are all starting to look forward out of the COVID-19 crisis, we need our Members now more than ever.

Over 20% of ticketed Bulldogs members have pledged their 2020 Membership fee to the club, and we would love you to do the same. Your support is critical to getting us back up and running as soon as possible.

By pledging your membership fee via the link below, you are helping to ensure that our club survives these unprecedented times and we continue to represent you, our family, in the National Rugby League.
Yeah they are certainly pushing their luck now. Some of the language used in the emails is way over the top too it’s scaremongering and guilt tripping fans into giving the club the money. The club has been living a very charmed life financially for a long time with the Leagues Club pretty much being it’s sugar daddy. They have wasted millions over the last 10 years and now come cap in hand to the fans. You’d hope the club learns from this and is a lot wiser with spending moving forward.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are certainly pushing their luck now. Some of the language used in the emails is way over the top too it’s scaremongering and guilt tripping fans into giving the club the money. The club has been living a very charmed life financially for a long time with the Leagues Club pretty much being it’s sugar daddy. They have wasted millions over the last 10 years and now come cap in hand to the fans. You’d hope the club learns from this and is a lot wiser with spending moving forward.
The closing of the Leagues club is a huge issue - but it highlights the financial waste of the last decade and to me it shows how bad the club has treated supporters over the last ten years as well. Hope they learn to treat supporters better

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Now with this...

$15,000 a pop: NRL clubs reach out to fans for funding amid crisis
By Adam Pengilly
NRL clubs are flooding the Australian Sports Foundation website with appeals asking for tax-friendly donations of up to $15,000 to keep them afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Two of Sydney's most famous clubs, Canterbury and South Sydney, have launched and amended pitches with the ASF, which is a fundraising platform for sporting organisations from grassroots to elite level.

The Bulldogs announced plans for 17 donors to become founding members of the Premiership Patrons, which requests a pledge of $15,000 to help a project titled 'Bulldogs tackling COVID-19'.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The players are bitching over losing 20% of their pay, and are going to be flying in private planes to away matches

A lot of us have lost their jobs and those of us with jobs earn a hell of alot less then the players.

If you hadn't gotten a membership but bought tickets through ticketek you already have your money back

So they want us to pledge our hard earned cash AND donate while the players get paid...

We don't even have a full team for the season! No replacement for the 2 sacked players, a few long term injuries and Elliott won't be back before the season starts and haven't won a game this season!

The club can go jump

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The players are bitching over losing 20% of their pay, and are going to be flying in private planes to away matches

A lot of us have lost their jobs and those of us with jobs earn a hell of alot less then the players.

If you hadn't gotten a membership but bought tickets through ticketek you already have your money back

So they want us to pledge our hard earned cash AND donate while the players get paid...

We don't even have a full team for the season! No replacement for the 2 sacked players, a few long term injuries and Elliott won't be back before the season starts and haven't won a game this season!

The club can go jump
Whats Elliots problem

Do agree with your sentiment - pissed me with the players not happy about going to training.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is difficult to contact them by phone and we can't go to the offices but myself and the other ticket holders on our family membership have been inundated with emails from them asking for a pledge of membership, three separate occasions each since they started asking..... I want to talk to them about it but no staff manning phones. Sorry, but I am not paying for a service that I am not getting.Yeah, sure I can watch it on TV but so can those who DON"T have a ticketed membership costing close to 1000 per year. When I can finally speak to someone I shall be asking for the membership to be rolled over until next year when we will be able to go to the grounds. If they can't do that, a refund but that will probably mean loss of seats we have had for close on 19 years......

I supported the club all those years, about time they started to cut a bit of slack our way... call me selfish if you like, but to us the money we pay is a lot ...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is difficult to contact them by phone and we can't go to the offices but myself and the other ticket holders on our family membership have been inundated with emails from them asking for a pledge of membership, three separate occasions each since they started asking..... I want to talk to them about it but no staff manning phones. Sorry, but I am not paying for a service that I am not getting.Yeah, sure I can watch it on TV but so can those who DON"T have a ticketed membership costing close to 1000 per year. When I can finally speak to someone I shall be asking for the membership to be rolled over until next year when we will be able to go to the grounds. If they can't do that, a refund but that will probably mean loss of seats we have had for close on 19 years......

I supported the club all those years, about time they started to cut a bit of slack our way... call me selfish if you like, but to us the money we pay is a lot ...
Surely they could have kept a couple of staff members working to give fans answers especially when they are asking people to give them money for a service they won’t be able to provide. It would have been in their best interest too as they may have been able to find a solution to people’s problem and now they will just be asking for a refund. The club certainly has taken the fans for granted for a while now. I wouldn’t worry too much about your seats seeing as we are moving to BankWest anyway.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Nothing selfish about it. Everyone's in a different boat financially. Shame if you lose your seats, surely common sense will prevail.
Take my hat off to anyone that pledges and those that don't who have financially supported the club for years.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whats Elliots problem

Do agree with your sentiment - pissed me with the players not happy about going to training.
Elliott moved to Darwin to have his child, won't come back till its born

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dinkum

You should speak to your people.
Some are doing it tough, surely the club could at least look at a hardship application by those suffering and at least help some on a case by case.
It doesn't have to be a blanket decision, but at least have a chat to those members about their options.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dinkum

Some are doing it tough, surely the club could at least look at a hardship application by those suffering and at least help some on a case by case.
It doesn't have to be a blanket decision, but at least have a chat to those members about their options.
it's ok folks, no need to stress, dinkumdog has all the answers, he leads a crack team of board loyalists...

take it away DD, the floor is yours....

@DinkumDog

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
it's ok folks, no need to stress, dinkumdog has all the answers, he leads a crack team of board loyalists...

@DinkumDog
Thanks for the tag Godfather - and despite another comedy attempt to fall flat on its face - I’m surprised to learn you may care about anyone else...

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkum

Hi Teddy

I’ll make some enquires and see what I can find out. Now that the season looks set to resume on 28 May (Warriors arrive tomorrow to start isolation), staff should start returning to work from Monday and hopefully can answer queries a bit faster. A roll over for next year seems fair for those under hardship with the Rona for sure...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear mate
Stay safe
Hi Teddy

I’ll make some enquires and see what I can find out. Now that the season looks set to resume on 28 May (Warriors arrive tomorrow to start isolation), staff should start returning to work from Monday and hopefully can answer queries a bit faster. A roll over for next year seems fair for those under hardship with the Rona for sure...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

@DinkumDog
Don't get why people need to come on here and be dicks about things.

Whether you like Dinkum or not he's just trying to help out a fellow bulldog showing compassion. Used to think that was what this club was all about. Helping out your fellow Bulldog.

As I said. If you don't like Dinkum fair dues. Can't knock you for disliking someone. But to take the piss out of him for showing empathy towards another person? FFS. Get a grip.